Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 252
Members: 0
Total: 252
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - OMG I was in that raid and I got No DKP?
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OMG I was in that raid and I got No DKP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: OMG I was in that raid and I got No DKP? Reply with quote

When you discover you were at a raid and your name is not listed on the roster please Private Message the Raid Leader and they can usually either fix your issue or forward you message to the person who can.

Sulsil

PS Of course the same applies if you got a loot item and somehow someway you were not charged the proper (or perhaps even no) DKP.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder....We do not award DKP for losses as a general rule.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Kelset
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if I'm rehashing old news that was decided before I got here but I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind that rule Korinne. I can understand not getting points for failed raids on mobs that are routine kills, but on difficult new mobs it seems a little counter productive.

The ikk4 raid went close to 5 hours, involved multiple deaths but more importantly was a learning experience to allow us to succeed in the future. The fact that you get no points for an effort that failed but will ultimately benefit AH, seems a little off. Especially considering that you get them for a raid like Phase 1 time that requires little comparative effort.

It doesn't matter either way to me because I enjoy trying new challanging content, no matter what the points are. I'm just wondering as to the reasoning behind it. Smile
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally do agree that much effort was put in by all that were there and there should be some reward and that reward is getting closer to winning. It was decided that in most cases (there have been a few exceptions) no DKP will be awarded for losses. The reasoning behind it is sound. Giving DKP for losses would not only inflate the DKP but set the standard as low. We rarely fail (although lately we are seeing more fails as the content gets harder). Every tiny bit of effort results in further progress. We get better each time we do something even though we may not always win.

The officers and SLs will review the decision and let you know if there will be an exception for this raid but as a rule, it stands.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Kelset
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't looking for a review of that specific raid so no need to do it based on my post. It just happened to be a good and recent example of a rule that is counterintuitive in an incentive based system. I can see the reasoning about inflationary concerns and low standards when failing against a target AH has proven it can handle. I just disagree when applying it to new targets that are a challange. As you said though AH doesn't fail often so overall it doesn't affect things much either way.

Thanks for the answer.

Kelset
aka the often Deadsun
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we were to break it down into it various components and award minor DKP for the various loot dropping mobs, such as is done for each individual mob in the PoTime phases, then those who can make just part of the raid will get credit for the mobs they are there for, and those who make it all the way PLUS a win get more DKP.

Just a thought.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
Perhaps if we were to break it down into it various components and award minor DKP for the various loot dropping mobs, such as is done for each individual mob in the PoTime phases, then those who can make just part of the raid will get credit for the mobs they are there for, and those who make it all the way PLUS a win get more DKP.

Just a thought.

Elrico's post reminded me of something I wanted to post regarding these longer raids.

When I am RL and a raid goes late (and by late I mean past 11:00pm), I will take the raid attendance at 11:00 and whoever was there at that time will get the same DKP credit as those who stay til the very end. If you leave before that time (as some folks must), then no DKP is awarded to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: