Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 73
Members: 0
Total: 73
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SoF/SoD Gear upgrades!
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SoF/SoD Gear upgrades!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: SoF/SoD Gear upgrades! Reply with quote

Several of the SoF and SoD weapons have had their damage increased in the recent patch. Running a weapon ratio search of ranger 1 handers in Alla (here) I found there's two SoD group content weapons on par with Solteris ratios! These two drop in old bloodfields and old dranik, and I'm sure knight and 2-hander weapons will be unearthed elsewhere too. Please post further discoveries of great group content drops as it will influence our wed night group content massacre raid targets!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those rangers that dont have the search function Wwein, want to post those so I can find them pretty please.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

additionally if you missed out on crystallos weapons

they are pretty much clones of crystallos weapons and now that cryst weapons got the boost so did these crafted versions. If you have been seeing spongy loam(smithed weapons) or immaculate marrow(tailored weapons whips and such) and immaculate spinner fluid (JC for the type 11 augs that make them good)

so save that stuff and get someone like me or your friendly neighborhood tradesman to make it up for you.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
For those rangers that dont have the search function Wwein, want to post those so I can find them pretty please.

Sure man:
Dagger of Darkflaying - City of Dranik
Xangef's Nightmace - City of Dranik
Klygg's Haladine - Old Bloodfields

Versus

Throatslitter - Solteris Event #1: Mayong's Mistresses
Blade of the Cursed - Solteris Event #2: Deadly Swarm
Staff of the Invaders - Solteris Event #2: Deadly Swarm

This is a comparison of the best of SoD group content versus the worst of Solteris, but that does mean we are now able to equip solteris-grade weaponry, which will help up through TSS and into the real solteris in a big way![/url]
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now think I know how Homer Simpson feels when he gets to go to the Duff factory.....drooooool
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well do note they're level 85 required weapons. However it's a lot easier to lvl a raider to 85 and get him one of these, than it is to get a raid force flagged and trained to win a solteris event. We will still be ultimately doing Solt imo, but we could very quickly equip AH with a full complement of these weapons from SoD in just a month or two.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get head shots and BoA (AE archery) which makes for some nice ranged dps, and some of us are lucky enough to have the crazy ratio fabled bows *glowers at kindaaniel, ready to steal his bow*.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes fabled will be even better!

Here's a better search for All primary weapons

For those without the search capability, here's the full list minus the raid and crafted weapons. I split the weapons into the classes that can use them. Since they don't all quite fit into the same standard categories, I've listed a weapon in more than one table for the different classes that can equip them. Basically, if you're a war you only need to look in the two handers or War/Rng/Rog/Brd table; monks only need to look in the two handers or Mnk/Bst table and so on. The War/Rng/Rog/Brd table will have some War-only weapons, or weaponds bards can't use etc. Yeah I could have sorted them by class, but it was boring and time consuming enough!

Some of those are instanced zones, some are the end zones you'll need deep into void to get to, and some are probably raid zones that accidentally snuck into my list, in which case let me know!

2-Handers
Code:

Name                            Ratio     Zone                                            Level 
Chaxyl's Voulge                 0.32      Old Bloodfields: Holding the Fort                85
Spontoon of the Grey Watch      0.3407    Toskirakk                                        85
Shadowpike of Toskirakk         0.3441    Korascian Warrens                                85
Overmace of Righteous Rathe     0.3871    Rathe Council Chambers                           85
Consersa's Reaver               0.3929    Kurn's Stronghold                                85
Monstrous Mace                  0.4       Field of Scale                                   80
Poison-Barbed Spear             0.4286    Bloody Kithicor                                  85
Soulcleave                      0.4324    Kaesora Library                                  85
Healing Hammer                  0.507     Temple of Bertoxxulous                           85

Pal/SK
Code:

Name                            Ratio     Zone                                            Level
Rend                            0.4       Korafax, Home of the Riders                      85
Punctual Earthsaber             0.4231    Rathe Council Chambers                           85
Ebonlight                       0.4571    Kaesora Library                                  85
Longfang                        0.4844    Old Blackburrow                                  80
Snakespine Whip                 0.5075    Bloody Kithicor                                  85
Pestilence                      0.5818    Oceangreen Village                               85

Clr/Dru/Shm
Code:

Rod of Dark Rituals             0.46      Field of Scale                                   85
Ornate Bonecrusher              0.5306    Old Commonlands                                  85
Marrowfall                      0.5952    Oceangreen Hills                                 85

Mnk/Bst
Code:

Dire Cestii                     0.4615    City of Dranik                                   85
Tempered Crystal Knuckles       0.5       Korascian Warrens                                85
Highmaul of Anguish             0.52      Toskirakk                                        85
Kaigrun's Maul of Malice        0.5217    Korascian Warrens                                85
Slaver's Falchion               0.5278    Korascian Warrens                                85
Master Cosensal's Smasher       0.5294    Kurn's Stronghold                                85
Clayforger                      0.5526    Kaesora Hatchery                                 85
Darkfall                        0.5556    Kaesora Library                                  85
Bearfang Fists                  0.6061    Bloody Kithicor                                  80
Wolfclaws                       0.6129    Bloody Kithicor                                  85
Obliteration Mace               0.625     Bloody Kithicor                                  85
Bixie Soldier's Greatsword      0.625     Bloody Kithicor                                  80
Soulscourge                     0.6486    Kaesora Hatchery                                 85
Scepter of the Illusionist      0.6486    Old Commonlands                                  85
Bertoxxulous' Crook             0.6667    Temple of Bertoxxulous                           85
Deadclaw                        0.697     Old Blackburrow                                  80
Rendsoul                        0.7143    Oceangreen Hills                                 80
Barrelbreaker                   0.7353    Old Blackburrow                                  80
Blightfang                      0.75      Oceangreen Village                               80

War/Rng/Rog/Brd
Code:

Klygg's Haladine                0.4773    Old Bloodfields                                  85
Xangef's Nightmace              0.4815    City of Dranik                                   85
Dagger of Darkflaying           0.4872    City of Dranik                                   85
Muramite Black Maul             0.4898    Old Bloodfields                                  85
Bloodreaper                     0.493     Old Blackburrow                                  80
Tardunk's Poniard               0.5122    Toskirakk                                        85
Highmaul of Anguish             0.52      Toskirakk                                        85
Kaigrun's Maul of Malice        0.5217    Korascian Warrens                                85
Slaver's Falchion               0.5278    Korascian Warrens                                85
Howling Hatchet                 0.5333    Field of Scale                                   85
Mindrend                        0.5333    Korafax, Home of the Riders                      85
Clayforger                      0.5526    Kaesora Hatchery                                 85
Darkfall                        0.5556    Kaesora Library                                  85
Shockpiercer                    0.5714    Korascian Warrens                                85
Light of the Forest             0.5946    Bloody Kithicor                                  80
Golemstone Shard                0.6       Kurn's Stronghold                                85
Scimitar of the Earthmarch      0.6       Korascian Warrens                                85
Sergeant's Longsword            0.6061    Old Commonlands                                  80
Obliteration Mace               0.625     Bloody Kithicor                                  85
Bixie Soldier's Greatsword      0.625     Bloody Kithicor                                  80
Soulscourge                     0.6486    Kaesora Hatchery                                 85
Scepter of the Illusionist      0.6486    Old Commonlands                                  85
Fearspine                       0.6571    Kaesora Library                                  85
Rendsoul                        0.7143    Oceangreen Hills                                 80
Zealot's Cleaver                0.7241    Temple of Bertoxxulous                           80
Barrelbreaker                   0.7353    Old Blackburrow                                  80
Blightfang                      0.75      Oceangreen Village                               80
Arc of Pain                     0.7931    Temple of Bertoxxulous                           85

Nec/Wiz/Mag/Enc
Code:

Marrowscribe                    0.7037    Kaesora Hatchery                                 85
Staff of the Long Walk          1.0455    Oceangreen Hills                                 85

Last edited by Wwein on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its clear of the raid instances now, but let me know!
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah screw it, the levels will all be buggy then. I copied and manipulated the list form the search results of the link I gave. Alla lists it as lvl 80 req there, but 75 on the item page. The item history shows it was never level 80 and has always been 75. I can only assume that the levels will be randomly incorrect throughout that list. Too much work to check & change them all.

So everyone please take the level requirements as a rough guide and nothing more!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great list wwein, close enough for me. Now, just need to figure out how to gain 6 more lvls real fast like, lol.

I like this one:

Slaver's Falchion
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrens is a great zone for rot too. Its one of those zones you see groups of the high end guilds fighting in, who typically pass on a lot of the named drops. I know Kaigrun's Maul of Malice rots frequently.

Don't get to play much? No problem! Find a quiet and safe spot in the zone, put up an audio trigger of 'rot', turn your speakers up super loud, then AFK and go about your day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: