Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 92
Members: 0
Total: 92
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Full Raids - Waiting in the Wings
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Full Raids - Waiting in the Wings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Full Raids - Waiting in the Wings Reply with quote

The Problem
We are often faced with a full expedition, but with many still LFG. Sometimes we need the class of the latecomer a lot more than the class of someone currently in the raid - druids are very tardy individuals, but mages are always prompt! I do not want to penalize people who showed up to earn their dkp/tier but couldn't get in. There has also been several occasions we got a few LDs moments before engaging. This left us winning the event with 53 or 52 people, but having had to turn people away minutes before.

The Solution
- Everyone wanting to join the raid will be invited so long as they're in time for the event.
- The raid leader will decide who will get the 54 expedition/task places, and therefore who gets to actively participate. This selection will factor in tardiness, player level, class, rank (SL/CL/member/alt/box) and bribes. It certainly isn't a popularity contest.
- If you LD or take an unannounced or prolonged AFK immediately before we engage you may well be dropped from the task and replaced by someone waiting in the wings.
- If there wasn't room for you in the expedition/task, please stay waiting. If we have an LD, or someone leaves then there's a good chance you'll then be able to join us. If you're AFK you will miss this chance.
- Regardless of whether you were able to join the expedition/task you will be awarded dkp and tier so long as you stayed in the raid, and didn't AFK throughout.
- If you are brought into the task at the last minute you will be expected to have read the raid instructions and understand your personal/group duties as previously announced in rsay.

Again, this isn't a popularity contest and being dropped from the task for lateness/unannounced AFKs isn't a punishment (although the latter is against the rules!). These rules aim to reduce the waiting time before engaging, and increase our chances of victory.

Last edited by Wwein on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
kebekak
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll make it easy on you, dump me first if you need to make a slot for whatever reason. I don't mind.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kebekak wrote:
i'll make it easy on you, dump me first if you need to make a slot for whatever reason. I don't mind.

Not volunteers allowed either .....

Wwein wrote:
This selection will factor in tardiness, player level, class, rank (SL/CL/member/alt/box) and bribes. It certainly isn't a popularity contest.

Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah volunteers aren't factored in, and for good reason. We've had events where we're 5 people too many, asked for volunteers, and found ourselves 5 people too few. It is kind to volunteer, but it is actually detrimental when shuffling out the excess for the target as it gives the RL fewer options. The best thing you can do to help is just not get upset if you are shuffled out. Bare in mind I've shuffled out either wwein or scaredof on many occasions in the same way.
Deslin
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Druids being tardy? Confused It's a conspiracy by the Rangers to undermine the ones that they came from. Mad QUIET!!!! I KEEL YOU!!!!! Twisted Evil
Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile , seems to be wonderful idea guys, good call
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: