Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 284
Members: 0
Total: 284
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - 2.0 Orbs....
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2.0 Orbs....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: 2.0 Orbs.... Reply with quote

Ok, so what the hell is with people not rolling on 2.0 orbs? One went to a bonus roll last night and I KNOW there were plenty of people in the raid without their 2.0s. So, what's the deal here? Are y'all confused about the loot policy surrounding the orbs, or do you just not want your 2.0s?

I bring this up for two reasons:

1) I can't understand why someone wouldn't want a 2.0.

2) We have people outside of AH willing to pay big time plat for the opportunity to loot an orb, but I'm not even willing to entertain that idea until everyone in AH has one. However, if you don't want one, so be it; the officers will have to rethink this issue.......
Macanudos
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well playing the guessing game here, but maybe some people would rather see if X-item drops that is a rare drop from anguish and they really want where as they know that orbs will come every raid and multiple orbs. Not sure though maybe they still figure they aren't anywhere near there 2.0 even though most aren't that hard to finish if you have your 1.5...Well I know that I just haven't done my 4 raid fights for 2.0 so I hadn't gotten an orb since you are suppose to be on last step..I know they go to anyone if no one is on last step, but still haven't found enough ppl to do my battles so I just hadn't worried and I wasn't on raid the other night either....Maybe if you didn't make them the persons item for the night more will get but who knows....I plan on getting one but once I can finish a few battles.

Mac
Lacomb
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made no sense at all to me either.
1) the first time this happened and the orb dropped to 3pts Oli said the heck with that it stays at 5pts and whomever was in the raid accepted that and took it. That I can understand.

2) the most recent time it happened was yesterday when I believe we were at the last mob and it was late and we were done for the night. ie: bidding on the orb and having it count against you for loot for the night was a moot point since we were done anyway, and yet it still did not have bidders. That I cannot understand.

Shed some light on this one...
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself, already having the 2.0 on my main, I was waiting for it to drop to 3, meaning that no main wanted it bad enough to pay 5 pts, I would happily pay 3 pts for a box. But I was surprised to see that it did not go to 3 and went direct to app/guests instead. Guess I missed it when it was decided that Orbs would not go to 3.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacomb wrote:
the first time this happened and the orb dropped to 3pts Oli said the heck with that it stays at 5pts and whomever was in the raid accepted that and took it.

I have no recollection of this.

Orbs are supposed to be bid just like any of our other loot, with the caveat that it is somewhat restricted as to who is allowed to bid on them based on Epic progress.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
For myself, already having the 2.0 on my main, I was waiting for it to drop to 3, meaning that no main wanted it bad enough to pay 5 pts, I would happily pay 3 pts for a box. But I was surprised to see that it did not go to 3 and went direct to app/guests instead. Guess I missed it when it was decided that Orbs would not go to 3.

I missed it, too.

When I read this post I thought you were crazy, but I checked my logs and you are right. I was busy getting an alt in to loot the key and wasn't really following the Globe auction. Until just like 5 minutes ago I thought it had been passed on at 5, 3 and 1 by all members and also at 0 for apps, and then won by Aleax at 1 point in the bonus round.

We will sort it out this week and I will post in this thread when I figure out what's up.
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats basically why I didn't bid... I'm not near the point where I'd need it in my epic 2.0 so can't really justify 5 pts to myself at this point. 3 points, probably depending on my mood, and 1 pt is easy to justify though it never dropped below 5 pts, went right to 5 pt bonus.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok!

Epic Globes are going to cost 5 minimum to members. Whether they are purchased on the first bid offer or as a bonus, they will cost 5 points (or more if raised).

We should have announced this policy before we put it into effect, but this is the way it will be. All questions, concerns, suggestions should be forwarded to our Loot Czar, Wendaen!
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Oli or Wendaen, what will the progression be then? 5 pts/raise first bid, then 0 pts apps/guest, then 5 pt bonus?

I will pay the 5 pts for my boxes, but don't want to win over someone who is bidding for their main. Although, I would prefer to pay my 5 pts before seeing a guest get it for 0. This puts me in a quandry as to when to bid....

One last question... If I am going to pay the 5 pts as bonus loot, will that be a /ran or based on tier? My opinion would be that if it is costing 5 points, it sould be based on tier and not left to luck of the roll.

Thanks,

Rich
Wendaen
Oh Silent One

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last combine or needed for last fight > have 1.5 > full member > apps/guest > bonus. Gonna just have people roll at bonus.
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as Tetrafluor - too far away from needing it to justify 5 points right now. I did roll on the bonus because by then I figured that if anyone needed it worse than me, they would have bid on it, but I'm not going to take it from someone who's closer to their 2.0 than I am.
Mercenarie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I would love to get my hands on one, I'm not even done with my 1.5 yet, so I can't see taking it from someone that is real close to completing their 2.0. However, when I get close, I'll take it for the 5 pts.
Deophi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did have a very low number for this day also, I just think most that was there had orb already and or wasnt 100% sure about the bid, that paticular mob on defeat does get little twisty, laggy, people maybe of been tired Smile

Last edited by Deophi on Tue May 15, 2007 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people are not bidding on the orb,,, has there been any thought or talk about haveing the orb still cost 5 points (or more if raised) but not havign it count for the loot of the night? just a thought. Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know it sounds like we need to do more epic targets and i noticed this thursday in coa that ppl were not biding on the last combine but once it came up to having 1.5 then ppl started biding . perhps we should think about getting the lot of us our epics
Klaanu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: orbs Reply with quote

The way I understood it was you must be at the part where you needed it to bid on it and I am still one fight away from that on Ninini so I haven't been even trying to get the orb yet.

Nin
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenamten wrote:
you know it sounds like we need to do more epic targets and i noticed this thursday in coa that ppl were not biding on the last combine but once it came up to having 1.5 then ppl started biding . perhps we should think about getting the lot of us our epics

We are more than willing to do 1.5 and 2.0 fights for people, however, it is a small requirement for folks to go get prepared for the raid targets for thier 1.5 / 2.0 mobs. There is a system set in place to get on a list for raid targets. 1 groupable mobs are not covered and must be completed by the individual player, you can ask for help, but do not get discouraged if you get little response on your first request, as people may be busy with thier own things at the time you ask. You can post a thread in this forum requesting help for less than raid targets, best to state a time and date you want to attempt so people can plan.

I say all this because I have my 2.0 and think they are some of the best weapons you can achieve with our level of raiding, if only for the clickies on some, but I will tell you, I wish every shaman would have thier 2.0, as well as SK's - they are group effect clickies that can make a major difference in DPS and heals.

-Auld
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been around much for the last month due to moving, but we are all settled in now, so hopefully my raiding abilities picks up a bit again. I know I dont even have 5 pts yet, but the orb is one of 2 things left for my 2.0 right now. I have the orb and the ragefire fight in TD. I have not put in a request for the ragefire fight yet as I have not had 50 raids under my belt as a full member so far or anything like that. I want to earn my fight, not just ask for it up front and seem greedy. That said, it is supposed to be your last item needed for your epic to roll for it. A lot of us arent on that point yet, so a lot of times it doesnt get rolled for yet. I look forward to getting back into raiding with everyone, miss you all lots!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People on the last stage get priority, but it's not a requirement.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if you do not have your 50 raids you should put in a request for your fight if you are ready for it and are actively raiding.. you will not be first priority but if we are low on targets or already hitting a target near yours and it wouldnt be out of the way to get it dont it is possible that we may do it.. this is no garentee but you should still request it to leave options open for yourself as well as for ah Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: