Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 222
Members: 0
Total: 222
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Wednesday Nights
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wednesday Nights
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Continue to use Wednesday nights to flag AH members for T8 access
Yes, hell yes! Can we do it 2 nights a week instead of one
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
Yeah sure, why not. I get tiers, dkp and a chance at loot so its all the same.
33%
 33%  [ 17 ]
I am impartial to the idea and dont give a rats ass
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
I would rather not, I will help if needed but dont want to do this.
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Do this and you can kiss my ass goodbye, I wont be there.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 51

elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Wednesday Nights Reply with quote

Folks, we tried UF flagging tonight, and the response means we're gonna continue it. We NEED folks to get to T8 and get those drops.

This will be ESSENTIAL to get AH into Tower raids. For those that don't have UF yet, the group gear is essentially SoD raid gear quality.

Everyone please list what you need for T8 (missions) and also if you're able to request missions please list what you can request.

PLEASE show up early folks, as we're trying hard to get folks flagged, but latecommers will have a HARD time getting into the missions they need.

You have NO idea how hard it is to try and do this with a raid force, that then breaks into groups. Please be patient, show up even if you're flagged, and understand that if you don't get your "needed" mission, you will as soon as we can.

Remember, AH is like a chain, we're only as strong as our weakest members, and we're trying to fill their slots with good gear.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tier 9 Flagged.

I can request :

1. Brells Rest
2. Cooling Chambers
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to buy multipule Underfoot expansions I guess. Keep checking my EQ fund jar and I am getting closer. Hopefully soonish.
Southpaw
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what i have atm ** edit** updated on May 20th

[x] Brell's Rest - Don't Fear the Destroyer
[x] Cooling Chamber - Tasnise Underbelly
[x] Pellucid Grotto - The Seeding Frenzy
[x] Foundation - The Search for Saunk
[x] Underquarry - Scent of a Woman
[x] Arthicrex - To Serve Sporali

I am unable to request any as of yet....

Have yet to start T9

Last edited by Southpaw on Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
Fethiel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am T9 flagged.

I can currently request the PG and UQ missions.
Rashelf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brells rest done, it why i was late to raid.

Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While all my accounts are T8, I am still working on getting the requirements in order to be able to request them. Been working on the Arthicrex requirements lately but still not there yet.
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ ] Brell's Rest - Don't Fear the Destroyer
[ ] Cooling Chamber - Tasnise Underbelly
[ ] Pellucid Grotto - The Seeding Frenzy
[ ] Foundation - The Search for Saunk
[x] Underquarry - Scent of a Woman
[ ] Arthicrex - To Serve Sporali
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the home of After Hours: the non-guild raiding coalition of the bristlebane server!

RAIDING coalition...please can we stop with the uf GROUP stuff already! This reminds me of stuff a GUILD would be doing, not a coalition. If people cant group in uf im sorry but why are we wasting 36 plus people to do stuff that 2 groups could get done. You say we keep doing this group stuff because people can't get a group for it. Then you say we keep doing it because theres a good response. If theres such a good response, why can they not get a group going during there own hours and not raid times? The channel is always there and can be used to get a pick up group together. Don't confuse a "good response" to people farming tier.

I will never waste tier on group content and im sure u have noticed i dont goto the group content anymore anyway rather spend my time doing something else. I FINALLY got a job after a long time, so i will be raiding less. I'm still making as many raids as i can and will be able to do more once I can buy myself a computer. Either way i see ah having 3 raid nights instead of 4 a week now doing group content and it will continue to be a night i dont attend until changed. why not spend that night doing kith...fos...cc...

If we want to strengthen our weakest links, group content is not the way to go with a raid force. Up the reqs, 85 with 700ish aa, void e (ideally). Use the 4th raid night to help with other SoD raid targets. This will help the raid force more than repeating stuff that the majority of people probably already have done and not wasting RAID time. If we ever wanna do UF raids Tower will have to go down. To get Tower down, people need to invest some personal time as well. Raiding group conent in uf will not help the majority. In about 2 months, the 8 nights of group content could be more beneficial to the raid force doing SoD raids (average 2 targets a night, thats 16 targets). Please stop the group stuff!!!

Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I am kind of shocked given the response we had to flagging people for T8 last night. How many of you think we should continue using wednesday nights to flag for T8 vs. trying to move forward with our current status quo?
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have said so many times Sendalor. But you are in the minority. Other people ARE showing up and expressing interest. We have had nights with 10 loot drops + spells.

Raiding in Tower takes keys, which takes time. Weeks and weeks and weeks of killing Korafax raids. We will get there eventually. But with lockouts, we can only kill them once a week.

In the meantime, we use some UF gear to help boost up our stats for that day when we do set foot into Tower.

When the day comes that AH is in Tower, then I would be willing to support stopping the UF nights. Wednesday could be Korafax (still need to hand out keys), and Thur/Fri/Sat in Tower.
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to pipe in here:

I am not a fan of UF group content raids. That being said, I do benefit from them. Weds. prog. raid was helpful for me as I don't do a lot of non-raid time gaming. Maybe I should but...it's just not happening.

How many have Tower keys now? Ybolla does, and I am thinking another 20 or so do. Maybe I'm off on that estimate. Lets find out!

I'll keep showing up, no worries, but I can see where Send is coming from and I don't blame him at all. I suspect there are others out there who feel the same.

There's my 3c.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those uninterested in UF need to realize some folks don't get groups there, yet show up to raids, and drag AH down as a whole due to poor gear. Flagging/plowing will help them get the needed gear, therefore improving AH as a whole. (I"m not knocking anyone as we need you on raids )

Sendalor, my advice to you is to research a raid you'd like us to do, then lead it. I can handle group shuffles, another can handle taskadds, another will deal with latecomers.

Man up, bro. All you'll have to deal with is the strat while the fight is taking place.

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think maybe a admin can do a poll about it in general and see what happens. is nice know what think the ppl about it, that can give us a better direction about wed nights
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree with Sendalor, i deeply loathe do group stuff instead raids, the mudflation in this expansion is ludicrous.

Like you all know, like RL im only doing Korafax raids and may be others to get essences, however, due guild raid schedules i only can do that Fri/Sat. Thursday is Rallos Return and im not sure whos leading those and that leaves Wed alone. In theory we have several RLs ... but atm only 2 actively shows.

We have near 30 tower keys so that leaves like 1-2 months more of farming korafax then we will switch to something like:

wed - korafax hard
thur/fri/sat - Tower

Until that happens we likely going to still doing the UF stuff ... unless anyone want to step up and kick elric out of the wednesday's command. :p
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did step up and started organizing the wednesday night T8 flagging instead of just plowing thru group content. The missions are much more challenging, drops more loot ( even a chest at the end ) and the exp / AA is fantasic compared to a raid night.

@ Aergon, Your poll has been added to this thread...
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very noble undertaking but I’d respectfully ask that you consider a couple of things. There is a reason some of AH's members (and I mean a very small sample) cannot get groups together to do the flagging missions... some are not at the stage within their personal EQ progression to attempt these zones because of a number of factors - levels, equipment and contribution to the group at large. Simply if AH flags them for T8 they would be ill prepared to tackle group content much less raid content. Forcing people to find groups to get through T8 progression encourages the development of a character and in turn provides a stronger link in that raid chain.

As a cleric I see time and time again that sub-level 85 toons require the most “care” in my groups. In most cases my goal is clearly defined – keep the raids tanks alive. It sucks when members of my group die (a personal thing) but I either expend mana to keep under-developed characters alive or put my blinders up and focus on the raid tanks and topping up the health of the group members that I know are holding their own. When you can’t group heal… a cleric is sometimes forced to choose who is going to get healed and who they have to let die. My preference would be to keep everyone alive but sometimes my choices are forced and the balance is fine… the person using the most of my mana is going to die. My point is - some of the toons we are flagging are not prepared to be in these zones…. yet.

There were people in attendance on Wednesday that I have never seen in any of the raids I have attended in the last few months. Is it AH’s intent to flag anybody and everybody irrespective of their affiliation with AH? I am guessing my particular group flagged someone who heard on the grapevine that a charitable organization would carry them through the process. The toon we flagged was not ready for the content much less able to take direction for basic groupage.

I will continue to be in attendance for Wednesday night raids and feel that the T8 flagging is a great idea – with a few restrictions. Getting tells like “can you taskadd my alt” and “since you’re already T8 flagged, can we taskadd a friend?” I hope is not the intent of this exercise.

I can request Pellucid and Brells tasks at the moment and am close to requesting tasks for the remainder of the themes.

Siouxe
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should ONLY be flagging AH and Affiliated CoTL guild members. I am unaware of anyone that made it into the wednesday night raid that was not one of those two groups. Any task adds to be done at the end of a mission should ONLY be going to members waiting on the bench. Anything else in my mind is ridiculous.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, you have said so many times Sendalor. But you are in the minority. Other people ARE showing up and expressing interest. We have had nights with 10 loot drops + spells.

Raiding in Tower takes keys, which takes time. Weeks and weeks and weeks of killing Korafax raids. We will get there eventually. But with lockouts, we can only kill them once a week.

In the meantime, we use some UF gear to help boost up our stats for that day when we do set foot into Tower.

Raiding UF Group content does not help people get keys. We're wasting a raid night to do this group stuff instead of doing the third Kora event and helping more people get gear.

SoD raid gear is also better than UF group gear. Also doing other SoD raids help unlock rk 3 spells, another bonus that UF group does not offer seeing as most people now have the rk 2 UF spells. If we do 2 targets a night instead of UF group, you're looking at atleast 4+ items and 4 runes (presuming we win which we are capable of winning every raid up to Tower I believe).

Quote:
Those uninterested in UF need to realize some folks don't get groups there, yet show up to raids, and drag AH down as a whole due to poor gear. Flagging/plowing will help them get the needed gear, therefore improving AH as a whole. (I"m not knocking anyone as we need you on raids )

Sendalor, my advice to you is to research a raid you'd like us to do, then lead it. I can handle group shuffles, another can handle taskadds, another will deal with latecomers.

Man up, bro. All you'll have to deal with is the strat while the fight is taking place.

Like I said before about UF group, the channel is always there and if theres so many people that need to get it done and can attend a raid, they should be able to get a pickup group going during non-raid hours as well. If people really want to get into Tower raiding with AH, they will need to put some more time in than just raid time, its that simple.

I have PM'ed EVC about leading before. EVC replied and told me to give him a strat and they'd see about a night. I gave him a strat and night I'd like to do it. He asked me about a certain night, I told him that I couldn't do the night they wanted due to the fact that I am currently sharing a computer. I told him which nights I would be available and havn't heard back.

I was a main raid leader of Crimson Blade years ago and I did a lot more than just lead the raid. There were some designated roles. A CH chain worked for the most part back then so I had my healer people organize most of those details. Other than that, I was main puller and assist, setup the groups, moved the raid into position, and got the raid ready for the target. I'd be more than happy to try my hand at leading a raid again on nights I'm available.

Quote:
The missions are much more challenging, drops more loot ( even a chest at the end ) and the exp / AA is fantasic compared to a raid night

Do people come to raids to expect exp? Really? And like I said before about loot, most SoD raid is better than UF group.

Quote:
There is a reason some of AH's members (and I mean a very small sample) cannot get groups together to do the flagging missions... some are not at the stage within their personal EQ progression to attempt these zones because of a number of factors - levels, equipment and contribution to the group at large. Simply if AH flags them for T8 they would be ill prepared to tackle group content much less raid content. Forcing people to find groups to get through T8 progression encourages the development of a character and in turn provides a stronger link in that raid chain.

This is precisely what I was getting at before. I hope all the officers and supporters of UF group night read and re-read Siouxe's post.

Some of our weak links are draining our healers mana which is of course preventing us from moving forward (as pointed out by Siouxe). If we really want to move forward into Tower, we need to up the requirements. People can not expect a RAIDING COALITION to hold their hand and upgrade them from their elegant defiant gear. Simply put, people have to put some personal time in. All of our core raiders have done that and yet we have to go back and repeat this GROUP stuff for our weaker links? That to me is punishing the core raiders and I don't see why so many people are ok with it.

Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

few things, if you are going to try Tower in few weeks you will loose FU and RoV members because they cant yet raid tower outside the guild, no idea if AH can do tower without them, including our RL for korafax events Hasseo.

another is AH never was a elite raid coalition, thats why raise the bar need to be check wisely, AH exist for give to family guilds a spot for raid, of course you need to have elemental skills, stuff for raid with us, but i am not sure if we want be soo much elitist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: