Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 247
Members: 0
Total: 247
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Elgluth, alts, mains, looting, etc.
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elgluth, alts, mains, looting, etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Elgluth, alts, mains, looting, etc. Reply with quote

This deserves it's own post.

First let me state a couple things. First, for any who aren't aware of the situation that came up last night what happened is this. Earlier in the day I asked several people to go ahead and get ready to do Jailor runs. My intention was to go ahead and do several kills in succession.

Six of us went ahead and did it. I had asked Suegar/Elgluth to use his warrior, because my plans were to do Goblin Dojo afterwards and tanks are very valuable in that instance.

A weapon dropped...pretty decent one. I was asked if Elgluth could bid and I said yes. My reasons were doing this were that there has always been an under-the-counter policy that if a person were asked to use an alt instead of a main, they bidded with the main's dkp on items. Also, after him spending an hour on the quest, then waiting 45 minutes to trigger for a neck item he wouldn't even use I felt it was wrong and unfair to not allow him to have a chance at it.

With that said, I made several mistakes. First, I should have announced in raidsay that I was asking him to use Elgluth. Or at least announced in the chat channel so that people would know what was up. To be honest with everyone, I still feel it was fair for him to get to roll. I think ~two hours deserves a chance at loot. However, it is obvious that others do not feel the same way.

I cannot remove the loot he won. I also cannot penalize him, since the mistake was mine. I will be removing my dkp and starting back at 0. In addition, I will freeze Suegar/Elgluth from looting until I have a chance to talk with him and resolve the situation. I do not kid myself that this is the best solution, however, it is just about the harshest penalty I can think of for myself.

If you have any more concerns or issues, please feel free to pm or email them to be. I'm not going to let this expand into a flamefest, but polite comments are acceptable.
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/looks confused

"With that said, I made several mistakes. First, I should have announced in raidsay that I was asking him to use Elgluth. Or at least announced in the chat channel so that people would know what was up. To be honest with everyone, I still feel it was fair for him to get to roll. I think ~two hours deserves a chance at loot."

I agree that this was fair, and yes announcing in raid say would have been good.

"I cannot remove the loot he won. I also cannot penalize him, since the mistake was mine."

Again I agree he should not be penalized.

"I will be removing my dkp and starting back at 0."

/smack
What the HELL are you thinking. I believe any mistake you made was minor at the very worst. Certainly all the work that you, Korinne, Wendaen, and all the other Squad Leaders put in at no extra "pay" in the form of points more than offsets a slight miscommunication on your part or any other officers part for that matter.

And if you are so set in taking away your DKP, then zero out mine too !!!
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only completely agree with Darby.

Sulsil
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather lose all my dkp then lose members respect for me as a leader. I always try to do what I feel is fair, but in this instance I failed. Maybe I can have a new beginning and try not to make this kind of mistake again, as well as show I am serious about it.

I thought about banning myself from raids for awhile but, I dunno, maybe I am being prideful but I like to think they go smoother when I am there. So I felt it would be counterproductive.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a problem with this situation.

Maybe it should be added to the charter that if a certain class is needed and not available, someone may be asked by an officer to logon an alt with all the benefits as if they had logged on their main.

I certainly wouldn't go DKP suicidal over it. /shrug

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darby - at the risk of opening a can of worms....SLs do get a very minor reward DKP wise when they act as an SL during the raid. However, that being said, I do agree with everyone in saying that the very very small reward in no way can compensate for time and effort spent.

Shieara and I both agree that things could have been handled better in this particular situation and rather than look on what has been done as a punishment, it was more a gesture of good faith I guess. I think it was harsh, but it was done and we have all learned from it.

We all just want to get back to what we are here for ...and that's to play EQ and have fun killing stuff we couldn't kill on our own Razz

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korinne is at 0 dkp too? i think you are both crazy and over reacting. if you feel that it is nessacary to punish yourselves for making a judgment call that you find to be in error thats fine... i dont agree but you are entitled to make that desision. you both have to make judgement calls all the time and sometimes people are not going to like what you deside. that sucks but it comes with management. what if someone else had made a mistake? would you be so harsh in punishing them?? i understand that you are kinda going over board so that people doint think that you are not punished enough or that you dont take it serously when you make a mistake, but you have both worked very hard for all of us and ask for so very little in return.. i just think that you both deserve more.

(btw i am in no way admiting that your judgement call was wrong, only that you presieve it to be.)
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Hearrun
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Darby!
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is going on here, you asked someone to do something so we could kill another target for a chance for more loot for the group as a whole, how is that wrong????

If someone is that bent on being upset over a piece of loot then they are in the wrong place. I am here for the raiding and the uber kickass friends I have made. We only killed the jailor 6-7 times in succession, I have not seen any guild do that yet. I agree you should not have punished yourself Shiera you made a call as a leader, so what if you made a mistake in communication. These things happen all around the world everyday.

Celios
Hearrun
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with celios Smile

can's speak for self at all obviously Embarassed
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, this is silly. There is no reason anyone should lose their DKP over it. FFS we are all human and noone here is perfect. Back the hell off whomever is bitching and lets kill stuff.

I mean sheesh these guys lead sucessful raid after sucessful raid and mess up once by not telling everyone something and ya jump on em?

Grrrr
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Darby, Pretty, Xyyth, and Celios. Rolling Eyes

Ok past is past lets go bash the bad guys!

Ardnasc
Calib
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I donate my DKP to Korinne and Shieara? I don't need em.
Calib
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a different note! I just checked my raids attended and think I will retire now. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: