Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 157
Members: 0
Total: 157
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Nice aug for the challenge.
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nice aug for the challenge.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Nice aug for the challenge. Reply with quote

a nice aug dropping in unrest instance zone if anyone is interested in it, +65hp/mana/end.

3 mannable with a ranger as a tank, the end guy is a serious under con i believe being 71+ and hitting as hard as other mobs in the zone. would have to ask pt to confirm this, but what i got hit for was no different then a normal mob.

is doable in under 40 mins and repeatable, best run i had so far was just over 25 mins times with propertool a warrior me and fraylmind.

dps is no issue for named, just being careful and haveing IVU and invis to move around, and pacify(placate needed).

also nice cloak for casters +2 mana regen also a primary/secondary item that will. and shoulders for hybrid classes, if needed, they went to rot on my missions with pt. but they were +100hp/mana/end and alright stats.

but im sure most of you will be going for that aug, its pretty common for me so far, 2/4 missions dropped it so far.

if you need someone to go with u look me up, pretty quick mission and i know where to go.

3 main guys, last guy drops the loot.

1st guy is on the gazebo by the maze outside the mansion, a twisted acolyte.
2nd is on the roof of the estate, u can see him from the first named. he is the librarian. necromancer apparently(but under con i assume his pet was green. and no harm touch.) if you trigger the event and do this guy first have you party waiting on this roof, he can be got without a pet(pets not a prob died in 2 2k nukes.)
3rd guy is in the basement. named(cant remember name) in total you will need to fight 6 mobs to clear to him, he is in his room with 1 add, one time we got 2 somehow(im assuming we were too close to the pit), but they are mezzable, both were 65+ one was white to 68.

getting to the last guy you can ivu a majority of the way, but werewolf guys see through ivu and wolfform doesnt work. also on either side of the lava pit is a whole in the floor with a mushroom in it that casts slow(rapidly and repeatedly.) avoidable if you dont go into them pits.

in total you end up killing under 25 mobs. if you are lucky/careful you can get it in 15.

in total about 100-130 mobs in zone no respawn that i seen either.

CR are easy as well if you are careful. me and pt wiped 2x first attempt, agro is weird in urest and mobs DO heal through the floors so beware, the librarian is hard due to the fact that there are healers below him that heal, after about 5 mins(8 mins total on this guy or less, 3man) of combat they were oom, or u can move him around to see if u can get him out of healer range. me and pt just fought through the chs, didnt have an issue with mana till we were in the basement of the house.

basement if you are not careful you will get 2+ adds, but only 6 mobs in tunnel need to be cleared to get to the boss. firepit room is standard spawn for unrest basement, 6 or 8 mobs. tunnel as well.

avg mob hit is 500 dmg, they range from 300-900 for hits on my chanter. so not too bad, easily doable with a 7k+ tank i think anyways.

no slows were detrimented not even named, get a few resists on mez and slow.
Nirrily
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this with 4 boxing and tanking with my ranger with no problems. The first time I tried was when wolf form still worked but had problems, took half an hour just to kill the librarian as another mob in the zone somewhere kept healing it. Then I had problems getting the acolite from the gazebo, got swarmed with adds and wiped. The next day they put in the wolf form change and I had to change my tactics. Now I clear all mobs in the yard before doing the named so it takes me a couple of hours to complete the instance but I have no deaths and it is not bad exp. So far the aug has been very rare for me and the cloak or shoulders drop a lot.
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirrily wrote:
I have done this with 4 boxing and tanking with my ranger with no problems. The first time I tried was when wolf form still worked but had problems, took half an hour just to kill the librarian as another mob in the zone somewhere kept healing it. Then I had problems getting the acolite from the gazebo, got swarmed with adds and wiped. The next day they put in the wolf form change and I had to change my tactics. Now I clear all mobs in the yard before doing the named so it takes me a couple of hours to complete the instance but I have no deaths and it is not bad exp. So far the aug has been very rare for me and the cloak or shoulders drop a lot.

the acolyte comes with 1 add guarenteed, due to his positioning, if pulled wrong you will get all 3 reguardless of pacify. 2 no matter what.

the courtyard by him needs to be cleared, generally there are about 10 mobs total that need to be killed. also if you are sitting by the maze near the acolyte there is a roamer that paths along the side of the maze where u would be standing. he will come ROUGHLY 5 minutes after the event has started... watch for this guy... Mad

the healers for the librarian are pretty much unavoidable as far as i can tell =/

PS:
very good zone to work them dual/triple/quad boxing skills )
Nirrily
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do with the acolite now is snare him, all 3 mobs chase me but by the time I get back to camp the acolite has wandered back to his spawn and I kill the 2 adds, then go back for the acolite single.

The Librarian, I wait for it to path to one side and snare him from the ground but the last time I got 5 adds. Mezzing 5 adds and getting everything debuffed while playing 4 toons on 2 computers was not easy and my chanter ran out of mana by the time I was killing the 3rd add but somehow I sqeaked through. I have been told that you can get up on the second storey from the gazebo so I am going to try that next time or just pull with the druid and snare and evac.

For the ghost in the basement I use a strange tactic. I get him targeted and then come back up to the yard and stand above him and hit taunt, the whole basement comes running, takes me back to my old days leveling in Unrest hehe. I then kite them around the yard until I can land a snare on that resistant (expleetive here) and keep running to where I have the druid invis'd and ready to succor me, wait for the mobs to path back in the estate and grab the ghost single. The first time I won I couldn't figure out how to open the darn chest, you need to have an open hot button, /open would not work.

I had a lot of fun doing this instance and still need 2 more cloaks and 4 augs so I will have lots of time to tweak my strategy some more, that is if I ever get some time to actually play EQ.
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm hmmm i needed to type /open, hotkeys would not work...

another time /open would not work but hotkeys would?!

must be a bug...
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked doing the unrest mission. LIKED being the key word. Had the hybrid shoulders drop 4 times in a row. Screw it. Mission hates me so now I hate it.
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done this mission in 15min. Careful named pulling & IVU.

BUT... it can also go for 2hrs just as easily as well. AAExp isnt that bad at 70 & Regular Exp decent for level 69 (hiya).

a then 66monk proclaimed this Unrest mission is way better than exping in WOS.
Seen AUg drop 4x,Melee shoulders ~3x, Caster FT2 cape ~3x.

This mission has no lockout atm and can be chained tasked upon each completion. Hopefully it stays like that post patch next week.

Ichi...Ni...San...Shi...Striding ichiban... iki ma~su!
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striding wrote:
done this mission in 15min. Careful named pulling & IVU.

BUT... it can also go for 2hrs just as easily as well. AAExp isnt that bad at 70 & Regular Exp decent for level 69 (hiya).

a then 66monk proclaimed this Unrest mission is way better than exping in WOS.
Seen AUg drop 4x,Melee shoulders ~3x, Caster FT2 cape ~3x.

This mission has no lockout atm and can be chained tasked upon each completion. Hopefully it stays like that post patch next week.

yep did the calcs, u can in fact complete it in under 15 mins if you are careful, and repeat timer of 0 will be changed next patch, almost guarenteed... no way soe is going to make it repeatable for the rewards and time it takes to complete... either that or they will up the difficulty of them under conning nameds. think the acolyte is toughest mob lol, and only because he has a possibility of coming with 1+ adds.

the end guy was a clown for difficulty... was red to me and hit like a normal mob in this zone... oh and a ranger tanked him with maybe 1 2k blast heal. for some reason i am getting resists off the trash mobs worse then i am off the named, no resists on named, trash mobs however, i had 4 mezzes resisted with full tash/debuff on the mob =/

other then that, if your going to get this aug you should do so now befor they nerf the zone or drop rates... which is coming i can see it )

has anyone done the hates fury mission? wanted to go do it but havent had anyone willing to go... )

are the rewards/time required as nice as this zone?
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u need to repatch, if that does not work reinstall eq entirely.

i had same problem with ykesha after oow came out, i couldnt zone into loy, crashed and got booted back to pok...

as for the mission i think me and propertool are going again on friday, so send me a tell then if u want )

might goto hates fury(havent been there yet...)
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonof wrote:
hmm...that's odd though..because before i reactived my account, oow was working just fine...I hope I dont have to reinstall eq...what a pain in the rear...maybe I'll try deleting the expansion files and just reinstall the expansion...I've talked to other people in the chat and they have had similar problems. Also people on our server have had bad lag issues, been booted out of eq, etc. So I don't know. I will wait and see if the new patch fixes it, if not I will reinstall the expansion.

theres currently some problems with oow and epic encounters respawning and respawning and repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat.

which will cause some problems with lag )
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: