Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 126
Members: 0
Total: 126
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Brainstorming and all on Xegony
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brainstorming and all on Xegony

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Brainstorming and all on Xegony Reply with quote

Okay, this is not a rant. I think all did really well on Xegony last night. Much better then our first attempt, and I think next time we will win. It went really smooth, handling the adds particularly. I'm going to comment on a couple things I noticed that need to be changed for our next attempt. If you saw something I missed, please post it. I obviously can't see the entire raid, especially with it split.

First the cc groups should push mobs towards the Xegony groups. If you push too far north or south, you will end up getting her adds. We discovered this the hard way, lol.

Second thing, guys her ae is 100 range. That is, incidentally, the range of the complete healing spell. Clerics, you have got to get an extended range item. ER2 is enough to handle complete healing. One pretty cheap one is the ceramic sword or war, or you can even go with the moonstone ring from guk. Or run tribute. ER2 tribute should be fairly cheap. I should have said something but I just thought all clerics would be running it. No idea why I thought that even, but anyways...if you have trouble getting one of these two items send me or Kor a pm. If you can't get oor of her ae we will never be able to beat her.

But anyways it was a very good attempt. I think each try keeps improving. Next time = win.
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First the cc groups should push mobs towards the Xegony groups. If you push too far north or south, you will end up getting her adds. We discovered this the hard way, lol.

There are 6 mob waves.

if the mob wave gets too close to the center and aggro an elemental guard- They hit for 1500s + rampage + nasty stun like the spiders, and have a ton of hp. These are the "Prismatic guard of Xegony" that added on pull#1 (hehe sorry). They have a pretty good aggro range too i believe. We dont wanna mess with these bad boys if we dont have to hehe.

Ichi...Ni...San...Shi...Striding ichiban... iki ma~su!
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seemed to handle the 1st wave easily enough on the 1st attempt, why not send the idle cc healers to help the main group, assuming no guard adds. Then after the wave is down re-shift them back to their cc group ?

We shifted forces quickly on the 2nd attempt and the extra add went down fairly smoothly, just dont really wanna do extra fighting we dont need too...
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one problem with shifting forces is a lot of the time people will accidentally agro one of the prismatic guardians of xegony. If we had any problems with the add waves thats a viable idea, but honestly we had the add waves completely controlled yesterday, and were even able to kill the guardian we had add.
Only big issue I see us having is the ch clerics being in her AE, they simply cannot be allowed that. it can and will keep whiping the raid, heck ill heck clerics camp the warlord in kc or something for an er item, as I see it once we solve that we will have xeg dead in no time.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so much more comfortable with this encounter after last night.

I do have a few questions:

I know there are 6 waves of adds; is it 99, 84, 69, 54, 39, 24 health that they come?

Does each of the waves only come north OR south (ie never both on same wave)?

Assuming that the answer to the last question is yes, what, if anything, is the other CC group supposed to do while the adds are being handled on the other side?

Ok now to my suggestion which I expect will be unpopular.

I think we should take the time (couple nights or so) to complete a few more Xegony island keys. The fastest way to get to her imo is to fight there as we did last night and just pop up there, and given that many of our SLs have 2/4 or 3/4 key parts already I really think folks would be more into doing Xegony if we could avoid the lulls in the action that we have to deal with as a result of having only one key.

I really think it woudl be worthwhile. I mean, I have done PoP flag mobs over and over and over with AH to backflag others. I don't see why we should slum it on Xegony (ie I would rather be clearing air rings than doing almost ANY pre elem pop flag or 69 spell rune mob, and I think most of our members with any significant tenure would probably agree).
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearing up takes an hour and a half, necro cothing half an hour. when we only get 3 hours to raid at the best of times thats a big reason why we shouldnt clear up. as to doing dust ring itself well, best time we did it in DB was about 4 hours, and that was with knowing what to expect, which I dont believe any of us do.

levels and aa will have trivialized it to some extent of course. but really how many times do we plan to do xegony? not enough to make it worth that time expenditure in one ring imo. as to your other question, adds sometimes will split and each side gets half.
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olidan wrote:

Does each of the waves only come north OR south (ie never both on same wave)?

Its Random. Thats why communication is needed for this. IF adds come from North, Someone should announce it. If they come South, same thing. The Adds will bee-line to Xegony. The sides need to grab them before they make it to her. They come per 15% of Xeg's Hps so we need to watch pets. IF Xeg is beaten down too much while a side is handling adds, they will be on both sides or Overwelm 1 side.

No One Should be Cutting across the middle (the rainbow and 3 rocks)when DPS is asked for on the North/South Side. The side that go thru Xeg will be hit with the AE BUT since each side is balanced with healers/slowers/CC this shouldnt be bad. Keep tabs on your pets & when your asked to move side to side, Run along the Ledge of the isle.

Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the adds don't come from both sides at the same time???? That is news to me. Well that is very helpful and something I wish I knew last night. I think the groups were well balanced last night and we all were very controlled. Like Oli, I feel MUCH more confident and have a better feeling about this event after last night.

Positioning and healing need to be tweaked. I think that we will need to have a couple of druid spot healers on the MT until Xegony is debuffed and slowed. IMO one druid should be in the Xegony group for debuffs and spot heals for the clerics/tank.

On the initial pull I would like to have two groups closer to xegony than we were so that the healers in those groups can watch the MT until the loop settles, and the mob is debuffed. Last night my group wasn't taking dmg and had I been closer I could have helped spot heal Baulz.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raid is split on both sides to grab the adds since ANY of the Waves can be randomly chosen to Intercept Xegony assailants. There are 2 nasty waves to deal with (i think SPiders are one of them). The North/South Teams act like the initial DPS force to intercept the adds.

When the North or South Adds are known, The side not busy can help DPS down the adds SO as long Xegony doesnt fall 15% before the Adds are done.

Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extended range is not the only problem for the clerics with the ae. i have extended range 4 or 5 (not sure which) and i was constandly moving in between heals but it seemed to me that no matter what side of baulz i moved to xegony moved as well which made her impossible for me to get out of range of.. i dont know if it just looked that way and was not true or if i had enough agro to move her but no enough for her to actually hit me? i am more than willing to try something new i just dont know what the answer is.. it is possible that after the fight started i didnt move to the extent of my full range.. i know i started at my full range tho... well just my 2 cents worth thanks Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Mindle
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: CH loop Reply with quote

What about decreasing the pause time for the CH loop, Baulz went down on my cast and I just had a tiny sliver till the cast would have gone off, this cast was also in sync with the loop, I say this because it was a challenge staying in range to cast.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are definitely going to tighten up the loop.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I deleted one of Kor's double posts.

I'm not sure how to fix positioning on this fight. Honestly, with only 2-3 people on her there just shouldn't be too much push. Maybe next time we are up there we will try pinning her against the wall. I'll try to think of a mob we can practice on that isn't a 30 min thing to clear to.

Kind of off-topic, but if you are missing a vital class focus effect (IH5 for clerics/druids, buff extension, etc.) please let us know. We will investigate the options and see about obtaining something for you to bring your focus effects up to par. That's why AH loots everything that is droppable but not claimed after all, to help our members get stuff to help us raid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: