Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 176
Members: 0
Total: 176
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - MPG Trials & Anguish Sigils (Anguish Key)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MPG Trials & Anguish Sigils (Anguish Key)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: MPG Trials & Anguish Sigils (Anguish Key) Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone is working on these and would be willing to assist a few who would like to start this process?

My guild is not of a level to attempt this key as a collective group and I wanted to see if anyone had a similar interest in obtaining it?

I noticed that someone was leading MPG Trials at one point about a month ago but I was unable to participate as I was not yet a member. I have never attempted the trials and don't know much about the strategy, but I learn fast. I figured there might be some others in that position, as well, and we could get something going soon. Wink

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MPG trials for anguish access are Raid Trials beyond AH's ability.

The MPG Group Trials are what some folks had been leading, but they have nothing to do with accessing Anguish.

Signets are all one groupable and for the most part are good xp. You have to complete the signet quest to go to Anguish even as a piggy, so might be worth it to do it.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it was the MPG Trial groups and the Sigil groups that I saw forming. I do have a question though. If MPG Trials requires a raid to get keyed, what are the MPG Trial groups mainly for?

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Kyndraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completion of the group trials results in approx. qvic level gear after completion of each trial, and a total of 6AA called Trials of Mata Muram that I believe gives an increase of 5 to all resists per trial completed. Thus finishing all the trials is worth 30 to all resists. That is if I remember correctly.
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously want to get these done, so please send me a tell when you need some firepower.

Tried the weapons trial a few days ago, but the cleric ran out of mana on the last mob, as usual I was the only survivor of the resulting wipe, threw a quick heal on my pet when I was the only one left and gated out (sorry any of you guys if you read this)

So far I have RSS and RCOD signets.

Who wants to marry me? I need a new pet!

Placos A'tropine,
Level 64 Dark Elf Warrior,
12 AAs
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunantly the MPG trials don't increase resists by 5, they increase resist CAPS by 5.

Great loot for the time and effort. I've completed all the trials several times. Its not primarily a matter of firepower on most. Most rely more on teamwork and every member of the team knowing EXACTLY what to do at any point in time.

Willing to do trials any time. I find them fun, worth the time in AA and the BEST source of loot for folks in non-anguish level raiding guilds.

Fair warning though, I have noticed many pickup group people give up to easily. 4-5 failed trials and they just seem to throw up thier hands and quit. As I've said, I have completed them all several times but the flipside is I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many failures i've had as well.

DON'T QUIT.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the rewards for the trials are really great and yes they are hard. The DoDh spell missions are also extremely challenging and yield very good loot. I mention this because they are almost equivalent in gear quality. I have been on 2 successful mpg trials and ummm *cough* in the double digits failed ones. I am going to agree with Ghraa that it takes teamwork and everyone knowing what to do and how to work together and to react to different situations. One of the successful ones I went on was with Ghraa....if you want to do a trial, a good idea is to have a veteran Smile

Good luck to you!

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the few that actually has more wins than fails, only because I was fortunate enough to be a 6th in a very well orginized group that had taken all the frustrations of fails out before I met them. Trials are a very good source of loot, most items have very nice effects on them, such as +10 strikethrough + Accuracy and a nice 45% haste belt, a beautiful 2hblunt in weaponry, and a very nice 1hb in fear.

The main trick is to get 5 or 6 people together that can be a regular thing, grouping 1-3 nights a week in a trial or not just so you get to know each persons reactions and playstyle, because you will not have enough time to type instructions during a trial, you must rely on the others doing what is needed without prompting. A regular group can get by swapping out 1 person and still win, but much more than that your chances are reduced simply because you may not know that this necro preffers to dot than twitch, or this ranger can't off tank like this other ranger you are used to, etc... If you are serious about winning trials, find a group you can put together repeatedly, and suffer through the first 10 losses, because that 12th attempt you win will make you jump for joy.

there are write ups on most all the trials in the library, so feel free to read through them to get pointers.

and if you ever need a ranger I am more than willing to go along, as the XP is good getting there, and during the trial. the content is exciting and fun and really is challenging.

One thing to think about: to win these trials you really need to be well equipped to start with, pure DPS should have 1:1 ratio weapons or better, tanks need 12K Minimum (preffer 13K+) healers need a ton of mana and CC needs to be quick.

Do not throw 6 people together and say lets go do a trial, unless your group makeup is capable of the certain trial you are looking to do, as all require a slightly different makeup and certain people with certain abilities.

-Auldaen
Cantinal
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Trials Reply with quote

I have only tried one trial so far in the time i have been around and notice that they are rather hard and you do need to know what to do, since i did not and most of the other people in the group did not we failed but was still ok exp for the time spent there and only 2 people died on that one i think so it was still time well spent. Incidently if i could join someone with it Cantinal is always ready to travel.

Cantinal Moonmaker
70 enchanter
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: