Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 156
Members: 0
Total: 156
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Killing TIME :)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Killing TIME :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zanman
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Killing TIME :) Reply with quote

Man I love hitting PoTime!!! We had 32 (if we count P1 loots) pieces of loot drop in two days of raiding. Were else could we get that kind of return for time put in? I hope we do it over and over till we can't stand to anymore and everyone has the upgrades they need and/or stuff cost 1 point or goes to apps/guest or rots. I know everyone can benefit from Time loots and I hope we don't move on to hastily. I personally would like to see us hit time every weekend for the next two months but I know some will get a little miffed because thier gear is pretty much above Time level loots but for the majority of us small family style guild members this gear is da bomb Smile (I know that statement dates me, I'm old) I know the AH leadership will consider how long we stay in TIME and I hope it is a while because I personally have my eye on about 5-6 major upgrades, the timing hasn't been right for me to bid as I have been saving points for a specific Quarm drop. (aka check out Vudu's shield). It will be mine Smile If we can stand to raid TIME and have everyone geared up, Gates of Discord content should come easier for us. Having put my 2 cents in on this matter, please speak up if you feel the same.
Later guys and girls,
Zan da man

Last edited by Zanman on Fri May 12, 2006 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football = Great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1MTunRLwGE&search=NFL%20HARD%20HITS ; whereas, football is even greater! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knl5EHiY9tM&search=NFL%20HARD%20HITS

P.S. - My teams new QB/RB - http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Quh63kQBUk&search=Michael%20RObinson BTW, the guy he hit still can't play football:-) (I'm batman!)
Donielae
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: on Time... Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to post this because there's probably a perfectly logical explanation that I have missed or it's just not been brought up.

Here is my question:

Is there a reason why we absolutely have to complete Time in 2 days?

I know that the test has been done to push P1/2 up an hour earlier and haven't heard the outcome of that, but even with that, Wednesday night's raid still ran too late for me (in Central time) to stay for the later high end fights.

I'm just curious and hope this doesn't end up being a smack down - like I said in the beginning, there's probably a good reason for it...I'd just like to know.

Thanks,
Donie
Culdahl

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: on Time... Reply with quote

Donielae wrote:
I'm hesitant to post this because there's probably a perfectly logical explanation that I have missed or it's just not been brought up.

Here is my question:

I know that the test has been done to push P1/2 up an hour earlier and haven't heard the outcome of that, but even with that, Wednesday night's raid still ran too late for me (in Central time) to stay for the later high end fights.

I'm just curious and hope this doesn't end up being a smack down - like I said in the beginning, there's probably a good reason for it...I'd just like to know.

Thanks,
Donie

The problem is that you have to finish P1-P3 in the same night, so that night is going to be long no matter what. The second night is much shorter, so there's no reason not to finish it (we were done night #2 by 9:30pst this week). The only change I can see would be do to less on day 1 to leave more for day 2, so the days are more even time wise. In other words, we prolly don't need to finish P4 on the first night.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: on Time... Reply with quote

Donielae wrote:

Absolutely? No.

We could do it over 3 nights, such as:

Wed: P1, P2, P3

Thurs: P1, P4

Fri: Epics

Sat: P1, P5, Quarm

But that would leave us no open raid nights to do anything else. And note we would be spending an extra hour per week doing P1.

I think balancing the 2 nights a bit, while at the same time working to improve our efficiency, might be the best way to go.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause folks get tired of doing busy work like P1 and if we switched to 3 day time raids we would end up doing P1 3 times. It just seems simpler to do it in two days. Besides, there isn't enough content to warrant 3 days. It would end up like this:

day 1: P1, P2, P3
day 2: P1, P4, 2 mobs in P5
Day 3: P1, P5, Quarm

I don't think anyone really cares for P3 loot for the most part and I could easily see folks skipping the first raid night and wait until day two when things get somewhat interesting. Bottom line is Time has the content to be a two day event. Stretching it to three days would be wasteful.

I like the way things turned out Wednesday night with the early start time but I don't see the need for the early start the second day. Day one went long by about half an hour but I would like to point out that was voluntary. We asked several times if folks were ready to stop and it was unanimous that everyone wanted to "push on" and kill Vallon and Tallon before quiting for the night.

The end results was we killed so much the first night that we ran out of content the second night. Quarm went down with time to spare for a second raid.

I was one of those wishing to push on a bit as well but in hindsight I think it would be better if we ended our first night of time raiding on time and saved the rest of the content for the second night. Two full nights is better then 1 night of too long and one night of too short. It would also be easier on our folks like Donielae, Hearrun and Darby that already push themselves to stay up to raid with us.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is done in two nights so that we have the third to do loot mobs (some of which drop > Time loot). These mobs also give us some variety in our raid schedule. If there is one thing I have learned while I have led AH, it's that doing the same targets over and over leads to stagnation and people leaving. In addition, we need the practice at hitting different mobs with new tactics to keep our skills sharp. Stuff like General Veronhar, Ritesmasher Verok, and some new stuffs I am looking at can help us maintain our skill levels (cause Time is super easy).

We're going to be working on balancing the two nights more then we have been. I'm not sure yet whether the early start will continue to be used or not. I need to talk to our SL and Kor and see how everyone feels. I liked it, but that is just my personal opinion, not official.

I suspect we will end up with something like this...

Night 1: P1-3, TT (perhaps Saryn)
Night 2: End of P4-Quarm

You'll also see otm being faster as we get fewer piggies I have to deal with. Can't really make groups until they are in raid and it slows us up. Situation should be solved soon though I think. Things also will go faster as we gear up more from Time and our dps improves. Already I have seen a huge difference there.

I do plan on AH doing Time for quite awhile. I know that lots of our members have their eyes on upgrades and I hope that everyone gets most, if not all of what they want. I just don't want people to get too discouraged when they see "Super High Tier Member" win something over them. Just be patient and trust me, we won't be leaving until all are well-satisfied.
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents, I really liked the early start, (CST here), but agree day 1 and 2 could use a bit more balancing on time. Ended up staying up way too late on day 1, and just about right on day 2. Way better for me, and I'm sure others if the days are balanced, and can get to sleep at roughly the same time both nights. Much easier to get up for work with 5-5.5 hrs of sleep, than 4 Smile

I know there's a debate on the early start based on dkp, loot and ability to even start that early for some, vs. getting through some of the lower content so everyone can get more of the higher content, but I like it and am more than willing to help crunch through the lower lvl content early to both keep it less tedious for others and allow them to spend time in the higher content. (/end ramble)
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday also ran late because my P1 P2 team were not quite up to snuff to complete them quickly (our near wipe on P1 and our wipe on P2 slowed the raid considerably)

I found two main factors in the problems,

A) My inexperince with the trials lead to some bad decisions (biggest factor btw)

B) No effective crowd control lead to tons of off tank and mana issues after deaths. The whole situation lead to an ever worsening spiral.

All in all I believe we lost at least 40 minutes and perhaps as much as the entire hour of the early start. However tuition has now been paid and we can expect to get more effective in the future.

Sulsil
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just have a couple suggestions and a few comments.

I think doing time in 2 days is perfect, for the exact reasons others have given. Doing it in 3 days means we need to do P1 three times, which is just kind of wasteful since most of the loot is not upgrades for folks these days.

As for spreading the content out for people so that the days are a bit more equal in length, I think that is a good idea too. My suggestion might be a bit different than most though. Why not do it like this:

Day 1: P1, P2, P3, Saryrn, TZ
Day 2: P1, TT, VZ, P5, Quarm.

My reasoning is this: TZ seems to be by far the most difficult P4 encounter, and using infusion works wonders on this fight. Knocking him out the first night allows us to still use infusion on the second night too for Quarm. I will be the first to admit that I don't know the full details of time, and perhaps there is a reason we always do TT first. But if not, I see no reason not to save her until day 2 if spreading out the content is indeed what folks want.

Last thing. I see that next week Time is scheduled for Friday / Saturday. I sincerely hope that this is a permanent change. I know early on the worry was that we might not finish time in 2 days and wed / thur would allow us to continue on fri or sat if we needed to. But by now, we can pretty much see that Time is a 2 day event. By moving it to Fri / Sat, this might remove quite a bit of the problem associated with raiding too late too since most folks don't work on Sat / Sun and are able to stay up a little later. It might also allow us to raid at normal AH raiding time too, which is something I am certainly in favor of. I wasn't even able to make day 2 this week for example, because by the time I was home from work and able to raid I am sure you guys were over half done already.
Culdahl

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No football fans? You people suck:-)
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culdahl wrote:

Denver Broncos 4tw
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culdahl wrote:

Yeah, Im a pretty big football fan and my hopes get let down every year.

I am a Minnesota Vikings fan Confused
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that tz and vz should be done in the same night since they are in the same room.. i know there is no reason that it has to be done this way but for me at least it feels so incomplete to kill one and leave the other one standing there sooo close to agro range hehe.. but i dont see any reason why we cant do saryn and tt the second night Smile just a thought... Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Wed/Thurs vs. Fri/Sat, you can expect it to fluctuate a bit. Reason being this gives everyone a chance to attend, no matter what days of the week they can raid. So you may see us doing it on Fri/Sat for the next two weeks then Wed/Thurs the following to give those people a chance to raid.

If you get home partway through and want to join, just log on and ask. Time is very easy for people to join in the middle of stuff on. The only time you might not be able to join is if you are a piggy and we are full (problem I suspect will be over within the next two weeks).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: