Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 55
Members: 0
Total: 55
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Wednesday Night raids
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wednesday Night raids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Wednesday Night raids Reply with quote

I for one am getting bored of hitting Tosk/CoD on Wednesdays. We've had a few loots rot in Tosk on prior raids, but CoD drops have still been in demand. I almost never visit SoD outside of these raids so I really don't know the camp spots very well. Are others getting bored of these targets too? Does anyone have any alternatives we could raid on these nights? Are there any very important drops anywhere in SoD that would be extremely useful for your class?
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about you uber toons but any of the zones up to the Rathe Council lvl of SoD drop items that would make my ranger better. Most of the stuff above that is requried lvl 85, gonna be at least a year before I hit that mark on Acoma, lol. But any new content is good content in my eyes.
Unfortunatly I am not that familar with SoD except for OGH and BB.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterious Member wrote:
there aren't really too many worthwhile drops outside of armor drops if you have stuff from Tosk+. The kunark theme starts at slightly better than Crystallos loot... very slightly and it will still require lvl 80.

Kurns/Library/Hatchery would probably be reasonable spots to get some armor drops but I really don't know the camps that well. I imagine that FoS itself would be a bit overcrowded to be worth taking more than a few folks.

The only other thing that might be worthwhile is looking at specific tasks. Even then only a few are worthwhile doing with more than a group imo.

A thought might be how we used to do signet hunts though. Break up the raid into groups and split to get some stuff done in that regard.

Splitting the raid up is an idea that's getting repeated to me a few times. I'm reluctant to just divide up into groups and go fight SoD named - that cannot be considered a raid in any form! However having purpose and reward would make this more likely. For example having a void progression night. We've done this in the past for CoA signets, but significantly this was to allow us access to CoA.

I'm sure there are raids requiring high void progression, but I'm assuming they're out of our league for now - if anyone knows different, please let me know! There's also that void progression allows AHers access to korafax. Lots of very cool upgrades have been rotting there which would be great for AH (lvl 85 req however). Is korafax setup well to bring a raid force? Would there be interest to work together to complete the themed augs one after another?
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have void progression for hardests themes (FoS to up) also we need ppl who knows how tasks need to be done.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Void progression allows you to make the higher level armors from SoD as I understand. Also Korafex would likely be a fun target. Raidwise... there isn't much worth exploring until we start getting MMM keyed really. and it would be OGH theme.

Also there are a number of lower end items available on Zeb once you hit voidC... as well as type 3 augs, at every void level for pet focus, bash damage, kick damage perhaps frenzy I don't recall.

Or, if you are anything like me, progression for progression's sake is fun.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you are more like me and progression is akin to gelding oneself with a rusty spoon? Razz
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
What if you are more like me and progression is akin to gelding oneself with a rusty spoon? Razz

Man, and I thought the rubber band trick was bad, rusty spoon, Robin Hood comes to mind. "So it will Hurt More!"

Progression sucks, just like faction farming, really really get excited about faction farming, uuuuuuuu.

Would be nice to get void progression for the Merc lvl/tier increase, that is deffinatly worth it. My merc cleric would never run out of mana then, oh wait, nevermind, forgot I was a ranger, not even real clerics can keep their mana when I tank.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neat trick, you only need the Warrens - earth themed progression to get the tier 5 merc. I don't know for sure if thats intended or not, but its how it is.

That set is doable by a whole group in an evening or 2 probably
Eirrica
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
neat trick, you only need the Warrens - earth themed progression to get the tier 5 merc. I don't know for sure if thats intended or not, but its how it is.

That set is doable by a whole group in an evening or 2 probably

This is correct. My first completed progression sequence was the this one. I found I had my Tier V cleric afterwards. Laughing

These tasks are fairly easy to complete. It's nothing like FoS.

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had 38 raiders attend tonight. While those are great numbers, it does feel like a waste to hit SoD with them, when we could be pushing through TSS instead. On the other hand, it makes me wonder if the high attendance is directly due to the SoD targets, and that maybe people are particularly enjoying them?

Please each of you let me know by whatever means whether you are enjoying SoD raids and wanting more of them, or prefer to do TSS or something else. I am always ready and eager to get feedback both positive and negative and we badly want your opinions!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thnk the SoD mass kills get a good turn out because you get several really usefull drops every time. Yes, it is a little monotonous hitting the same spots over and over but it is also nice to get the members geared up for realativley low dkp and investment. (by investment I mean no real complex things going on like a Vish or a hatchet encounter) These drops also are encouraging members to push to 80 and to 85 in order to use the drops, which is nice. Plus, for me I actually get halfway decent exp in these raids which is so very strange for a raid, usually at least 1 AA a raid in those zones.
It may be nice to swap nights on Wed, maybe do TSS 2 weeks out of the month and SoD mass kills 2 weeks or some variation there of just to keep it interesting. Or if there was a way to do the Void progressions as a raid but not sure how or what the mechanics of that would be. Could you do group tasks in a raid like we did in Ashengate?
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some yes, some it would be highly impractical, some it would be impossible
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
Could you do group tasks in a raid like we did in Ashengate?

Mostly for faction, not anything major.

One of the the positives in "raiding" group content right now is getting everyone faction hits. Until I get ally in every theme, I'm fine with doing anything that helps the +faction cause. Sitting in Tosk (or CoD) chain pulling mobs gets you a lot of hits.

For example, in Old Bloodfields, there are +faction tasks for -
1. Kill 20 Kyv
2. Kill 20 Ukun
3. Kill 20 Noc
4. Kill 20 Ikaav

If you found a good spot to camp (preferably a chance for named spawns) and everyone gets those 4 tasks loaded up, you can make a nice dent in Herald Argoth faction by completing them all in one big night as a raid.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More good ideas guys, thank you!
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Sod Gear raids Reply with quote

Ok instead of gathering in BK next time lets gather at the quest or task giver for the zone we are going to. If everyone has quest or task that means we can get bonus faction/xp and progression hopefully. So much quest stuff rots on these raids we need to use everything we can to our advantage on these. I agree they do get a bit boring at times but we still need the gear.
Another idea hass and ww were talking about was starting in sod for set amount of time and when raid gets to its max potential hit at least one other bigger target. This week we had 45 i believe and man that would have been great for the overwhelming task in fc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sod Gear raids Reply with quote

laenyani wrote:
Another idea hass and ww were talking about was starting in sod for set amount of time and when raid gets to its max potential hit at least one other bigger target. This week we had 45 i believe and man that would have been great for the overwhelming task in fc.

Agree, with numbers like that we could do alot.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
Acoma wrote:
Could you do group tasks in a raid like we did in Ashengate?

Mostly for faction, not anything major.

One of the the positives in "raiding" group content right now is getting everyone faction hits. Until I get ally in every theme, I'm fine with doing anything that helps the +faction cause. Sitting in Tosk (or CoD) chain pulling mobs gets you a lot of hits.

For example, in Old Bloodfields, there are +faction tasks for -
1. Kill 20 Kyv
2. Kill 20 Ukun
3. Kill 20 Noc
4. Kill 20 Ikaav

If you found a good spot to camp (preferably a chance for named spawns) and everyone gets those 4 tasks loaded up, you can make a nice dent in Herald Argoth faction by completing them all in one big night as a raid.

Yes, and this works as follows:
Go with Commander Prezul and say 'useful' four times in order to get these tasks. Tasks are time locked once completed so i suggest getting all fo them at least 6 hours before raids so you can repeat tasks at least once during raids.

Also you can get Lost memories from Yemall the arcane saying 'gather'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: