Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 118
Members: 0
Total: 118
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Need an AAAA? Talk to Zenshiss!
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need an AAAA? Talk to Zenshiss!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Need an AAAA? Talk to Zenshiss! Reply with quote

Now that AH is back to farming Shyra (great job by the way, really wish I could still be attending these kills!), I wanted to let everyone know that for the last month+ I've been working on a tradeskill plus tinker cleric to be a one stop shopping toon for AAAA's.

For those that aren't aware, getting your bazu stone (from Shyra) is just the first step in a pretty long and involved process. I have provided an overview post of all the steps to make your Bazu aug, but this post is to list options for how you can get an AAAA made at what should be a much lower cost than just buying one from RandomBazaarToon_xxxx.

The basic cost decision points were:

--cost of purchased materials (vendor)
--cost and availability of purchased materials (bazaar)
--relative time required to farm rare components
--who assumes the risk of subcombine failures.

I've come up with three different "styles" that we think will help various people get their AAAA's the easiest, without killing us in the process, either plat or time wise.

Most rare items required for AAAA farming

1 coiled spring : various mobs in PoInnovation
5 Clockwork Gnome Bolts : creep reapers in Corathus Creep
4/8 blocks of unrefined ore (large or small)
--Note: you may get lucky and find a combination of vendors that will sell the 126 large blocks of refined high quality ore needed for the smithing, but they only spawn with 100 blocks. There is however a quest you can do to resupply the vendor (it actually despawns and respawns him with 100 blocks), but you wil probably need to do the resupply quest at least 2 times.
1 Shadowmane Pelt -- NOTE: only drops in the Shyra instance. Raid looters, please save these. If AH leaders are willing to donate them to AH AAAA construction that would be excellent, or we can work out a purchase option.

"I'm a tradeskill junkie!"

NOTE: You assume all the risk for this option, and you must also perform all the non-tinker subcombines (or have someone else make a particular item). I normally have backup components in stock, but for rares and purchased components you'll need to be ready for any failures.

This option is for those that already are addicted to tradeskills themselves, and/or have already levelled up the following skills:

Smithing : > 180 or so (note: ironically, since there is so much smithing involved, this can be the most costly set of failures per AAAA. The actual trivial requirement however is quite low--151-ish).

Jewelry : roughly 200 will get you relatively safe combines.

Tailoring : 252 : there are 2 combines that require a common drop, expensive vendor purchased platinum thread, and a skinning knife. Korinne can do this one easily, so don't worry if you don't have it.

Brewing : 182 -- there is a minor combine that requires some brewing.

Pottery : there is one combine that is pretty trivial.

If you want to do all the work yourself and simply hand Zenshiss all of the items (this includes doing ALL the farming, as well as the combines), then you should compile all of the items found in this list of AAAA components and contact Zenshiss when you are ready.

Chances are that I will already have in stock the more common components if you don't happen to get one of the farmed items, but don't count on us having the above listed rare items in stock.

Based on historical rates so far (working on my 5th AAAA), this method will probably cost you roughly 20k of personal funds, and between 10 and 20 hours of farming depending on your drop rates. All of the combines needed to be done by me are free.

"Let's roll the dice!"

Note: This is a mixed risk option. I will cover the risk of making all of the subcombines that do not involve rare items (mostly the smithing work), while you will cover the risk for the rare items listed above--in other words, if I fail making a Block of High Quality Steel, I'll just make another one, but if I fail making a subcombine that requires a coiled spring, I'll probably need another one from you.

Basically, you provide the rare components listed above and pay for the vendor costs for the purchased items, and I do all the work. However, if combines fail that include rare or expensive items, you'll need to re-supply to have the combine attempted again unless we happen to have a huge backstock.

For this option, you'll need to provide the 5 clockwork gnome bolts, the coiled spring, and 30k plat to cover the costs of the rest of the ingredients (including a bit of slop to cover failures).

"I got no time for this, just make it!"

Note: I assume all the risk for this option. You pays your money, you gets your AAAA.

This version is basically a vastly reduced "AH member rate" for simply having an AAAA made for you, no farming/components required. Current market price for AAAA's purchased in the bazaar is 125k to 200k. I am going to try to see if I can effectively produce these at this option for 80k, but please realize that this cost may go up or down over time depending on how effective it really is.

I would really like to hear people's thoughts regarding the options, the fairness/cost of them, etc, so let 'er rip!

Final Note: The AAAA is just one part of all of the steps needed for your Bazu Aug. I'll have another post up describing the process, as well as the other portion required to determine what flavor of aug you want.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having finally gotten my blacksmithing to 300, I took a look at preparing my chronal seal which also requires an AAAA. I have looked at the sub-combines I think your offer is more then fair and will be farming the bolts and such as time allows. Smile

Now to look up the instructions on 'cutting' an aug and see what I need to skill up in to do that. Wink

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a bazu stone on the last shyra raid so am in the market for an AAAA. My play time has been curtailed of late and I got a purse fulla plat so I think the "buy it now" option is best for me. I would rather buy from an AH member even at standard bazaar prices+1 so just set a price and lets do some trading.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghraa wrote:
Well, I got a bazu stone on the last shyra raid so am in the market for an AAAA. My play time has been curtailed of late and I got a purse fulla plat so I think the "buy it now" option is best for me. I would rather buy from an AH member even at standard bazaar prices+1 so just set a price and lets do some trading.

I can probably have one for you late tonight, or raid tomorrow. Price above, if you can bring any of the rare components that would rock Smile
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been assisting some in Zen's efforts to be an AAAA machine and I can tell you its been a long road of farming and skilling up Razz The research combine is the one that might post a bit of a challenge but everything else between the two of us we can get done for you.

If you are a 250+ researcher you might want to do the quest and be the "researcher" for AH so that AH has a resource for all components for the Bazu Aug.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm actually I've been toying with that idea since once upon a time, long long ago, I actually used to like tradeskilling. Of course this was back in the "coldain prayer shawl" era so all my skills are sorely lacking. I think my research skill is only around 120 something. I wouldn't even know where to begin nowadays and is likely a very long and difficult road to skill it up.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Sad its very very painful

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY MANY MANY MANY thanks to Zenshiss for my shiney new AAAA. UNBEATABLE price and wonderful service. Even gave me assistance on what other components I needed and where I should try to obtain them.

Zenshiss be da man.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghraa wrote:
MANY MANY MANY MANY thanks to Zenshiss for my shiney new AAAA. UNBEATABLE price and wonderful service. Even gave me assistance on what other components I needed and where I should try to obtain them.

Zenshiss be da man.

I'm just glad we could accomodate you bud Smile Can't wait to see your new item!
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to check tonight but if memory serves, my enchanter is at 250 research. If that is the case I would be happy to take on the responsibility of helping others in this area.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleax wrote:
I will have to check tonight but if memory serves, my enchanter is at 250 research. If that is the case I would be happy to take on the responsibility of helping others in this area.

Ok, I'll be on the lookout for a holepuncher...they are 412 trivial to make (damned hard in other words), but I may be able to buy one for 100k or so.

You'll need to do a quest from Belfast which is easy, just a bit time consuming. Let me know here or privately and I can give you some info if you have 250 Smile
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Zen around in a while so may need a bit of help.

I've farmed, smithed, and tailored most of the items needed for one AAAA and am close to the same on a second. I only need the the shadowmane pelts and the shilliskin bones plus someone to do the tinkering combines.

Have fun!
Ardnasc
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ardnasc"]I haven't seen Zen around in a while so may need a bit of help.

I've farmed, smithed, and tailored most of the items needed for one AAAA and am close to the same on a second. I only need the the shadowmane pelts and the shilliskin bones plus someone to do the tinkering combines.

Have fun!
Ardnasc[/quote]

I have some if you want them. I just can't make them. If you decide you want one (or more), lemme know.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/bump for refreshed interest. All of this subject to change, I just wanted folks to see the info.
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for bumping this. I hope to be needing one of these soon. I will check my bank to see if I have collected any of these items. If I get really bored I may just go and kill everything in PoI to farm some coiled springs.
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 Shadowmane Pelt -- NOTE: only drops in the Shyra instance. Raid looters, please save these. If AH leaders are willing to donate them to AH AAAA construction that would be excellent, or we can work out a purchase option.

According to Alla's this is not entirely correct. Alla's
That being said, these are somewhat difficult to come by if not farming them yourself, so I think it would behoove AHs to hang onto these for members if possible, though I also understand that keeping track of such things is a PITA.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ybolla wrote:
Quote:

According to Alla's this is not entirely correct. Alla's
That being said, these are somewhat difficult to come by if not farming them yourself, so I think it would behoove AHs to hang onto these for members if possible, though I also understand that keeping track of such things is a PITA.

Having tried to farm this a bit outside of Shyra, the drop rate was roughly 1 in 75 or so--not really worth farming that way. We've had better luck just taking a group to the shyra instance and getting 2-5 a go.
Wimpel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zen, you going to be on at all soon? looking to buy some AAAAs
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he may not be but i can make them
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: