Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 225
Members: 0
Total: 225
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Tiers Tier and No Tiers
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tiers Tier and No Tiers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

To reset or not to reset...
Continue resetting tiers like we always have...
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Stop resetting tiers for people that miss 40 raids...
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed voting on this also, but I just wanted to say I'm all in favor of resetting tiers... and I've had mine reset.

AH has a very lenient policy as far as attendance required to remain a member, and as someone who can only raid sporadically, I appreciate that. But, numbers are needed for raids to be a success... and the gear people win should go towards helping AH progress as a whole. If you don't show up for 40+ raids, then show up, win and item, and take off for another 40+, then that gear is not helping AH.

I do think that special accommodations should be made in some circumstances, and I do agree that it would be nice to be notified when approaching the cutoff, but I don't know how feasible that is.
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we should keep resetting tiers like we have. It works well and can be tuned whever we feel the need by adjusting the reset number. I wish it was more feasible than it is right now to automatically notify someone when approaching the cutoff. Unfortunately, my php skills couldn't fill a thimble.

However, I also feel that one should know they belong to an organization like AH. Having made the commitment to become a member, everyone is aware of the cutoff and have some semblance of time/space. That should be enough to allow someone to say to themselves, damn I haven't raided in a while. I should go check the website to see if I am in danger of losing my tiers. Idea Or better yet, damn I haven't raided in a while. I should login tonight...

New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, personally have had my tier reset early in the summer....was busy in RL...but i shoulda told a SL i would have been gone for a period of time. I was disappointed, but them the rules. It didnt take me long to work tiers back up and get some decent loots.

On that note...being a player who's been reset...I still agree to status quo...leave as be.
Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well everyone knew of my work schedule and I am not going to complain about my tier being reset due to that fact. But yes there are extending circumstances where the tiers should be let go a tad due to these situations.

Now that I am back at my house and with internet I can post again (not like I post much as is lol). But I agree to continue with the same idea we have had.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: