Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 184
Members: 0
Total: 184
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - EQ News, server merges and more
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EQ News, server merges and more
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: EQ News, server merges and more Reply with quote

http://stationblog.wordpress.com/

Hello EQ World!

The EverQuest team has been pretty busy since the 11th Anniversary. We’ve been working on several projects for this year. We launched our May Game Update on May 12th! There were a lot of changes to quests, spells and raids with this update but instead of boring you with each change, I’ll give you the link to check them out for yourself when you’re ready…. or read through them upon logging into the game. Game Update Notes

Here’s a brief breakdown on some of the other projects we have coming up in the next few months!

Memorial Day Weekend!

On Wednesday, May 12, 2010, EverQuest launched the EQ Memorial Ding! promotion on the EverQuestLive Facebook page.

This promotion allowed you the community to throttle the XP bonus on Memorial Day Weekend by “Liking” our EverQuestLive Facebook page. In just under one day, we were able to accomplish four out of the first five goals of the promotion (I told everyone we underestimated your power!) …and the fifth goal was crushed within a mere days after the promotion launched, way before the deadline on May 27th. Nice going everyone! Because of the success of this promotion, we may be adding more benefits with some loftier goals.

Along the way to reaching each of these goals, we are giving out some reward items via the Marketplace. Since the five goals were met this past week, we have turned on eleven rewards for you to purchase for no cost. These items will remain through the Memorial Day Weekend for you to pick up so don’t wait too long to log in and claim your gifts before they are taken down. They will go away on June 1st, 2010.

Rage of the Mercenaries

We had a player poll a short while ago and more mercenary types were at the top of the list. Sooooo… without further ado….

Coming up in June, we will be releasing our next Game Update: Rage of the Mercenaries! Rage of the Mercenaries fills that special need that has been missing for some of you. A Healer or Tank Mercenary has been the standard but if you don’t need help in those categories, a DPS Mercenary may just do the trick. Thus, the DPS Mercenary will be unveiled in two distinct flavors: A melee damage dealer and a caster damage dealer. Both of these mercenaries bring extra damage output to any party they are in. The melee damage mercenary will do consistent damage, while the caster mercenary will do its damage in shorter bursts, needing more rest. Both mercenaries will have a standard balanced mode where they do damage, but try not to get too much of the target’s attention. Both mercenaries also have a burn mode where they will not conserve mana or endurance, and pay no attention to hate generation, but will deal as much damage as possible, as fast as possible. This may cause them to gain the attention of the target. Finally, the caster damage mercenary will have a mode where it attempts to preserve mana. This mode will do less damage, but will allow it to last longer.

These mercenaries will initially be available at all of the standard mercenary merchants, in all of the standard races. It will also be spread into the already available special mercenaries obtainable through Legends of Norrath and special rewards.

These Mercenaries are on the Test Server now, so check ‘em out now and feel free to give us your feedback before they go live!

Also releasing in Rage of the Mercenaries, we will have new Hot Zones created for levels 20 through 75 with new quests/rewards and the current Hot Zones will go back to normal (what they were before they were made into Hot Zones).
The Welcome Screen is getting a great new look to give you more game relevant information and better functionality that you have requested. A Calendar has been added that will contain pre-populate events and dates to keep you better informed of future events. Uncompleted Achievements will now be visible on the Welcome Screen to see challenges that you should accomplish. Thirteen additional pieces of flair will be released at the same time with a few more coming very soon afterwards to fit in line with some future features we have in store for you.
The Marketplace will be getting some additional features that will help you find what you’re looking for (categorization, searching, etc…). We think you’ll also like the new Item Preview feature that allows you to see what the item looks like in game before you purchase it.

Server Merges

Soon after the Rage of the Mercenaries, we intend to do some work on merging servers to help bring the community closer together. More details will follow as we are investigating your requests and developing a plan to make everyone as happy as possible.

Inventory Improvements

Much like adding mercenary types, another subject that you voted for was improved inventory. I’m happy to inform you that we have plans to improve your inventory with larger bags!

All I have to say is “About Time”! I don’t know how many times I’ve had to leave a group or area recently just to go sell or delete something to make room for a better item. Ugh! This is going to be nice! There are some additional inventory improvements we’re making but due to final designs not being complete, I’m limited as to what I can say today. Soooo…. if you haven’t heard the update on this subject in the next couple of weeks, you may have to head up to Las Vegas for the Fan Faire in August to hear about them first hand, straight from the horse’s mouth!

Well, that’s a couple of things I wanted to bring you up to speed on and there will be more items to update you on in the very near future – So on behalf of the EverQuest Team, I want to thank you for your continued support and passion for EverQuest. It truly is an honor to be able to work with a team that is as passionate as the customers that play our game.

See you in game!

Thom Terrazas
Producer, EverQuest
AKA “Phathom”
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOT, about damn time!!!
Southpaw
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep dps mercs , eq just hit a new low
Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT nice stuff and i also like the server merging thing too will make for interesting times i wonder how many guilds it will make or break and it will be so nice to have a big influx of freash blood and make many new freinds Very Happy
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Lavanet...

Bristlebane - 2 Raiding guilds total

Fu World Order - 5 days, Fippy/Beast/Unburrowing/Masked Invaders/Brath/Guardians

Ring of Valor - 6 days, Fippy/Beast/Unburrowing/Masked Invaders

The Tribunal - 4 Raiding guilds total

Rest in Peace - 5 days, Fippy/Beast/Unburrowing/Masked Invaders

Sol Invictus - 3 days, Fippy/Beast

Fate - 3 days, Fippy

The Elitists - 4 days, Tower on Farm
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

Hopefully AH will get some new blood Very Happy
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will saving your .ini file as the new proper name do the trick? I don't want to have to reconfigure all of my character UI's lol.

Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad i for see so many new people in AH that lots of people will be sitting on the bench i am happy i am an in demand class Twisted Evil GO GOP GO Cleric power Surprised Very Happy Wink
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerberous wrote:
Will saving your .ini file as the new proper name do the trick? I don't want to have to reconfigure all of my character UI's lol.

Yes, it will, but really you shouldn't have to worry about too many getting changed. We already had a merger once before, and none of mine got changed.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in demand class

Dont suppose you noticed how we have at least 2 clerics for every tank that shows up these days. Healing power is not something we are lacking. . .

To put it in other words.. Where the hell are all the tanks at?
Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleax wrote:
Quote:
in demand class

Dont suppose you noticed how we have at least 2 clerics for every tank that shows up these days. Healing power is not something we are lacking. . .

To put it in other words.. Where the hell are all the tanks at?

... and even with that tanks still dieing.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are usually only 2-3 bsts at raids and some nights I am alone. It would be nice to not be the only one casting SE or paragon etc. Hopefully this merge will be a good thing.

Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i think we will see us getting some of the types of classes we need as for saying clerics are in demand i am still right you can never have too much heling power he he Laughing the merge will get us more bst chantys and othe classes we are low on and more tanks too. what i am looking forward to is meeting new people and making new freinds Very Happy more people will be fiinding groups and stuff like that some guilds will get fresh blood and some will loose people and some guilds may even Die and new guilds will form

This will aslo help the economy in the bazaar too
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh Sad Im going to lose my name I think... Tribunal has a level 35 mage named Maneki. According to EQ Players, they haven't been on since 2007. I made Maneki in June 2008 Sad I'm really really not happy about this /sigh
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:
ugh Sad Im going to lose my name I think... Tribunal has a level 35 mage named Maneki. According to EQ Players, they haven't been on since 2007. I made Maneki in June 2008 Sad I'm really really not happy about this /sigh

if you get the X you can try to petition and see if they'll switch em

Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I plan to, but I'm still annoyed/worried.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony will purge old names i am pretty sure you dont loose your name, another thing to take in consideration is the level, if tribunal guy is 35 and you 85 then more chance you have of keep your name hun, dont worry about it.
Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aergon wrote:
Sony will purge old names i am pretty sure you dont loose your name, another thing to take in consideration is the level, if tribunal guy is 35 and you 85 then more chance you have of keep your name hun, dont worry about it.

Dont think so, lets say u made a toon on 2001 and never went back to that toon after lets say lvl 5 ... but you still playing actively on other toon on same account. SoE cant do anything against that.
Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inactive characters under level 10 will be purged. Anything 10+ will stay around. Even after the last merge, we had people who hadn't played for a year come back in fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: