Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 279
Members: 0
Total: 279
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - All about last night! (and OMM)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All about last night! (and OMM)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: All about last night! (and OMM) Reply with quote

So a few things first...

Monks, you really stepped up to the plate last night on pulling. Leagliss and Rilak were pulling like champs. Nice work guys. Only comment I say is pull faster next time Laughing

Healers, you did an incredible job, especially on Jevlan. Keep it up. My comment here is to try to have strategies set before we get to the mob as much as possible, to reduce prep time on the bosses.

Chanters rocked on OMM guard charming. Keep it going!

Knights, you did fairly well. There were a few times when I ended up tanking(badness), but I didn't see anything loose running around and beating casters. So I think we are on the right track.

One thing I would like everyone to work on is DPS on/off calls. I saw some DPS classes and a few knights that were not paying attention and were doing DPS on the wrong mob. Lets try to do better on this next time.

Another thing I saw were some paladins dying on AMV. Guys, if you die because you were tanking an add that is one thing. Dying to the death touch, however, is not acceptable from a class that can cure themself. Make an audio trigger if you must but I don't want to see any deaths from DT for self-curers on this mob next week.

I am going to talk about OMM and some changes next time for the strat in my next post, gotta go make some copies first of stuff.

Last edited by Shieara on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the final encounter in the Asylum of Anguish raid expedition. Overlord Mata Muram becomes active once Arch Magus Vangl is dead.

Overlord Mata Muram is triggered through dialogue (dialogues needed). Once triggered, two Coerced Lieutenants spawn on either side of the room. They hit for ~3500 and are enchanter-charmable.

If you intend on getting on Mata Muram's hatelist, you should have a Mirrored Mask equipped. If you do not have a Mirrored Mask on you, you should consider remaining off Overlord Mata Muram's hatelist -- more on this in a moment.

Mata Muram hits for ~7000; single-target rampages; enrages; casts the following spells; and has a number of tricks up his sleeve.

Gaze of Anguish NPC Hatelist 0', Cold (-475)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 4000
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 300 per tick
3: Decrease Mana by 250 per tick
4: Increase Disease Counter by 30

Relinquish Spirit NPC Hatelist 0', Chromatic (-375)
1: Decrease Spell Haste by 100%
2: Decrease ATK by 300
3: Decrease Stats by 100
4: Increase Curse Counter by 24
5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Torment of Body NPC Hatelist 0', Prismatic (-375)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 3000
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 300 per tick
3: Decrease Accuracy by 25%
4: Decrease Effective Casting Level by 100
5: Increase Curse Counter by 24

Void of Suppression NPC Hatelist 0', Prismatic (-325)
2: Silence
3: Increase Disease Counter by 24

Wail of Anguish NPC Hatelist 0', Disease (-475)
2: Stun(10.00 sec)

In addition to those spells, he emotes on random players (hatelist-based). The targetted player will see:

You feel a gaze of deadly power focusing on you.

...While the rest of the raid will see:

Mata Muram fixes his gaze on one of your companions.

The targetted player must click his/her Mirrored Mask within a few seconds.

Overlord Mata Muram fixes his gaze on _____.

Mata Muram grows weak as he is afflicted with his own magic.

Mata Muram roars in anger,'You dare use my own magic against me!'

Mata Muram will stop attacking for a moment and reset aggro. Shortly after, he will resume attacking.

Mata Muram shakes off the effects of his affliction.

If the targetted player fails to click the mask on time, he/she will be hit with "Mata Muram's Gaze" and Mata Muram will increase in strength.

Mata Muram's Gaze Single Target, Magic (-600)
1: Decrease Spell Haste by 90%
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 90%
3: Decrease Stats by 300
4: Decrease HP when cast by 4000
5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Throughout the event, Frenzied Lashers will spawn and swarm the raid. Where they spawn depends on an emote. Random players will see this:

You hear a strange buzzing around your head, and feel as though something is creeping toward you.

...While the rest of the raid sees this:

You hear a buzzing in the distance.

The ukuns spawn four at a time, hit for ~1000, and have very few hitpoints.

Once Overlord Mata Muram hits ~30%, he will stop attacking. Riftseekers will spawn in the room:

Vyishe shouts, 'Come! They have weakened him. Now is our chance to strike.'

Tendrils of energy shoot from the fingertips of the Riftseekers, turning Mata Muram's magic inward.

Anishy shouts, 'Now fools. Strike while we hold him, we cannot hold this seal for long.'

Mata Muram breaks free of his bonds, killing the Riftseekers with the magic. 'You dare betray me! When I am done with them I shall see that all of your kind meet the same fate.'

The world shifts around you as the riftseeker's are consumed by their magic.

Your raid is ported to Ture's chamber. You can take your time and med back up here. Mata Muram will have stripped all of his debuffs and will essentially be reset, except for the fact he's at whatever health you left him.

After clicking on the portover again, you must re-engage him quickly otherwise the event may reset entirely.

Continue fighting Mata Muram (all the same tricks as earlier) until he dies.

Your faction standing with Overlord Mata Muram could not possibly get any worse.
Your faction standing with Riftseekers could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Children of Dranik could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Dranik Loyalists could not possibly get any better.
You gained raid experience!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets talk about these AE first. With good resists they are resistable. We need to use infusion on this fight if at all possible. So that means no more infusion on Jevlan unless it is obvious that we don't have the manpower for OMM. If your resists are low work on them...they're a solid raid investment.

That last one is the mask thingy. Everyone needs to bring their mask to CoA from now on. Have an audio trigger set for the mask click.

My thoughts are to have a beastlord, paladin, or shaman assigned in the cleric group for silence cures. Shaman is, of course, best but any of these can handle it.

The two guards at the beginning seem to do fine charmed. Our two chanters seemed like they did okay on locking them down. It would be nice to have a 3rd chanter just in case but...

For the ukun adds, what we are going to do is make a "caster pile". Basically all healers and our wizards/mages are going to pile together. The adds will inevitably charge them, at which point they will be AEd down. They don't have many hps. For this to work it is vital that the casters stand on top of each other...guys you don't need your personal space. Get friendly with your neighbor. We will also have a knight team assigned to snag anything loose and bring it to the caster pile for death.

I think if we can get the ukuns down and mask clicks under control we will do fine.

Last edited by Shieara on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Selvan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This strategy seems very straight forward, and easy to follow. I believe a win should come soon if we all follow it.

For Jevlan, I can say that I was never hit with any of his spells. All of my resits are at 615 except disease which is at 584, so it is definatly resistable if people work their resists up.
I am sure it is resistable even lower than these numbers, but in any event working up resists is a good thing, and so important for raiding.

The caster pile sounds like a great plan, just remember to place it somewhere that has line of sight to wherever OMM is being tanked. We wizards will need LOS when we throw our DPS back on OMM.

Selvan

Last edited by Selvan on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add caster resists info to this OMM discussion.

From our try I discovered the following. Fire (0 check) never landed 2 tries and full resists. Magic (-50 check) hit some and was resisted or partially resisted some. I did hit, crit even, once on magic 0 check spell. Ice (0 check) landed full the only time I cast it. Hopefully we will have as many wiz's next time so we can try more ice especially lure. I believe Selvan said lure fire (-300 check) hit sometimes so maybe lure ice will always hit for the wiz's. As for Mag's and Nec's I'm thinking magic would be the way to go as I have hit more with magic even on a zero resist check spell than I have with fire based ones. Of course nec's need to speak up about disease and poison resists though as that might be the way for them.

Let me know what you discovered please as I want to have a better spell set loaded next time.

BTW wiz epics cast a spell that helps with mob resists so spreading them among the caster types if possible might help or at least wouldn't hurt.
Macanudos
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well druid epic helps with spell damage out put also for a short time. not that we have many on the raid. I believe the way this fight sounds Mac should be able to click his epic twice which will lower AC while it lasts Typically I hit it ever raid mob depending on type of fight on when I will click if I have chance of hitting twice I pop it right off the bat like on jevalen event...I've been able to click on each named most times only once did I not get it on all three since we killed so fast...which is better IMO.lol but yes most epic should help on these types of fights.

Mac
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, more stuff about last night's attempt.

First, I think we will need three enchanters to attempt this in the future. I don't say this because I think that Shore and Purple did a bad job (they did well), but because if a charm breaks and one of them dies we have no means to get that add back under control.

I think that the caster pile idea for ukuns will work with a few minor changes. First, we just need more of our wizards/mages to be online. We have a lot if you count Sorcier, Groakin, Elfbits, Sorceressx, Klaanu, Sinnayen, etc. Another thing I will be doing is assigning one melee dps group to help with the ukuns.

Other then that, everyone needs to work on the mask click strategy. That is a really vital part of the raid that we cannot afford to miss. Some further info on the masks is this...if you do NOT have a mask you will not see the emote as long as we have 12 people with masks in raid and alive. If you DO have a mask, get the emote, and don't respond...congrats you just wiped us.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to do most assuredly is to make a hotkey of your mask. Its the end of the event unless tanks are absolutely on the ball, last night I managed to survive the first powerup ( <3 fortitude ) but the second one splattered me. Also make the audio trigger something you cant miss, mine is so loud if I have headphones on I think it almost breaks my eardrums Razz its absolutely by far the most important thing to do, and I will scream at you for missing it! this is your chance to show everybody exactly how on the ball you are when they see your name bouncing omm's spell back on him Smile

Last edited by Suegar on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm not really sure if I should say anything or whatnot, especially seeing as my raiding of OMM was a few years ago when OOW was out, but here it is...

In the raids that i've been in that were successful and killed OMM we had 4 chanters and thay were positioned 2 to a group with a tank and a curer/snarer on the left and right side of OMM. Usually it was a druid, but sometimes it was a ranger OT wh had snare and aggro stuff for when the chanters lost the mob. In this intance, we had running room. With the entire left and right side of the chamber we were able to stay far back from OMM and the snared dragorns would easily be recharmed by the second chanter. We would essentially alternate and keep the mob charmed. When my pet broke, id back up, and while the mob was chasing me (and the ranger was snaring or taunting it) the other chanter would charm it. In this way, we never EVER had a lose leutenant.

SKs (and sometimes pallies) were told to snag dogs.

Of the specific number of people who had masks, we made it the DPS melees who had the masks. This did several things. Cause if you have a mask you are elligible for gaze. This is true if you mask is in bank so only that handful of people even delt with gaze. Item clicks are spells. We didnt let healers or casters have masks because having to click them meant having to interrupt spells. That meant chantes trying to mezz had to stop, clerics trying to heal stopped, curers trying to cure stopped. Or, missed their click. DPS melee, however, have nothing else to do while auto attack is on, so the item click for them is nothing.

Anyway, thats how we dropped him back in the day but remember, I'm going off of 2-3 year old memory.
giri
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bards can reliably charm the lieutenants though the range is abysmal and usually requires them to stand up to a beating in the meantime. They can serve as a backup to the enchanters if needed.

Did this with a 75 bard using highest available charm spell rnk 2.

No guts, no glory!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: