Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 119
Members: 0
Total: 119
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Remal Epic Fight
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remal Epic Fight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Remal Epic Fight Reply with quote

After getting my Valdoon fight done yesterday with JPD. I had the chance to try Remal with AH. Well, I failed at the first part of the fight, and I don't like wasting people's time. Anyway, this fight involves trying to kill four waves of four orcs in less than 4:15 and I can't have any outside help during the fight. I have since tried this fight four more times and I can only get 15 dead in the allotted time. This dude is a 30 minute spawn and I logged each test to check the time and the number killed.

I am looking for ways to boost my DPS. I had a Distillate of Skinspikes on me for the first fight. Would a mage DS have helped more ? I also did not have Champion on me. My point in posting all of this is that I don't want to waste the time of another raid in another failed attempt and I'm going to keep practicing this fight until I get it down pat. As always, all help and advice is appreciated.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mage DS would boost things a bit, champion probably would too. dont know what other buffs you had but might go with a couple ranger buffs too, GoE is a DS that stacks with mage DS adds ac as well, + their attack buffs will boost DPS directly. sounds like your awful close and only need a small boost. I think the higher DS would help the most, but im no expert.
Zanman
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having a Shammy handy to cast "Spirit of the Panther" That would be a huge output in DPS.
Just my 2 cents worth Smile
Later,
Zanman
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get all the haste buffs you can as well as the best DS you can. Use every trick you have to boost your AC, HP, and DPS.

Do NOT try to pull all the orcs to one spot to fight them - keep moving around the pillar making sure to kill each entire wave before the next pops. I know I tried repeatedly to kill them in a bunch - never worked for me. It seems that all the orcs in each wave must die before the final orc in the next wave or the event stops in a fail.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Holy Forge and 7th (?) year vet reward for increased crits and crips...plus did you spend the AAs on critical hits, double attacks etc ?!?
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the good advice. I intend to keep practicing this event until I can get it down pat before I waste the time of another raid force. On my first try I was not buffed nearly as well as I could have been. I also did not use every discipline that I could have either. Also, so far I've put most all of my available AA's into defensive stuff. Going to grind out a few in the next few days for some better crits. The advice about killing each wave before the spawn of the next wave isn't something that I've seen elsewhere. I have been trying to group them and kill them. Time to try a new tactic for me.

Once again, thanks all for the really helpful advice.
Shatiba
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Shaman goodies (Champion, Panther rk.2 right before you engage), you should get the ranger buff line (Guard of Earth, Snarl of the Predator), and consider replacing Brells with Strength of the Forest Stalker. These ATK and damage shield buffs will stack with mage DS, and you will hit for max more often.

Shatiba
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving up a few hitpoints from brells shouldnt hurt you at all...i used my heal procing sword with lifetap aug on it plus wave of tunare, and in the whole event cast 1 HoT on myself only because i was bored and had no orcs to fight....

just fight them going in a cirlce around the tower thingie....becareful you dont get dizzy and confused like *cough* I did...
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, thank you to all of you for the advice. Now that I think I have a clue about what to do in this fight, I am really looking forward to getting it done. BTW, does it really need a raid to do ? I thought I heard someone say that it had been one grouped.
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Named for this fight hits pretty hard...overkill 4tw imo
xilraazz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shatiba wrote:
In addition to Shaman goodies (Champion, Panther rk.2 right before you engage), you should get the ranger buff line (Guard of Earth, Snarl of the Predator), and consider replacing Brells with Strength of the Forest Stalker. These ATK and damage shield buffs will stack with mage DS, and you will hit for max more often.

Shatiba
As a shaman, using panther rk.2 is great for groups of DPS, but if it's just one person, SPIRIT OF THE PANTHER, is a lot better. It's single target and lasts a LOT longer. group panther only lasts 1:06 with max duration extension. Spirit lasts like 6mins. but getting panther i agree is a great idea. 400 dd proc that fires a lot is quite a DPS boost.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks in no small part to the posts in answer to my question, I have now been able to twice take down these accursed Orcs and to spawn Remal. Hopefully, I can get a raid together soon and finish this darned 2.0. Once again, thanks all for the advice and support.
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who helped with this fight tonight. Won't be long until I'm finished with my 2.0
Purplesun
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz!!!
Selvan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Grom!

Selvan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: