Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 195
Members: 0
Total: 195
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - New time for Raids??
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New time for Raids??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Striatus
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Afterhours Reply with quote

Hmm Afterhours
What does this mean well to me and to so many of my good friends in Ah it mean, raiding later than most guildes. Hines forth Afterhours a Group of people from every dam guild on EQ to get to gether and Kick some God ass. Well moving back the clock i though wasnt cool to me, and I was kinda suprised at what all i see on replys . Good thing for most of it . And i know P1 only some can do it and p2 I and others will miss some Dkp wich is important But its the time i lose Raiding with my Friends that I will miss the most. I know the time change is only for time.But non the less still makes me a bit disapointed.But lets move on. I will BE looking forward to see all you of wednesday ,And I am very happy on so many coming to RAids as well as what the AH team HAs been doing Many thx Striatus
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry that this has turned out to be such a big thing. i was one of the people who suggested doing this. i hear all the arguements and i still think its a good idea to at least try for one day a week starting the hour early just to see how it goes for everyone involved. i know many of you disagree with me and some of you agree.. i also like many of the things the culdahl has suggested. i for one could use some of the drops from t1 and t2 but because the upgrade is minor and the reward is much greater later inthe evening i dont roll... and its not even so much that i mind spending the dkp (as long as its not 5 points hehe). if people are still really set on starting at 8:00 after they have given it a try that i think it would be great to get peopel ready to start at raid time in stead of still settign up.. when i first joined ah which wasnt all that long ago 8:00 was otm time.. not get there time.. and if you missed buffs because you got there at 8:00 you had to scrable to get them... i also like the idea of haveing the set groups.. the drops seem to be random that you can get them in any phase and things work alot better once you have gotten use to doing the same thing with the same people.. i went thru the first 2 run thrus of time with earth/air?? i think and we had some fumbles the first time but did much better the second time.. the third run thru i was in undead. now i dont mind doing new things and i like working with al of you and we did make it thru flawlessly, but i did feel more comforatble working with the same group and knowing exactly how much abuse the specific tanks can take and what buffs they like if they die and ned a quick rebuff.. and i also know that they know exactly how puney i am and i know i can count on them to do their best to get things off of me asap and if possible heal me in the mean time.. (i worry on occasion that people who and usually grouped with me might mistake me for hearrun the wondertank and think that i can live thru stuff lol.) well i guess i am just rambling at this point but in case it wasnt already clear my vote is to at least give it a try and i hope that in true ah spirit people do there best to enter it open mindly and really give it a chance for one night out of their lives.. maybe it will work and maybe we wont, but since when has that stoped us from trying Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is that all Afterhours means? Just a time...or maybe how much DKP you'll miss out on with an early start? One hour earlier isn't the end of the world. It's even been stated that it's temporary and not permanent.

Have some courtesy towards the players who are east of Hawaii and California. We lose a lot of players about 2 hours after we start buffing at the present time anyway.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Wendaen
Oh Silent One

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afterhours is a raiding alliance, DKP is important to new people so they can purchase upgrades. If they can't raid at the early start, they can't get dkp, simply as that. While i'm here, i like cul's idea of the set groups.

ps. I live on the east coast fyi
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't hold water again Wend. In fact, I haven't heard one solid argument against it from anyone except for the fact that it may not be needed on night two of Time (which may be true...not sure it is needed that night).

If people can't raid late they can't get the dkp either. In fact, if you do the math there is probably going to be more dkp missed in general by people that have to leave towards the end of Time, since the mobs are worth more. P1/2 is only giving .1 dkp per. I have to admit that personally I am baffled by why .1 dkp is such a huge deal to anyone. But then, I don't really get worked up over loot so maybe that is it.

As far as the "AH historically raids after hours", I am sure older members remember that we did used to raid at 7 pst sometimes. In fact, I remember starting raids at 6 pst as well as at 9. We also used to have Monday night raids too. So I am not doing anything we haven't already done as an organization. Try not to get so hung up on being there every raid. We all would like to do that, but RL demands make it impossible.

As far as set groups goes, we'll see. We have some core people that show up at near every raid, but we have a lot of flux too. It will depend on if I think we can make effective groups that will be present at every clearing. Maybe we can have one set group for each trial and partials for the others, filling their blank slots with whoever shows. I think you will see otm times decrease as piggies decrease as well.
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember 7 pm starts...and I liked them a lot because that meant I could attend 2 targets. When the time shifted to 8pm, I mostly attend only the first target because Im old and I need sleep since I will not compromise work the next day for a few dkp the night before. I say what ever works best for the whole is whats important, and a few may need to make sacrifices to better the group.
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and I think ghraa was just trying to show off his l33t computer skilz...
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know why we are even debating/discussing this. Did I miss the memo that AH was democratic now? Last I knew, It was up to the Officers and the Officers ONLY.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the question of set groups - while I'm fine and comfortable doing the un-dead trial, there is one (probably rare) drop from the Earthern Overseer on my list of things to bid on. I also think it is fun to do different things sometimes so as not to become bored.
On the subject of start times - I was one of those in a different thread to request the earlier start time for P1 of time. One thing I'd also like to see is us to actually go OTM at 8pm instead of 8:30 or even 9 - we could get more done in an evening if we actually start on time.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Calib
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pie!
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
Doesn't hold water again Wend. In fact, I haven't heard one solid argument against it from anyone except for the fact that it may not be needed on night two of Time (which may be true...not sure it is needed that night).

If people can't raid late they can't get the dkp either. In fact, if you do the math there is probably going to be more dkp missed in general by people that have to leave towards the end of Time, since the mobs are worth more. P1/2 is only giving .1 dkp per. I have to admit that personally I am baffled by why .1 dkp is such a huge deal to anyone. But then, I don't really get worked up over loot so maybe that is it.

As far as the "AH historically raids after hours", I am sure older members remember that we did used to raid at 7 pst sometimes. In fact, I remember starting raids at 6 pst as well as at 9. We also used to have Monday night raids too. So I am not doing anything we haven't already done as an organization. Try not to get so hung up on being there every raid. We all would like to do that, but RL demands make it impossible.

As far as set groups goes, we'll see. We have some core people that show up at near every raid, but we have a lot of flux too. It will depend on if I think we can make effective groups that will be present at every clearing. Maybe we can have one set group for each trial and partials for the others, filling their blank slots with whoever shows. I think you will see otm times decrease as piggies decrease as well.

By set groups I really just mean a set "core" group of people...in other words, earth/air needs 3 tanks (or a pseudo-tank) + puller + 1 or 2 chanters + appropriate healers. Once you've got this basic set you can fill in DPS as needed. If someone, like ard, wants to try a different trial for a drop (or entertainment) then have her send the trial leader a tell and replace her with a like class (IE - grab a tank from undead to replace her). It really shouldn't be that difficult to do imo and having that basic set-up the same should speed things up drastically.
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant seem to understand this thread for some reason but what i can see is that it is about plane of time. raiding 1 hour earlier and DKP(??).

just a few suggestions.

since people are either joining late or leaveing early, why not make all the sections of time equal in dkp earned, they all take about the same ammount of time(aside from p5(longer)-6(realllly short)). i see p1-2 currently are .1 dkp, did not catch the dkp for p3+ but i assume it would be much higher. if all the sections of time are equal in dkp then noone is losing out and noone will have anything to complain about, perhaps if you added some form of bonus for an entire clearing of time, will make a bit more sense maybe.

the loot in p1-2 should be nbged like trash items in elemental planes. the real stuff begins to drop in p3+, the p1-2 items are random and they drop alot, these items will rot very quickly being as how you need to do p1 2 times per clearing.

basic setups of groups for the trials(p1) should be something like this

1 cleric, 1 druid, 1 ench(needed in some trials to mez adds and slow if shaman is haveing problems), 1 bard(resist songs back up cc), 1 maintank(MT/MA), 1 shammy(can take a better beating then enchanter while slowing non agroed mobs), 1 wizard(teh dmg) and another tank for offtanking, the rest can be filler.

undead trials i would suggest using paladins(with proper aas will be good dps in this trial) make sure you have no further need for this group as they sit in undead trial till one of the trials wipes or p1 is done this is the one trial you can slack on imo.

just some suggestions.

ive just briefly(10 mins or so) skimmed over all of the posts, so some of this stuff may have been mentioned/taken care of already...

sorry havent been to raids much lately, just havent been all that into eq for a while, let account dry up and gave it to propertool. good to see you all made it to time though

ill be back in june or july i still play every now and then just not too often or too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: