Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 251
Members: 0
Total: 251
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Necromancer AA requirements
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Necromancer AA requirements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasherinae
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Necromancer AA requirements Reply with quote

I notice that spell casting subtlety is on this list.

I have a suggestion (only a suggestion). Can it be removed or waived?

Let me explain my reasoning:

With FD (which I have hotbuttoned from Omens now), I can lose aggro just as fast as a monk now. And when dotting up a big target, I always twist several of those in. However, sometimes I prefer to be able to tear aggro away (especially in group and solo situations). Getting SCS will undermine that--it was the very last AA I was ever going to get. I am certain that in raid situations I can manage my aggro appropriately.

Let me know what you think--you might find that in general many necroes have mastered the art of aggro management without SCS.
Kiniira
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCS3 is a must for necros, this aa prevents you or causes less aggro on mobs that summon when you cast spells. Has nothing to do with being able to lose aggro by FDing. Without this AA you can expect to be summoned alot more.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCS is an absolute must for all DD casters. On a raid I want a full burn on most mobs and w/o it, necros and wizards would gain serious aggro that if the main tank were to die...they would immediately get summoned and be toast. I don't know about you but I don't think 2 seconds is time enough to FD when you are getting hit for 2k a pop. Your chances of getting off a successful FD on a raid mob hitting you with AE's and stunning you is slim to none. I especially need necros NOT to be the first ones to die so that they can rez our sorry butts when we wipe Smile

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but SCS is not negotiable (lifeburn and SM2 are being removed however). In addition to what Korinne said, in some raids positioning is crucial. If you are pulling aggro and moving mobs around it has the potential to completely wipe the raid.

I understand that this is a concern necros have, and I have had a few others mention it as well. However, I feel that our reasoning is sound on this aa.
Kasherinae
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Well, I can pick it up quick then Reply with quote

I understand the reasoning, and I'd be happy to go with your position on this. I will pick it up forthwith. In the meantime, I wont be messing up while I develop it.
Rydan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if the main tank were to die...they would immediately get summoned and be toast.

as wizzy... I wait untill initial agro is established (depends on mob's HP) nuke as much my manabar and regen can handle, having SCS and slaping the npc around a bit with Concussion (if it sticks at all) ..
usually I hold myself back still for MA cos if I don't, I am toast if I had SCS or not, lol ... ya.. with SCS i suppose I can get that extra nuke in
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: