Rules for Normal Raids
These are the loot rules for normal After Hours raids. After Hours uses a DKP system to purchase loots, combined with a Tier system to prioritize winners. By default the following are the rules After Hours works by.
The Loot process for Members:
IF YOU SHOW UP LATE FOR THE RAID, YOU CAN ONLY WIN BONUS LOOT
1. Members earn DKP per target at a rate of 0.3 DKP for farmable raid kills, 0.6 DKP for second raid kills, and 1 DKP for our first win of an event. Larger DKP awards may be given for hard-fought wins, and marginal DKP may be given for close attempts on new encounters. In both cases the raid leader ultimately decides the quantity of DKP to award.
2. Members earn Tiers at a rate of 1 per raid target.
3. When an item drops on a raid, a SL announces the item at a reasonable price for the item of either 3 DKP or 1 DKP.
4. If a raider wants to purchase the item at the announced price, they send the SL a tell stating their Tier, and acknowledging the DKP price the SL announced the item for. E.g. /tell wwein Tier 12, 3 DKP.
5. After a pause, the SL announces 'Closing in 10', waits for 10 seconds, and then closes the item. If the SL received any tells for the item, the SL awards it to the raider with the highest tier, breaking any tie with a roll. If the SL did not receive any tells, the item drops in value from 3 to 1, or 1 to BoNuS. This sequence continues until someone buys the item, or it rots.
6. After a raider purchases an item at 3 or 1 DKP, their Tier is immediately reset to Tier 1, their DKP pool is immediately lowered by the price they paid, and they are then only eligible to purchase BoNuS loot and certain 0 DKP items for the rest of the night.
7. Raiders are responsible for all their purchases. If a raider incorrectly represents their tier, DKP, or eligibilty to win an item then a disciplinary process will follow. If ever you are unsure on your DKP/tier/eligibility then simply ask. Delaying the loot for a few moments while you check your status is infinitely better than being awarded an item someone else should have won.
8. If a raider has failed to appear at 40 raids targets (roughly 3-10 weeks), their tier is automatically reset to 1 (though their DKP is unaffected).
9. Boxes and mains are considered the same entity and they may not both loot on the same night. 1 loot per human being (not per character).
The Loot Process for Apps:
1. Apps earn DKP per target at a rate of 0.3 DKP for farmable raid kills, 0.6 DKP for second raid kills, and 1 DKP for our first win of an event. Larger DKP awards may be given for hard-fought wins, and marginal DKP may be given for close attempts on new encounters. In both cases the raid leader ultimately decides the quantity of DKP to award.
2. Apps do not earn tiers.
3. Until they are promoted to Member, they may only win BoNuS loot, and special 0 DKP loots.
The Loot Process for Guests:
1. Guests earn neither DKP nor Tiers.
2. Guests have the same loot rights as Apps.
3. Guests are generally expected to apply to After Hours if they wish to raid with us more than three times. The sooner they apply, the sooner they get to buy the good loots.
1. This is the final stage an item reaches during the loot process.
2. BoNuS loots are available to Members, Apps and Guests without prejudice.
3. These loots cost members 1 DKP, but do NOT reset the member's Tier. Apps and Guests are not charged for these items.
4. Significantly, you can win an unlimited number of BoNuS loots per night in addition to a single regular loot of 3 or 1 DKP.
5. BoNuS loots are rolled off via /rand with numbers of the SL's choosing.
6. Those with boxes may only roll with 1 character, regardless of how many they play.
Special 0 DKP Loot:
1. Occasionally loot will drop that the SLs consider to be exempt from the normal loot process, on a case-by-case basis.
2. These loots do not cost DKP, they do not cost Tiers, and do not count towards your 1 loot per night limit.
3. Such loots will either be distributed via /rand for items everyone may need, by nominating looters for raid trigger drops, or announced as Free For All (FFA).
4. If a loot is called as Free For All, anyone who wants the item is free to go loot it. Unless otherwise stated, please loot 1 of these items at a time.
Is any of the information here incorrect or out of date? Please post your suggested changes here: Correcting Bad Information
Copyright © by After Hours Raiding All Right Reserved.