Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 377
Members: 0
Total: 377
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Official Retirement Post
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Official Retirement Post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Official Retirement Post Reply with quote

Greetings,

I realize that this is a bit sudden, but I will no longer be raiding with Afterhours. This is not a reaction to any specific person or incident. It's something that I have been considering for awhile, but kept putting off because I hoped that my real-life situation would get better.

I can no longer devote the amount of time that AH really needs to run right. It needs a primary raid leader that can be there at least 75% of the raid nights. I can't provide that, mostly due to work and school. I was hoping that someone would come forth that was willing and able to put in that kind of time, but it just hasn't happened and I can't keep going on with 2-3 hours of sleep per night on raid nights. It's affecting my personal life (what there is of it) and professional.

I have been beta-testing Vanguard, and I hope to be moving there when the game is released. At that point I should have graduated from school though, so who knows what kind of time I will have. I hope to not have to leave online gaming altogether, though I do have a few console games that have been gathering dust.

I will be keeping track of the forums for awhile and please feel free to email me or pm me on this web site if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck to all of you and I do hope that you find a way to continue to advance in Everquest.
Deophi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent known you for long, but from and for the time I have I can say you will be deeply missed.

Your role in the Ahraiding is a very important roll of the wheel here!You and the rest of the SL team do one hell of a JOB,And it isnt easy I bet( just keeping up with the attendance is enough to drive most crazy).

Shieara. I would just like to say Thank you for all that you have done for this Crew(I like to think of it as a Team).That said you have my respect and its very high.

Hope you really advance in life even more, and I think you can really, just by the way you are able to lead us as you have done.

I hate to say Goodbye, because frankly Goodbye is something you say if your never ever gonna see,speak to that person again.So ill just say Take care for now, maybe we will meet again in Vanguard.

Edit- Oh and btw, give me your DKP points since you not gonna use!! Just kidden hun

Take care hun, your's truly Desirez
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/cries

You have made such a huge impact on my enjoyment of EQ for these last 2 years in AH...

You will be missed, dearly.

/hopes you'll still come out to play with us in a non-leader role ?!?
/looks confused

Thank You for all you have done for us !!!
/Hugs
Hearrun
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara, Very sorry to see you go but i totally understand. I wish i could have more time to play but real life does need to come first.

It has been a pleasure working with you and i hope you will stop in and say hi often.

Good Luck Shieara, Glad i got to be in the Sexy group!

Hearrun
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Shie, Thanks for the leadership and freindship you have shown AH. Sorry to haveyou go so soon. Please keep in touch.

Vudu
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with darby on this one... /confused... why not raid when you have time as a member rather than a leader.. i understand the damands of leading a motley group like us can be draining especially when you have real life concerns as well.. but many of us value you not only as someone to competantly lead us in the face of danger but as a friend, andsorrta as a guildie (i oftne consider afterhours my guild). or if raiding is completely unfesisable, will you have time to show up and group on ocasion at times that are more accomidating to your real life? would you still join the ah channel so that we can find you? if not and you will be on i guess we could add you to friends? i just hate to say goodbye and always hope there are more options.. im sure you have already thought most of these things out and if this is the only answer you have been able to reach then i send you off with the best of wishes and a /big bear hug and a tear in my eye. you will definatly be missed.
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Klaanu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: retirement Reply with quote

I am sorry to see you go Shieara. Although I didn't have time to get to know you very well I must tell you that you are an awesome leader, a great player, and a friend to a lot of people here. You will be missed very much and if you can at least pop in once in a while and say hello I bet you would get very warm reception.

Nin
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara, you are always welcome to join us in whatever we are doing in whatever role you want (whether it be friend, member or squad leader or a sometimes raid leader).

I understand this is something that you need to do. I will miss you more than you know.

Here is to the best friend a druid could have =) /TOAST!

/hugs and Keep in touch !

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Atuin
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and simple....you just can't leave us!!!! Shocked

You will be missed. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Atuin
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the road ahead wherever it may lead.

To say you'll be missed is such an understatement. Good luck dealing with the withdrawls!

All the best to you.
Xikshaaz
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara im truely sad to see you go.....i know we wasnt what you would call friends, but i highly respected you ( and thats not something i just give away, its hard earned ) you will be missed by this monk, i hope you recieve everything you desire out of life. would love to see you log in from time to time and say hello. i for one would give you a warm welcome. as previously stated me and goodbyes just dont mix, so i will say this......best wishes and warmest prayers in your journey through life, hope you find the " pot of gold at end of the rainbow "

your friend and comrade

Xikshaaz
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys thanks for all the kind words. You may see me from time to time, and I do believe I have a couple months left on the account before I have to make a final decision one way or another.

To answer a few questions I am getting in pms, no I am not angry at anyone from Afterhours. I still consider myself a part of it and if I am online you will see me in channel. I just don't quite have the time that I used to and there comes a point where you have to stop and realize that you are trying to bail out that sailboat with a sieve. In other words, I was holding you back because you weren't actively looking for someone to replace me, yet I was unable to do the job I needed to do.

Who knows, if my real-life settles down I may be able to rejoin you on a semi-permanent basis. /shrug
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm, I can't get into specifics with you due to the NDA.

I *can* say that the game definitely has it's problems and I do not think it will be finished at launch. I think that after the release of the (mostly) done WoW this will hurt them. In addition, they seem to have run into some recent confusion and decided to become more casual friendly....which is cool but should have been done earlier.

However, I think the game, despite it's issues, has a lot of potential and I am looking forward to playing it.

Sorry, maybe I can tell you more at a later date.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - another reason for Shie to stop in and say hi! Was good to see youu when you did the other day. I'm hoping that you will do so whenever RL and stuff allow.
As for raids we have some good folks who have learned a lot from your leadership and are doing well growing to fill the spot. We can always use Fluffy (and someone to hold the leash)!

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official Retirement Post Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
Greetings,

I realize that this is a bit sudden, but I will no longer be raiding with Afterhours. This is not a reaction to any specific person or incident. It's something that I have been considering for awhile, but kept putting off because I hoped that my real-life situation would get better.

I can no longer devote the amount of time that AH really needs to run right. It needs a primary raid leader that can be there at least 75% of the raid nights. I can't provide that, mostly due to work and school. I was hoping that someone would come forth that was willing and able to put in that kind of time, but it just hasn't happened and I can't keep going on with 2-3 hours of sleep per night on raid nights. It's affecting my personal life (what there is of it) and professional.

I have been beta-testing Vanguard, and I hope to be moving there when the game is released. At that point I should have graduated from school though, so who knows what kind of time I will have. I hope to not have to leave online gaming altogether, though I do have a few console games that have been gathering dust.

I will be keeping track of the forums for awhile and please feel free to email me or pm me on this web site if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck to all of you and I do hope that you find a way to continue to advance in Everquest.

Wow! It seems I've missed out on a lot of important news this summer. I'm sorry you feel you need to leave permanently, Shieara. I do hope you can get to a point where you can get everything balanced out and will reconsider, even if you are just logging on for scheduled raids. I am also beta testing Vanguard so I understand how much time has to be split between the two games and then work. You will be missed and I hope you will continue to keep in touch here. The new expansion coming out sounds like it might be one of PoP quality.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormrazor wrote:
cool I am only curoius on genral if you think good or not since I played with alot of you awhile back and know you are all as demented as me when it comes to games I can value your opion on if its good or not hehe....I hate to say it but even EQ cant last foever hehe,got to find where we might all go someday

I would take a look at both Vanguard and Warhammer. Other than those two, there's not much elsewhere to go unless you want to raid in Toontown (WoW). Trying to get everyone in the same game and on the same server isn't going to be easy unless the whole messageboard pre-plans it as a whole.

Personally, I think this new EQ expansion coming out sounds like the best in years. There is still also a lot to be done in PoR expansion as well as GoD and OOW.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps worthy of mention is that Neverwinter Nights 2, which will be released soonish. I know it is not a MMORPG but a regular group of friends and I still use the first one to play some, and I had a chance to play with the second at Gencon. The toolset rocked...looking forward to creating a module on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: