Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 122
Members: 0
Total: 122
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - AHNecros
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AHNecros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: AHNecros Reply with quote

I am the class lead for necromancers, for good or bad, we shall see. I stated last night that I'd like to start playing around with a channel of our own, starting next week. I'd really like some input on what we can accomplish with this channel. Some of the ideas put out last night were related to debuffing, twitching, mind wrack, spell line up, etc.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not a necro but one thing I would like to see is a "watchdog" for pets.

As I am sure every pet class knows, pets never strafe around to balance push. This means during a fight all pets often end up on the same side. This causes a lot of push for the rest of the raid to deal with. Someone needs to be watching and call if pets need to be repositioned so that they surround the mob.

I'd also like for the pet person to look and see if a pet is on the wrong mob, or reprimand someone if their pet charges early because it was not on hold. Don't get me wrong, everyone makes mistakes, and I am not saying someone should get b*tched out for making one. I had Fluffy on the wrong zombie last night even. But the more you are corrected the better you get.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the chanter channel - we get a LOT of use out of it.

Most importantly, of course, is it gives us a private forum where we can complain about all the other classes and reassure one another that we are, in fact, the singlemost important component in any AH victory.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing Oli....we healers tend to do the same thing, although it's also punctuated by "ZOMG rezz Soandso" alot Laughing
propertool
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladile wrote:
we healers tend to do the same thing, although it's also punctuated by "ZOMG rezz Ghraa" alot Laughing

I fixed your typo... Wink
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghraa offtanks, I saw him say it myself.
Kiniira
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see is a bit more communication between healers and necros when they need twitching, I'm noticeing alot that healers wait until they are very lom before anyone mentions that they need twitching. In my opinion it does neither class ( necro or healers ) to wait until you are down to 10% mana before you mention that you are getting low. It can get frustrating for the necro and whoever is in need of mana because atm our twitch line is nowhere near what it should be for the high lvl mobs and some of the high mana cost of casting spells. A healer waiting till they are very lom and still needed to be in the CH loop or what have you can consume a necros entire mana pool and not be much better on mana before they asked. When a healer knows they are going to need a bit more mana to finish the fight send an assigned necro (if we go that route) a tell and let them know you need twitching.We are not mind readers and have no clue you are low unless one of us knows.
Don't get me wrong here, a necro twitching is a vital part to whether healers can continue casting or not. What I would like to see in the future is try to have a necro assigned to a main healer during a major to fight to make sure that person does not run out of mana.

As far as Mind Wrack goes during a raid imo its useless, it takes up a buff slot that may be needed for something else( HOT for example),I've been yelled at in tells by a tank that couldn't be healed by HOT because MW had taken his free buff slot. And if we all have full buffs it will not hold on anyone, besides most of the high lvl mobs that we are fighting either have no mana pool, or will resist. Therefore wasting the mana cost on casting the spell when the mob resists it or it doesn't hold on anyone is not worth the cost in mana.
As far as pets are concerned if a necro doesn't have pet hold command they shouldn't have a pet up at all. To many of these mobs we are doing have ae spells to take that kind of chance.

Just my 2 cents worth
Medikraven
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry....I'm usually bad about asking for twitching over the healer channel. Of course that's probably because I have a neccy that sits a mere 3 feet away from me so I just first politely let him know that I'm starting to get a tad lom. The second time I ask him, yes I do tend to raise my voice just a little to make sure he heard me. The third time it's generally me shouting on the top of my lungs...

"PUMP ME YOU STUPID SCHMUCK"

Medik
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medikraven wrote:

"PUMP ME YOU STUPID SCHMUCK"

Medik

you are still talking about necro twitches here right?

-Auld
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow, that made me laugh too hard.
First things first, I find the healers channel useless to me during a CH rotation, there is no way I can set that window up in a way that I can catch any kind of LoM message with the CH spam. Tells for twitching are vital in a case like that. The main thing I try to get from the healers channel is clerics/druids and chanters that get rezzed.
It is important also that any class wanting a twitch understand the mechanics of it. It takes 400 of my mana to give you 150 mana. My mana pool isn't artificially inflated by an enchanter spell like KEI, etc...those spells regen mana too slow for me. I regen mana probably 1.5 times to 2 times faster than you. We have the mana to give and the means to give it, but it isn't very effecient. We need to be told early enough to help you.
We'll play around with the channel this week and find a way to work things we all like. Just bring your ideas and we'll test things out.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the healing lead can sit in your channel Razz And say ...PUMP ME YOU SCHMUCK (to quote Medik Razz)

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that would mean we couldn't compare Gems scores during raid for at least a night or two.
Medikraven
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi!!! Vaim is never going to let me live this one down....he's sorta mad at me for saying that.

Oh well.....I guess he gets to call me the stupid schmuck for a bit....just not where I can hear him if he wants me to do his laundry or cook for him. Laughing

Medik
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: