Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 65
Members: 0
Total: 65
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Maitin and the loot issue
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maitin and the loot issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaraine
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Maitin and the loot issue Reply with quote

Hello all.

I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone to review the AH website.
Being part of an organization like AfterHours means that we, the leadership, have come to know you through raiding, and we trust that you are honorable, respectful people.
If you do not believe you can abide by the few rules that AH has in place, then there is no place for you in AH.

With that said, as I am sure you all are aware, Maitin had won an item a few weeks ago after a raid, and he was ninja-looted by Eloen.
We have petitioned for this item to be returned to Maitin but have been told multiple times by several GMs that unless someone had done a /report at the time of the incident, they will not award the item to Maitin, nor will they discipline Eloen based on "hearsay."
According to them, despite multiple officers petitioning and offering log posts and similar explanations of the situation, the GMs could do nothing unless Eloen petitioned to have the item returned to Maitin.

We approached Eloen immediately after what we initially thought was a mistake in looting, and Eloen said that he did not want the item he actually bid on, but he wanted the item he ninja looted.
He offered no apologies or other explanation and logged off quickly after the raid was over and he had what he wanted.

Several times, we tried to reason with Eloen, until finally he said that he had no plans to ever petition to have the item returned to Maitin, that AH was a bunch of "cry babies," and that he was going to leave AH.

Since then, we have discussed at length how to reassure the membership that we do not tolerate this type of behavior, and how to adequately and fairly compensate Maitin for Eloen's selfishness and disrespectful actions.

Maitin and I had a conversation a few minutes before this post, during which I told him how we decided fix this issue for him. I have not seen Maitin until tonight, and I did not want to post this until I had spoken with him about the leadership's decision, to be sure that he would be satisfied with the final response.

To summarize our decision:

Eloen has been permanently banned from AH and from the website.
(Again, this behavior is NOT tolerated by AH. It shows a lack of respect for everyone in AH.)

Maitin has still not received the item he wanted from that night but he did win something that night, so his 4 tiers that were spent will not be refunded.

We did, however, award Maitin all of Eloen's tiers...
As of tonight, Maitin will be able to use a 1 time, +60 tier bonus on any raid loot item of his choosing. This +60 tier bonus will not show up on his tiers on the DKP page, so he will announce it when he bids on an item.

After he uses this tier bonus, his tiers will be reset to 1, just like always.

Unfortunately we have been unable to get the GMs to return the item to Maitin, but we have certainly learned a valuable lesson in how to address any future issues like this one so it doesn't ever have to become so complicated.

On behalf of all of the AfterHours leadership, I want to thank you all for your understanding and patience with us in dealing with this issue.

I know many of you have been thinking about this, watching and waiting to see how we would respond.

AfterHours has rules, and we will ALWAYS side with those who follow the rules and shown respect for their fellow players.

In times where someone makes a mistake, we will do everything we can to make it right.

Sadly, all that it would have taken to avoid this issue in the first place was an apology, or some reasonable explanation from Eloen that he had accidentally bid on the wrong item.
He made the decision to turn his back on everything that AH stands for when he acted as he did, and now with this, I believe we will have a satisfactory resolution to this issue.

With that said, let us all put this trouble behind us as we move forward,
and be assured that AH remains as strong and diverse as ever.
You are part of a member driven organization made up of some of the best players in all of Norrath.
We MUST all do our part to keep it that way!

Respectfully,

Savaraine - AH Officer
Maitin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

This is more than the compensation I wanted. As Savaraine said, if involved-parties had simply accepted their own mistake, and accepted their own wrong-doings, I would have been happy to take back my lost Tiers.
I'm sorry things seem to have gotten so blown-up over this, and it is sad to see that some folks have reacted the way they did. I greatly and humbly thank the leadership at AH for their actions, and while I would never gloat over this, I am glad that restitutions, compensations, and fitting punishments have been handled.
Lee
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had done this on Quellious, he would have had to leave the server because all the guilds would shun him. Word would have been ooc'ed and spread in General. His pathetic reputation would dog him for years. Name change would not help Eloen!

Just a suggestion.

Lee
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maitin, I most humbly apologize. GM said they could do nothing, till he asked.

Please forgive me, I tried.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: