Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 121
Members: 0
Total: 121
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Hard drive crash
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hard drive crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuanjai
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Hard drive crash Reply with quote

I experienced a hard drive crash during Friday's raid, and lost all of EQ. I am now using Windows-7 and it may be awhile before I get back operating in EQ due to a very long download time. I have contacted SOE for assistance in getting EQ back, and will be back with you asap. Tuanjai
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that man!

If you're able to connect both HDDs to your comp (eg you have desktop, their both SATA HDDs are you have two SATA connections) and you want to work on it, I can send you an an iso to let you clone the old hard drive onto the new. If the old HDD is completely dead, or it's too much work, or most of what I'm saying sounds like I'm from Mars, then stick with the download!

Let me know man.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news is EQ runs brilliantly on windows 7. Thats what I am using now for my main computer and I like it.

After reading your post, it sounds like you wiped / reinstalled Windows already so there isn't much you can do to recover your EQ directory at this point. If that is not the case, you can copy around to anywhere you want as it is a self contained program.

A bit of advice to avoid this problem in the future... Since you probably already reformatted / installed windows and wouldnt loose much, I would say do it again now while it is feasible. Only this time, partition your hard drive into two logical volumes. A secondary 20gig partition would be fine for EQ but you can make it bigger if you want to store stuff besides EQ.

I just had to rebuild my EQ machine that kopen runs on yesterday. Because I had the drive split into 2 volumes with EQ on the D: drive portion, I was able to just format and reinstall windows on the C: drive and drag a shortcut to EQ onto the desktop again to be off and running. EQ is roughly 9gigs or so these days and is a real bitch to download / reinstall. I highly recommend coming up with a plan to avoid having to do so in the future.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aleax and Wwinv... I have the hard drive partioned, and will get the EQ loaded and rejoin you as soon as possible! Appreciate the advice. Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: