Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 201
Members: 0
Total: 201
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Epic changes - read up
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Epic changes - read up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Epic changes - read up Reply with quote

Alright.

As we all know, we were forced to make a decision regarding epic nights due to running Time two nights in a row. Thursdays have typically been a low attendance night, and epics normally don't draw a crowd, but there really weren't a lot of better options. Thursday I know is kind of a gimp night due to other guilds raiding, and it being a weeknight, but anyways...

I just want to remind everyone that most of you got at least some of your epic fights through Afterhours. Our members supported you, and I hope that you will be there for them as well. Even those who are new deserve a chance at their epic 1.5. For a casualish person it is one of the best weapons they can get, adding greatly to their value on a raid (and thus our chance of success and your chance at getting dkp and loot).

So a couple measures we are taking. First, epic fights are going to be worth more dkp then they have been. Expect a decent increase there. Also, this is a prime night to invite guests and I want to encourage that. Most of these fights do not require flagging like Time or GoD does, so this is a great opportunity to show your friends what AH is about. Those who are on the epic list can now officially go into negatives for their final drop as well.

I am hoping we see an increase in attendance here in the next month or so. If not, we may have to consider that membership is not interested, finish those who are on the list, and move on to different targets that night. Please make your voice heard on this issue. I would like everyone to be working on your epic 1.5, but if membership doesn't have interest then we will find other targets that they are interested in.
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offering more DKP for epic fights is a great idea imo. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally find epic nights one of the more entertaining nights. Its like 3 raids in one night, who can argue with that?

Using a 17 damage weapon now, compared to the 21/22 damage 1.5 rogue dagger is a HUGE upgrade. Just ask Elg.

The only problem I have with the deal at all is the new night. I have bowling league every Thursday, and unfortunately RL > EQ. I'd love to finish off my rogue 1.5 someday, but I fear if it is only going to be done on Thursdays I may not get that opportunity (or the opportunity to help others). Perhaps a Wednesday or even some other day could be thrown in the mix now and then? I know I am only one person out of a whole bunch... and if Thursdays are going to be written in stone, so be it, I won't complain. But I figured I'd just throw that out there for the sake of discussion.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahallac wrote:
unfortunately RL > EQ

What is this obsession some of you seem to have with RL. Folks who take it so seriously give me the creeps.

Take some time off imo - put on an old bathrobe (preferably one that hasn't been washed for a while), lock your front door, sit down at your desk and make a commitment to stay there.

It may be tough love, but hopefully it will give you some perspective and show you that there can be EQ without RL.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plan is to move it back to Fridays once we are done with Time. I expect us to be running Time for a few months though.

This isn't just a night issue though. Even when we ran epics on Fridays attendance was low. Seriously, if people don't want to do it...well...
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I find epic night fun mostly due to getting to different zones that we normally don't spend a lot of time in.
I have noted that there are a fair number of epic fights with maximum numbers of folks allowed in the raid so perhaps a low turn-out is not such a bad thing.
I also think moving it around to different nights is a good idea to give folks with RL commitments more of a chance.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olidan wrote:
Nahallac wrote:
unfortunately RL > EQ

What is this obsession some of you seem to have with RL. Folks who take it so seriously give me the creeps.

Take some time off imo - put on an old bathrobe (preferably one that hasn't been washed for a while), lock your front door, sit down at your desk and make a commitment to stay there.

It may be tough love, but hopefully it will give you some perspective and show you that there can be EQ without RL.

Lol Oli... you make a compelling argument indeed! My old dirty unwashed robe has been calling my name lately....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: