Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 189
Members: 0
Total: 189
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Tipt Thursdays - Starting February 23rd
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tipt Thursdays - Starting February 23rd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Tipt Thursdays - Starting February 23rd Reply with quote

So, we are moving right along and a bit ahead of schedule. For the most part we are done with PoP pre-elemental targets. This doesn't mean we will never do Agnarr again, but it does mean that a substantial number of people will have to need the target before it is considered. We will be doing SRT and possibly Saryn before I consider our work complete in pre-EP.

It is time for the begining of our push into GoD. Wendaen and Culdahl are almost ready to trigger Ikkinz raids 1/2. However, before they can do so we need a "mini-raid" in KT. In addition, before Afterhours can raid GoD we all need to take the basic single group step of having won the Tipt trial.

So with that said, we will be devoting Thursday nights to Tipt trials for awhile. Fridays will remain epic nights. For our other two nights we are looking towards finishing DoN flagging, working towards Xegony for those that missed, beating the remaining two PoP gods, and loot targets.

A couple things here...first, I know that this is going to be a big burden to our enchanters and clerics. These two classes are pretty much required to do the trials. I want to thank you guys in advance for helping us do this. In addition, I will be testing a new policy with regards to Tipt and dkp.

Everyone who shows up on Tipt thursdays ready to run a trial will recieve .4 dkp to simulate what we would have won that night had we raided as normal. This means even if we couldn't fit you into a Tipt group (and lets not decieve ourselves, some people are going to be left out at first), you will still get credit as long as you show up. Win or lose you get .4 dkp.

For those running a successful trial you will gain an additional .3 dkp for the night. Also, anyone who does a successful Tipt trial that flags one of our members or applicants (not guests, applicants or members only) who has not been flagged before, even on a non-raid night will get .3 dkp as well. This means if you and your friends decide to run Tipt on Monday night and take a non-flagged AH member along you will get .3 dkp for your effort. All that you have to do to collect on this is pm or email me with who was in your group...that's it.

Like I said, this is a test of the system. My hopes are that a bonus will help motivate people to get this done. If we want to move into GoD, everyone has to win Tipt. It's going to be time consuming but we have to do this individually to advance the whole.

So I hope lots of people win Tipt and we can move into GoD soon.

Last edited by Shieara on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an observation:

Is there a way we may stagger nights for this? I only ask because I tend to not be on on thursdays as I devote it to RL. I realize his sounds a little selfish, but I am sure i am not the only one whos regularly misses one night regularly. I am sure i can swap another day once and a while, but was curious if I am the only one in this position, If so i would be happy to figure out a day to do this swap.

-Auldaen
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/cough

I will first recommend that you take advantage of my offer of dkp for doing it at any time. All you have to do is pm or email me the names of the group that went with you and you will get full credit (one reason I offered this).

With that said, it is likely we will make a few weekend runs on it to try to catch up for those who can't make Thursdays. But probably not until we run the majority of Thursday people through.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I can't tell you how excited I am to hear this news. Tipt! Tipt! Tipt! Very Happy

Has anyone been able to find a good GoD Progression Chart and a concise listing of all the trials on the internet? I can't seem to find anything that is recent and complete.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a pretty good thread around here somewhere actually, but until you've done these zones its kinda hard to figure it out. I'll bump that thread. I joined my guild while they were doing Ikkinz 4. This drop is for progression. Next you need Uqua. If you are KT flagged, then Ikkinz4 + Uqua = Qvic. Qvic isn't a progression zone, but it is the gateway to Inktu`Ta and Txevu. Drops from Ikkinz4 + Uqua + Inktu`Ta = Txevu. Txevu trials are where we are now.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the greatest progression chart. Usually I just pester my friends who have been through GoD for info.

But anyways, I have been taking it one step at a time. I *know* Afterhours can do the Ikk 1/2 trials if we can just gain access to them. I think they would be good targets for us too...the loot is decent (won't beat single-group trials from DoDh but we aren't all 100% geared from those, and those seem to lack some slots) and also it would be new and hopefully interesting to the majority.

Well, alright the real reason I want to do GoD is that people die a lot and I like to see Kor naked. Multiple times a night if possible Twisted Evil
Bosephus
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, alright the real reason I want to do GoD is that people die a lot

It would definately cure the everyone wanna be a tank syndrome.. Very Happy
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think on our first night we flagged...

Bosephus, Binro, Pragg (?), Donielae, Frendina, Soulh, Soadin, Elfbits, Meukus, Sareen, Smaben, Valensia, and Prettything.

We had five groups that went. 3/5 won the encounter. Kor's group wiped at the end, and Hearrun had to leave his after a wipe in the middleish part. These groups were most everyone in the raid. We did have a few that didn't get a chance at the flag (~5ish that needed but didn't get into a group), but hoping to remedy that the next run.

We will be doing Tipt again next week. It will either be Thurs again or we may move it to Saturday to give some non-thurs people a chance.

The dkp rules will be the same. Priority is going to be given to those who didn't make it into a group this run. However, please keep in mind that groups have to have a particular makeup for a chance at success.

Also I still want to encourage people to do it on non-raid nights. I think we made a big step here towards Ikkinz raids, and hopefully we will continue to move forward and be ready for GoD in mid-late March.
Pragg
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
Okay I think on our first night we flagged...

Bosephus, Binro, Pragg (?), Donielae, Frendina, Soulh, Soadin, Elfbits, Meukus, Sareen, Smaben, Valensia, and Prettything.

Actually, I was already flagged for Tipt. I was just there to help out Wink
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several of us made another 2 attempts at Tipt yesterday and failed.

1st Attempt: Enchanter charmed a hynid and it tore through a lot of the mobs while the rest of the group followed, but it kept breaking charm. We had to manage its breaks so much that we were wasting time and getting respawns. Halfway through the crawl, we had to evac due to about 6 adds. Cleric left "to eat" and never came back. I guess I don't blame her.

2nd Attempt: We tore through the mobs as a group and almost made it to the Riddler (question NPC) and thought we were doing great when 2 mobs popped directly on our Cleric (wasn't repops because we were killing and moving steadily), instantly killing her. A few others died before our druid evaced us back to entrance again.

The Tipt runs seem to start off so well with smooth killing and then we wind up getting mauled near the end. It's frustrating.

I'm looking forward to another attempt as I want to get this out of the way. With a good DPS group and everyone watching aggro and just dying if they get aggro instead of running them all back to group, it should be no problem.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay we had five groups go last night. Only one failed.

Got Mewkus, Ldidarjr, Ninini, Winvarenai, Kyrelth, Hemlat, Macanudos, Linglee, Tymst, Xotia (?), Phaok, Seastorms (?) all flagged now.

This upcoming week we will be picking a different night then Thursday to accomodate those who have a hard time making Thurs night raids. Not sure which yet, going to try to remember to take a poll on Saturday.

Probably another couple runs and we will be ready to try some content in KT.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone does the Tipt run this week outside of organized AH play, please contact me. I still need this flag.

I know I can handle my part 100%. We didn't have enough to form a few extra groups and many who were looking forward to getting this flag knocked out was left swinging in the wind.

Volsykat
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I still need this too...oh wait, I don't exist anymore Cool
Calib
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you will see from me after "Heya AH" is "Anyone need a War, Shm or Both". If you see this it means I will tank this for anyone that needs it. Just grab me when you see it and lets get it going.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Zanman and Raiztlin were also flagged last night in my group ...our group flagged 4.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xyyth, you seriously need to relax.

I pretty clearly stated that not everyone was going to get in at first. You got in on the first week for an attempt and didn't make it...no big deal. It was time for you to step aside and let some others have a turn trying this week. Next time we do it it will be your turn again.

Just be patient and we will get everyone through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: