Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 287
Members: 0
Total: 287
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - The Buried Sea
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Buried Sea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: The Buried Sea Reply with quote

Some people may have noticed that I did not schedule any time off during the beginning of this expansion, which I normally do.

We will be raiding on the nights I posted as long as we get 18 people and have a class mix that can do it. I'm not sure what numbers will be like with this expansion. I didn't buy it, but I know some people are probably having a blast?
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buried Sea Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
Some people may have noticed that I did not schedule any time off during the beginning of this expansion, which I normally do.

We will be raiding on the nights I posted as long as we get 18 people and have a class mix that can do it. I'm not sure what numbers will be like with this expansion. I didn't buy it, but I know some people are probably having a blast?

Having a blast (present tense) would require the servers to actually be up and running Laughing

I bought it, just because I'm an addict. But that doesn't mean I'll miss any raids because of it though, no matter how much of a blast I will have in it.

Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well it is going to take a lot of patching before I can even ascertain server status. Started at 18 hours for me, but my connection will probably speed up a bit in a couple hours once I escape primetime. Well, I hope it will speed up anyways.
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I've got alot of work to do or find myself in one of my moods, you'll see me for raids this week

Honestly I'm not really excited about this expansion, though I'm amused by the whole pirate angle. Hopefully there will be things to get excited about as we learn more about it.
Macanudos
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well should be interesting, but as of right now I didn't buy it either have lots to do before I need to add more to do to my list.lol somthing about lot of toons on three accounts and little time for it since school has cut back into my play time.lol It's a good thing for sure. Well Hopefully I can find time to raid....might not be this week but should make a night next week for sure... Mad
Mac
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one reason to get this expansion is the excuse to say Yarr a lot ! otherwise they should take it back and actually fix old broken content kk thx
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually there are some good things about this expansion. I was in the beta test, though I did not get to spend a huge amount of time testing.

Let me get this out first, there are no new aa in this expansion. In my opinion, they missed the boat here. There should have been a smallish selection of aa for those who are maxed out already to maintain their interest.

The group missions were okay and gave rewards slightly under Anguish level. In some cases I would say they were better then CoAnguish stuff. The reward for completing mission chains was a ring that gets better as you complete quests in the chain. I forget what the maxed stats were but I think it was somewhere around 300 hps/mana once you completed the entire chain.

There were also some missions in static zones that were decent and worth doing. Definitely I see them getting more use then the normal DoDh zones.

As far as Energian Armor goes, they only made that available to test for like three weeks, so I don't have too much feedback on it. Basically it is armor which takes a battery. The good thing about it is you can really customize your effects. The bad thing is that the power souces eventually run out of juice. I was never able to figure out if you had to recharge them or just outright get a new one, but honestly I am not over the moon about an aug that you have to continually replace.

There is only one raid zone, and the bosses in it were extremely hard according to what I was told. I never did get to test them myself, but I am told that they are definitely for those at the end of TSS raiding. Not too much for AH there I think.

I'm not sure about spells for other classes. Beastlords ended up with mammoth hide guard, a poison nuke and an updated version of our werewolf pet nuke thingy. The nuke has a mediocre hps/mana ratio but hits pretty hard for a hybrid nuke. With a good poison focus and the appropriate aa it can crit for ~7k. Sadly, the only way for a beastlord to get such a focus is to make one with a bazu stone, since many of us skipped GoD raiding. Still though, it is not a terrible selection. Rank one spells are purchased. Not sure how the others are acquired.

This expansion in general is a lot like DoDh mixed with LDoN I guess, if I had to compare it. I think it is fairly strong for groupers, though it does depend heavily on instancing.

Weirdly enough, my parents decided to buy me this for Valentines day. How they even knew there was another EQ expansion out I will never know. So I have it for one account now...may buy it for the other just for completions sake.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
my parents decided to buy me this for Valentines day.

I haven't received my present from them yet. Hope they shipped it on time! Wink
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife got the kids and I a 5lb hershey bar....yum. My candy bar > yours.
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a cactus from my parents!
Culdahl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladile wrote:
I got a cactus from my parents!

Hmm, let's psychoanalyze this......
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got candy and a card from them too, hehe.

I like cacti. Since I'm obviously not allowed to bring my geriatric cat to the dorms, I have to settle on having different kinds of "pets" to keep me company. So far I've got Stefan the Plastic Dinosaur, Earl the Pet Rock, and Steve the Cactus. Now I just need a name for the new cactus...

Aaaaaaaand I've now seriously helped to derail the thread. Awesome
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone found any good guides up for the expansion yet? Any idea why faction with the guys in the barren coast seems so important?
Culdahl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still trying to make up my mind if I should buy TBS or not so input is welcome. Do you all think it's somewhere you would like to group? Are there other features that make it worth buying?

BTW Culd what the heck is with the gun shooting what looks like a giant spool of shiny blue thread? /looks confused

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardnasc wrote:
BTW Culd what the heck is with the gun shooting what looks like a giant spool of shiny blue thread? /looks confused

He is killing the thread (as in the forum thread).

Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have explored some of the first zones and am fairly happy with the purchase. There will definently never be a time when you dont have something you can do. Solo tasks everywhere. Not saying the rewards are worth it mind you but they are there and the zones are very well laid out and easy on the eye. The buried sea reminds me a great deal of an upgraded Temerous Deep. Ships sailing from island to island and all. There are even spirocs.

Anyone who has ever said "i miss the old days" can just get up and zone back into 2001. With better graphics of course.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be either Culdahl attempting to derail the thread... or signifying that someone else has (IMO)

As for your question, I too would like input seeing as I would need to buy at least 3 copies if not 4... any input on this expansion is most welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: