Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 224
Members: 0
Total: 224
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Foresight Strat (revised) - read me
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foresight Strat (revised) - read me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Foresight Strat (revised) - read me Reply with quote

Okay, clear to the zonein and get. Before you go in make sure all are buffed and cast divine intervention on as many as possible. Hopefully we will have enough clerics to cover most of the raid if we run some bot clerics along with us.

We will be sort of splitting the raid force. We will be having two tank groups and hopefully two strong dps groups. Infusion will be used before we begin, as will all steadfast servants. MGB heals will be utilized throughout the encounter. Any form of dps is okay, including shaman/chanter pets and swarm pets.

Like always, we will utilize audio triggers and have the "other" filtered to a seperate window. We will set up bandoliers like normal. All will have levitate. Rings we will only remove one of. Why? Because the emote to remove a ring is better to get then a kyv emote.

The tank groups will split and attack from the opposite sides. Err so...

Pedastal 1 = Dragorn Annihilator
Pedastal 2 = Dragorn Adept
Pedastal 3 = Dragorn Flamecaster
Pedastal 4 = Dragorn Spellscribe
Pedastal 5 = Dragorn Incinerator
Pedastal 6 = Dragorn Acolyte

One tank group will be at the Annihilator and the other with the Acolyte. Melee will be split between the two dragorns. Dotters should dot as many mobs as they can. Casters can assist either group, whichever is in range.

We're going to make a few "strong" dps groups. What I mean by this is I would like to make at least two dps groups (probably including a pally or two for group heals) that can ignore the room AE and disc hard on the first mobs. They will still respond to the kyv AE. This allows them to burn their discs without interruption.

After we start, melee and casters should assist whichever tank group is nearest to them. That minimizes time spent running and maximizes dps. You do not have to stay with the tank group you started.

We need to make sure that tanks do not move on until their mob is dead (killing melee folks) and also that pets are pulled off before enrage. Dogdog adds decent dps, and a pet back off command should be issued so they don't all get violated on the first mob.

I think encorporating these ideas will make killing these guys more efficient and hopefully give us the extra dps that we need to win the trial. This is all about killing as fast as you can without getting owned.

I know we can win this if we get at least 45ish people there on Wednesday. Fluffy has foretold this, and the great Fluffy is never wrong!
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a DoT'r, DoT all the mobs ASAP (or as many as you can). They are not gonna summon you so don't be shy.

When you are beating on a mob and you get an emote to run to other side of the room, don't just run there and stand around. Run there and DPS a mob on that side immediately (melees make sure it's being tanked of course).

When you get an emote that *the center looks safe*, do NOT run up onto the middle platform! Instead, just back up to the center wall and continue nuking, arrows, whatever.

For the ring thing, you might wanna come with 1 free general inventory slot. That way you can put the general inv slot and your ring slot on a hot button bar and just switch it back and forth as required.

Casters and clerics might do the same with their primary slots; last try I went with mine empty, but next time i might leave it equipped. Would much rather have that emote that a kyv one to deal with.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity would you like clerics to cast our hammer pets and wizards to cast their sword pets to help out hovever much they can?
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Unleash poofy upon the unbelievers!
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, we need like every iota of dps people have for this. When I offered to play Sue over Elg they actually considered it for a second ! thats how bad we need dps Razz
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyways, yes clerics should use their hammer pets. Also, if you are a cleric and you are not dealing with an emote or healing then you need to be nuking the mob. Do not conserve your mana for this fight. Same with druids. Don't save mana, just dot everything and nuke as hard as you can.

Warriors/monks and such should have arrows or throwing items. If an emote tells you to go to the center of the room then go there and shoot the mob until it is safe to return. There should never really be a point at which you stop doing dps unless you are ducking or something.

I expect warriors to use their dps discs, especially if you are not in one of the tank groups. Use savage onslaught or whatever your best dps disc is. Do not save endurance on the off-chance that you may have to tank. Use it to beat the crap out of these mobs.

If we have any sk they also need to get their pets out and use HT early. Use your best offensive spells and discs.

Paladins should have group heals loaded to help their groups, in addition to doing what dps they can. Also, because they are probably our most limited class with respect to damage (no offense intended), I need them to be primary dispellers.

We have got to pull every ounce of dps out of every raider we have. I know we can win this fight, just gotta have the numbers and the focus.

WE SHALL DESTROY YOU DRAGORNS...so sayeth the mighty Fluffy
Jamn
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might ask a clerics to put their reverse damage shield on each mob as well. They last 15 minutes and can add a bit of dps for very little cost.

Jamn
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: