Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 184
Members: 0
Total: 184
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - MPG Groups 10/10
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MPG Groups 10/10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atheka
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: MPG Groups 10/10 Reply with quote

So how did the three groups do last night?
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group 2 wonWonWON !!!

and I won a nice face piece, AC 40 and HPs 215

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

what I did notice about our trial, that may not have been addressed in all the other discussions, is there is a lot of LUCK required as well...

I was the OT for the Elite and the first 2 sets of mobs I felt like I was in TopGun :

Hollywood "Where'd he go?"
Wolfman "Where'd WHO go ???"

the Elite ran past me and it was only luck I got him targeted, the 3rd one got by me but I got him targeted, and the 4th one I had targeted right when he popped...

Was a lot of fun tho... and capped off a really good EQ night for me, Im so happy /sniffle
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groups 1 and 3 lost. I was in group 3, the Commander went right for Inishsun and killed him.
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Ranger Wdarby on his Eyepatch of Expert Archery .

2 hours later I did this trial with another group and Auld got the same mask.[/url]
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did, and thanks to the help of that wonderful team. I was also in group 3 last night, as off tank for elites, and when I saw the mobs pop, they came runnin faster than a bard on Crack, straight by me, which is odd, cause mobs like to beat on rangers, and whacked Inish real hard. As we discussed after the failure, we forgot one main part of aggro management, have the Tanks and Off tanks sitting, make sure once the trial begins, no buffs, Tanks need to actively be searching for mobs, (I think it is F8 - I rekeyed mine to the 2 key, but keep tapping your cycle nearest NPC hotkey, until you see your mob in target window, then cast/ atk whatever to gain aggro.

Also in the seccond attempt we had striatus as MT, PT as off tank, even with ghraa chanting at a furious pace, tanks will get adds, until they get locked down, watch your tanks health, and anyone with a healing spell be ready to help out, even if you only heal 1K, we had a close call in the second wave, and without mystiqat donating a little life, we may have wiped.

Thanks a bunch again for all the work that has gone into these trial nights, my reccord is not great for these evenings, but I do learn more each time I get to participate.

-Auldaen
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i noticed last night in both my efficiency trial attempts is that all the mobs went straight for Striatus (who was tanking the commander) as soon as they popped. I'm not sure if it was because he was faster on the pickup then the rest of us or what. I'm wondering if the mobs are somehow linked to the commanders aggro list in someway.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the mobs attack whomever it is that zone into the trial last. This only comes into play really in effeciency and destruction though, but always a good idea to have the tank zone in last just to be safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: