Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 137
Members: 0
Total: 137
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Twitching
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Twitching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Twitching Reply with quote

I talked a little about this in the AHNecros thread, but it deserves it's own.

1) This spell is very inefficient, most necros hate it. 400 mana gives 150 mana, this works out to a ratio of 8:3. Mana going to twitches is mana not going to DPS.

2) Mana usage. If you are a healer, use your mana for healing. Certain fights, like Xegony, require more mana than you have, we become mana batteries for those. Don't nuke if you need your mana to heal.

3) Twitching is for battle rezzes and buff sessions, otherwise there shouldn't be any urgent need for mana transfer (except certain fights). Again, if you need your mana to heal, don't use it for nukes.

I've written and rewritten this about 5 times, I'm trying to not rant, I just want the information to be out there. Oh and don't confuse the blinking KEI-like icon with twitches, that icon is for Mind Wrack recourse. Mind Wrack is great, 600 of my mana gives each person in the group 300 mana, to include myself, meaning it really only costs me 300 mana in the end...sadly this spell doesn't work on everything.
Oldwoolf
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the most debating topics on the necro websites. Necros can sustain an insane level of dps on long fights.

However, that dps is cut if we have to twitch clerics. The catch 22 is the fight is now lengthened without necros doing dps and therefore clerics have to heal more. Twitching is terribly inneficient and I believe it will lead to a death spiral.

There are many necros that would argue that if we need twitching for a fight we don't have enough clerics or they are not geared well enough for the fight.

I am not taking a hard stance either way but be aware of the consequences when asking for twitches.

Old Wolf
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am sorry but I do have to say something...rant or no rant....If a cleric is low on mana ....its because they are healing. You never see a druid nuking if they are supposed to be healing and they sure as heck never ask for mana unless they were buffing or doing massive blast heals.

As someone with max mana regen at this point....I can say that the ONLY time I would ask a necro to twitch me is if we are in a hurry to kill something and I just died or had to do a lot of buffing. The only time I see that clerics are looking for mana are right after deaths, buffing or during a long fight that requires alot of blasting.

As for twitching the clerics....I know that it sucks...but you are the ONLY ones besides beastlords who can directly give mana and fast. It's kinda like the beastlord saying I am sorry I have the spell but I am not doing a fero rotation because it takes alot of mana and time. If a cleric has low mana during a fight I would EXPECT that a necro would stop what they were doing and focus on that. I could also argue that druids are decent dps ....but we are 95% of the time cast in a healing role. I don't resent that. Obviously we can't do both effectively and yes I agree that the ratio your mana to given mana sucks but its the same with mod rods from mages....unless its a mass cast....its more mana out of the mage than given to the recipient. Gripe to Sony about the problem with your spell but don't tell the healers not to nuke and then ask for mana....maybe you have had it happen during groups but it doesn't happen during raids. Most of the time we are so busy healing the groups (to include the necro mana batteries /evil grin) that we don't have time to nuke.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing to keep in mind is, on some fights, we don't want insane dps. Let me bring up Xegony for example. If she dies too fast then the CC groups get overrun by having to deal with two waves of adds at the same time and we are hosed. Volkara is another example of this...so is Terris Thule.

Another thing to remember is that AH is not like a guild. We have a lot of people from different backgrounds, some that raid more then others. This means that there is a disparity in mana pools that you wouldn't see in a guild where people advanced mostly together. So this means that some people are just going to need some help to keep up. You can say what you want about a death cycle, but no matter what dps you are doing if we have no heals for the tank we have a serious problem right then. As far as I know our clerics never nuke on a serious fight, and our druids are normally on heals too after debuffs are on.

I do sit in the healer channel, and I haven't seen what I would consider some insane level of twitch requests. Usually I see the most during buffing or rebuffing after a wipe, and honestly during those times the faster we rebuff the faster we can try again or move on. Obviously I would prefer that all our clerics had the gear and mana pool to make it unnecessarily, but our people are doing the best they can. I know it is sucky and boring. So is running a four person fero rotation. It's just one aspect of the class you have to deal with. We all have good and bad points about our classes.
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I stated that I'm not ranting nor wanted it to sound like one. I am not saying anyone is nuking and asking for twitches, I'm only trying to make the point that no one should. We don't get a lot of twitching requests, you are correct. I'm merely trying to promote a part of my class that many likely misunderstand.
Oldwoolf
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shieara and Korinne:

I appreciate you weighing in on this topic and the point of it is to put twitching in the right context of when it should be used:

1. I do agree that we have a varying level of geared healers so I don't take a hard stance on twitching during AH Raids.

2. Twitching is appropriate for long fights where healers can not keep up with healing demands.

3. Twitching is appropriate for freshly rezzed clerics we need up and running quickly.

4. Twitching is appropriate for a buffers that are running out of mana and are holding up an otm.

However, I disagree with the statement "but don't tell the healers not to nuke and then ask for mana". That is exactly what we are saying, if a healer is nuking and can not keep up with healing then they should not be nuking. They are extremely efficient at healing, but not at nuking and certainly not nearly as efficient at dps as a necro.

If we are in a situation where the healing demands are beyond a healers mana pool, the best thing for the raid is to stick to healing only, and the necros will try to fill in the mana needs. To substitute a healers dps for a necros dps does not make sense and lowers overall raid efficiency.

I think in we are in agreement for the most part and only want to see successful raids.

Old Wolf
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldwoolf, I think that part of my post may have not been the clearest...my point was ....it doesn't need to be said becuase healers asking for mana because they were nuking doesn't happen. I didn't like the fact that it was brought up because in the 300ish raids I have attended....i have never seen that happen. So yes, I did get a bit touchy about that.

I am glad we are all on the same page now Smile

propertool
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See!?!?! First they get their own channel, then they start making demands.... uppity necros! Very Happy
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intent was to educate, not to reprimand.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to educate Kor this morning...with a switch!

She liked it though, so it was all for naught.
Oldwoolf
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
I had to educate Kor this morning...with a switch!

She liked it though, so it was all for naught.

Can I be next.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shi Sad what we do in the privacy of our bedroom shouldn't be here where young ones can see.....

If they want to know I have pics of you naked Smile they can just PM me.

Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, during this switching, did she twitch?
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder how much of a shock it was for Shieara to discover Korinne has the special ability Endless Quiver. Some Druids are just special.
Sareen
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korinne wrote:
If they want to know I have pics of you naked Smile they can just PM me.

I guess demand for nekkid Kor pictures isn't as high cause the market is flooded with them Wink

Ghraa wrote:
I just wonder how much of a shock it was for Shieara to discover Korinne has the special ability Endless Quiver.

And I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole!

My virgin eyes!!!!

*runs away*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: