Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 108
Members: 0
Total: 108
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Tribbulations and the Ghraa that endures
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tribbulations and the Ghraa that endures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tribblelet
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Tribbulations and the Ghraa that endures Reply with quote

Hello all, it is I the one and only who put Trib into Tribbulations.

I thought that you all might like a word from me and an update in the process.

We are now home and doing our best to find a spot where we are comfortable with what has transpired. I am doing my best to be upbeat for Mike and he for me.

There are times when it's a day at a time or a minute at a time. But we're making it.

Mike is taking it a little harder than I am. But, then again I had all that time to lay in the bed and think and grieve ahead of time and Mike didn't "think" that way. I had hope, but at the same time I wanted to be realitic with myself.

My blood count is almost back up within the normal range. I'm thrilled with that. Some of you might be wondering if we are going to try again. Well, Of course we will!

I'll always miss the chances to love and be loved by my second born but I'm not scared off by this experience.

You will all see me around as I get better and Mike too.
Hugs and Kisses
Tribblelet
Klaanu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Hey Trib! Reply with quote

I am finally in the app stages of AH. I was very saddened to hear that you were going through such an ordeal. I am very happy however that someday (now that I hear you are doing better) I will be able to raid with you. You were the very first person who told me about AH and while it took me forever to get to the app stage I am hoping to make you be pleased with having had enough faith in me to ask me to apply. I hope that you know my thoughts are with you and your family and hope that you all feel less pain as time goes on even though I am sure it will take some time before you are ready to come play games I am hoping that it is sooner rather than later.

Nin
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribb, I didn't post in the other thread because I wasn't sure what to say. When it comes to emotional stuff...well...lets just say it is not my strong point.

However, I am really glad that you are feeling better at least physically. It is also good to hear that you are trying again.

I hope to see you both back when you get to feeling better. Hopefully we will have lots of new fun encounters in EQ for you to look forward to when the time comes. Until then, you have my best wishes and I hope that you drop in from time to time to keep us updated on your progress.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend's brother and his wife went through the same thing several years ago and they now have both a boy and a girl. I know another person who went through this and they later had a son. So, don't give up.

I am so sorry for what you've both had to endure.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really wonderful that you can stay up beat thru all of this. i know it cant be easy, but you are very strong to be able to put on a brave face for all of us sitting helplessly in our own homes so far away. hang in there and i hope to see you back in game as soon as you are able Smile
lots of big hugs Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Kiliana
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we all know that women are really the stronger sex -My love to you and hugs
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

I also did not know how to express to you my sincerest condolences and the fact that I went through this about 1 1/2 ago with my wife. We were not nearly as far along as you guys were, but it messed us up just the same. It was a trying time, but we made it through the period, and we are still close. Hopefully the same can be said with you and the hubby.

GL to both of you in trying again as well.

Vudu
Smaben
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not good with words as I tend to keep my emotions bottled up. Though I dont know what your going through and I wont lie that I do. I do know I would rather never find out. I dont know what I would do if I was in that place... Theres nothing I could say that would ease the pains but I'm truly sorry for your loss and I truly hope you dont endure more pains of loss just dont lose hope... My mom misscarried 3 times tho i know its not the same thing but i prolly wouldnt be here if she didnt... ok im done. I wish you both a happy future...
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are no words that can be said to truly make a situation such as that any better, but my sympathies nonetheless.

I figured I would just share a similar family situation with a happy ending to give you some hope down the road.

My mom had me on her first try. Pregnancy and everything was perfect in every way. Shortly after, she wanted a girl. She got pregnant and everything appeared to be fine, but then she got some very strange blood disease that basically killed the platelets that cause blood to clot. To make a long story short, my mom ended up having 6 misscarriages over a 10 year period. She was about ready to give up but decided to try one last time. She ended up having a perfectly healthy baby girl 12 years after me. She often tells me that the joy of having had my sister is more than worth the pain she endured during the miscarriages.

So I guess what I am saying is that even though the pain may be great now, don't lose hope and I am sure down the road you will ultimately get a healthy child that you will love very much.
webersoze
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for your loss - my best to you both during a difficult time Sad
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with so many others, what do you say in a time like this, how do you convey your sympathies and wishes when all you want to do is curl up in a ball and scream at the world that you feel has betrayed you. No words can help, only time...

Family and friends moral support, and having people there for you help, and the silent communication in a look or a touch heal more than words can say...

my heart weaps for you, and my prayers go out to you. My sister has had a similar experience, she is a writer, and wrote a story about it, If you care to read it:

http://www.literarymama.com/creativenonfiction/archives/000582.html

The strength of the human spirit is amazingly resilient, I am so happy to hear that this will not keep you from trying again. I welcomed my son into this world Friday, and felt all the joy one could hope for, something I hope you can experience again.

Love and wished to you all

-Auldaen
Tribblelet
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely beautiful Auldaen. Do I grieve for my girl? Yes, I do. Do I feel betrayed by my body? In a way I do. Can I see a future without her? Yes, I do. I will always have the stray thoughts that pop into my head, crowded there from my heart as my life unfolds. Laura would be so old now... Laura would enjoy gardening with me... Laura would love jumping on the trampoline with Lana. Laura would think snuggling with Daddy listening to music on the computer watching the image generator was the best thing in her tiny world.

I know when my next child comes along that when I hold it. It will not be just for itself that I hold it. I will be thinking of Laura. When I watch the wonder on Lana's face to have another sibling, I will be wondering if Laura is on her mind. I can feel the pain that shoots through Mike's heart when he snuggles our next child in his favorite rocker; his thoughts on Laura and how he didn't get to rock her surrounded by the sound of crickets and the flash of the fireflys. Some things I just know.

My spirits are up because I don't feel forsaken by God, my body or the Dr.'s who treated me. God uses each of us as a tool. Even when we don't know that he is doing it or even if we believe in him. I firmly believe that I lost that sweet little baby because it wasn't meant for "her" to be mine. She will always be special in my heart. Was there ever anyone who was in your life for just a moment? Who impacted you forever? Perhaps by Laura being my "for Just a Moment" baby... Maybe, Just Maybe I was someone who changed someone forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: