Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 203
Members: 0
Total: 203
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Couple questions and comments... :)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Couple questions and comments... :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelset
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Couple questions and comments... :) Reply with quote

First I would like to say its good to be back raiding and thanks to Korinne for finding my bugged info in the system. Also thanks to Inish and Lacomb for helping me get back up to speed on raiding. Its been a few years since I've raided regularly and their help has lessoned the re-learning curve. Smile

The first question I have is in regards to the healers channel. Do we have any specific system set up on determining who to pump mana to? So far I've determined it by who's lowest on mana, anyone who appears to be main healer, those who other necros arent pumping and Clerics over Druids for efficiency. Is this good or is there a specific system I need to know about?

I'm in the process of getting my raid hotkeys set up and my 2nd question is are we using the Raid designated assist - leader aa consistently enough that I can set up my main assist hot key as the command "/assist Raid"? No big deal if we don't it just saves a little time in retyping a specific name every raid or if the ma goes down midfight it makes it easy to reassist.

Lastly I had an issue with the /pet hold in my hotkeys and my pet would get back on the main after the first add was dead in a secondary assist. Thanks to a tip from Lacomb I've corrected a line in the hotkey and it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Smile

Thanks

Kelset aka Deadsun Rising
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple questions and comments... :) Reply with quote

Kelset wrote:
The first question I have is in regards to the healers channel. Do we have any specific system set up on determining who to pump mana to? So far I've determined it by who's lowest on mana, anyone who appears to be main healer, those who other necros arent pumping and Clerics over Druids for efficiency. Is this good or is there a specific system I need to know about?

You pretty much hit it on the head, although it's just whenever a healer calls for a mana pump. It's usually one of us druids who does, as we have a FAR more important role than clerics Twisted Evil Seriously though, that's just my observations. A necro could probably shed more light on the subject however
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was still raiding with AH, I found the healer channel FAR too busy to get useful pumping info from in mid-fight, any channel that runs a loop in it becomes useless to non-loopers. Your best bet is to hope the healers max out regen soon and don't need it...but in reality I found tells worked best, depending on how many necros you have and if you have a class lead. Currently I give preference to those in Loop. But you also really have to balance the DPS loss VS mana gain argument. Doing PoTime for instance, P4 Terris Thule and Saryrn will both drain mana badly and you can't just DPS them down.
I have a whole bank of MA hotkeys by name, just make a hotkey for each tank that normally performs that role, then switch the key out for a new person.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really that busy anymore. We haven't used a loop since, uhh, Xegony. If we ever do use a cheal loop again it probably will be filtered to a different channel (ahloop).
Kelset
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. In regards to the mana/dps argument that one is pretty easy to handle. Killing the mob before the healers run out of mana is always highest priority for me Smile However if I can't get a full run of dots on due to resists or the clerics are being drained or we are short on healers I'll move pumping up on the priortity list.

The /assist RAID does seem to be working on the last raids I've attended so I'll stick to that unless told otherwise. Myst, Lacomb also suggested a bank of assist keys for the various tanks so I'll probably add that for back up and for secondary assists. Thanks for the input. Hehe now just to figure out who they are and how to spell their names.

Kriss don't worry Korrine reminds us daily on the importance of druids with the guild MOTD. "Have you /hugged your druid today....have you /kissed your druid today....../have you (use your imagination) your druid today" Smile
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as DPS vs Mana.....typically the lead in the healing channel (usually me or Shieara) will tell you what is more important...mana or DPS.

If the fight is a full burn ...we will say so in the strats and you should focus on that, however if one of the main tank clerics is low on mana....you can see where you would be called off DPS to pump. Usually this doesn't happen on a full burn fight. I will tell you if I don't want you on DPS, and it's usually something like "your reason for existence today is to keep the healers in mana". =P

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll need to set up an assist hotkey for our newest tank, Hearrun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: