Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 347
Members: 0
Total: 347
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Anguish Raiding - What you need to know
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anguish Raiding - What you need to know

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Anguish Raiding - What you need to know Reply with quote

Raids will resume on Wednesday, January 10. The start time will still be 8 pst. Meeting places will vary, so check the Time and Place forum to make sure you are at the right place.

Our tentative weekly raid schedule will be two nights in Anguish, one night farming MPG trials for backflags/loot, and one night of epics and other loot targets like Shyra. We will also be doing PoTime some, which will probably be interchanged with Anguish nights (since both are 2-night events and require largish numbers). This may change depending on how well this schedule works.

A few things you will need to know about Anguish:

1. The first time you go to Anguish bring your completed Seal of Mastery. You will need to use it once to add it to your keyring. After that you can bank or destroy. The zonein is through WoS, not MPG (and yes it is instanced).
2. You MUST have your signets done to attend. There are no exceptions to this rule, since you would zone in and immediately die. The signet program will be closing on our first raid night in January, so get it done now.
3. Ture has a 2-slot dispel. Healers can avoid this, but the rest of us cannot. Bring two instant-click items. If you ask for trash buffs expect a /bonk. If you are having problems finding a clickie, then get with me and I will make you a list of easy ones to obtain.
4. Piggy spots are limited. I am going to post the piggy procedure at the bottom of this post. If you do not follow it then you cannot get upset if someone gets taken over you. Well, you can still get upset, but we have the right to ignore you at that point.
5. Keys are not as frequent drops as they are in Time. Be prepared for it to take longer for you to get keyed. There is no dkp cost, and keys will be assigned. Priority is at the raid leader's discretion and all decisions are final. We will try to be as fair as we can, but there are a lot of things to take into consideration. If you have an issue, take it up with them after the raid. If you are found looting a key without having been prompted by the raid leader or loot master you will be immediately removed from the raid and may be subject to further disciplinary action.
6. Only flagged guests are permitted at this time. If you do invite someone, please make sure they realize that we are still learning and that they may be coming to a wipe. If they can't handle that, then please don't bring them.
7. These are learning encounters. Be prepared for some fails. Just work at it like we did with Foresight.

Piggy Procedure

1. Join the ahpiggy channel in addition to your normal channels. Piggies not in this channel will not get an invite.
2. Wait patiently outside the zone.
3. The raid will start to form. We will begin with a skeleton crew of confirmed flagged people. They will get the instance and zone in. At that point, invites to the instance will begin to be given out. Raid invites will only be given to those that can zone in on their own at first. This is to avoid stealth piggies.
4. Once flagged have their task invite and are in zone/raid, then we will start sending task/raid invites to piggies. As soon as you are invited, please zone in. If you do not zone in after a reasonable amount of time you will be removed and someone else will take your spot. In other words, pay attention and don't afk while we do piggies.
5. Once you are in the raid and in Anguish, leave the ahpiggy channel so we can see who is left.
6. We will try to max out our piggy slots as much as possible. Hopefully we won't run into a situation where we have enough flagged people leave that a piggy gets kicked. If, however, this does occur, we will be asking the last piggy in to gate or take a tl out. It's not personal, just the way it goes.
7. Piggy priority will be decided upon by the raid leader, who will be taking into account factors like class, seniority, membership status, etc. We'll do our best to be as fair as possible, and to try to rotate so everyone gets a chance to come. With that said, all piggy decisions are final and are not subject to argument. If you have a problem with the decision, then bring it up in a pm or after the raid.

And that, as they say, is that. I hope everyone had a good holiday season and I hope to see you January 10th.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An addendum regarding epic orbs (since I got some pms on this). It is still under discussion, but we will have a firm policy in place in a few days.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the signet program will close the first raid night in January, exactly what program is that? Did I miss something?

I'm not as concerned with earning the DKP as i am with some help in getting this done since I'm on a new schedule. Will anyone be doing these Monday afternoon or evening Jan 1st? I should be back in town by then. Thanks.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second post from the top of the page?
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyways, the Anguish orb drop will be handled just like normal loot. This means it will start at 5 points and can be raised to the max of 20. In order to bid, however, you must be at this stage in the epic 2.0. The only exception to this is if noone is at that stage, at which point it will be open to those who have completed their 1.5. If noone at that stage needs it then it will be treated as open for all members to bid on.

The Anguish Orb does count as your loot for the night. However, you will not be charged additionally for your final 2.0 fight (some classes have one, some don't). Just make sure that when you pm Sulsil with info on the fight you include that you have already looted the orb.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big thing I've seen in previous raids with piggys:

Does the seal count as their one loot for the night? Since you guys award loot "in parallel", theoretically someone can win a piece they can't loot if they don't have the key.

Also need to take into account spells as well, and items that would rot.

I'll use the Ture staff since that's te only single class item I know, but here's a scenario that happened to me:

Raid is moving about, happily awarding keys to alts/piggys based on who asks for spells first, then /lotto if all have spells (which of course screwed the melee, but hey). Ture drops the monk only staff, key awarded to someone who needs spells, monk staff rots.

Personally, I suggest the seal would be the "one item for the night", and if something rots so be it, but I suggest you need to have something in place.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think in that case with Ture and the 2h blunt thats monk only, if there is a monk there who would use and is a piggy he gets to loot the seal. Before I would have said spells are far more important, but tbh with level 75 now the spells are simply outdated and more about being a filler in spellbooks then anything needed. Spells and seals are going to rot eventually regardless with 2 spells and a seal per kill, unlike a fairly rare class specific item.

Off the top of my head, class specific loots are the monk 2her and pally 1hander off Ture, and the bst one hand/sk onehander off hanvar. Remembering the frequency of them dropping I do believe its not going to be anything we need to worry about, still, better safe then sorry so we should plan it out beforehand.

Quote:
5. Keys are not as frequent drops as they are in Time. Be prepared for it to take longer for you to get keyed. There is no dkp cost, and keys will be assigned. Priority is at the raid leader's discretion and all decisions are final. We will try to be as fair as we can, but there are a lot of things to take into consideration. If you have an issue, take it up with them after the raid. If you are found looting a key without having been prompted by the raid leader or loot master you will be immediately removed from the raid and may be subject to further disciplinary action.

Thats about all I can think of /shrug
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as far as spells go we will not be worrying about them. Most of them are outdated by the TSS spells, so they will not be taken into consideration.

Keys do not count towards your loot of the night and they do not cost dkp. we've never charged really for keys or flags, and I don't want to start doing that now. I think it goes against the spirit of our organization, which has always tried to walk a line between casual and hard-core. If a situation like you described above occured, where we were going to have an item rot, then I would take that into special consideration when I assigned the key. It's not a 100% guarantee that I would assign for the monk in that case, but I would certainly think strongly about it.

Hopefully we won't get into that type of situation though. It would suck any way you slice it.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sounds good, and either way is fine in my opinion, as long as you guys are ready for the scenario with at least a semi-consistent scenario.

Xik and I are both sealed obviously, and I only used the monk 2hb as an example because it happened to me previously Smile
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do healers avoid the two slot disspell???? being a healer i wanna know Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You stand behind a wall...basically. It blocks the AE. Casters can kinda avoid, but they will have to peek out to nuke, so it doesn't really work for them.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of the other Anguish flagged paladins have the DA hammer? I think Goirish has one but not sure if he is flagged.

There is at least one fight in Anguish that kind of needs 3 paladins on ramp with DA hammers. Confused

My guess is that we need to get more of these - it's dropped by a mob in GE. If anyone needs help just ask me (I'd probably bring my young bard alt - she is better at kiting).

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did great the first time guys. It will take time to learn these encounters, but we will beat them.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I think some people were confused on loot. If you are not keyed for the zone (aka are a piggy), you cannot loot actual gear. This isn't because I don't want you to, but because the game won't let you. No idea why SoE made it this way and I think it sucks. Once you loot your key though you should be able to loot as normal.
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardnasc wrote:
Do any of the other Anguish flagged paladins have the DA hammer?

Have Fun!
Ardnasc

I'm just an app., and I still need two trials to be flagged for CoA, but I'd would be happy to go and get one of these hammers if that would help in Anguish.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed, and I don't mean to insult anyone, but I think a lot of folks are taking this zone pretty carelessly--it's not MPG even though the mobs look like it...and at least for the next couple of months we need to treat it with respect Smile

Couple of examples of what I mean:

--we're used to crawling through MPG to get to the trials, where anyone's little sister can tank mobs nowadays, so we don't pay attention to where the raid leaders/pullers say to move to, etc, nor where we fight trash. This almost cost us a complete wipe last night. Get back into the habit of NEVER moving past a sitting/fd monk, and watching your aggro when mobs are being tanked. There are both chealers and gater trash mobs, and we should be using an MA to make sure we take mobs out rapidly even when crawling.

--Elgluth is a big beefy tank, but that doesn't mean we can get away with 1-2 healers for most of the raid fights. Certain events can be handled with lesser amounts of healers (by design, Jelvan requires THREE tanks of elg's quality or close, and 2-3 healers per, plus group healers), but in general we're fighting mobs that unless handled properly make MPG trials look pansy.

--aug minis. Sure, they can be 1-2 grouped, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't treat them just like normal raid mobs--proper positioning, healers ready, etc. Mobs have 5 min timers, and every time we lose our MT that puts us at a pretty big disadvantage, time wise in the long run. Enrage damage alone is gonna take down quite a few melee as well with how hard they hit if we're not careful.

--we as a group should go back to respecting mobs ae's drastically--especially Ture's ae rampage, but all the mobs. I fully admit, I died during Ture because I spent too much time trying to call out the ae ramp and didn't make it out in time (and failed my last ditch fd to boot), and that right there most likely lost the event for us--and for that I apologize. Harrier's spells aren't anything to snicker about either, and warden is a -huge- pain to boot.

I apologize if I'm sounding preachy--that's not my intent. What I am hoping for is that we can get the first 3 bosses (harrier, ture, warden) plus the mini's down to one night, withj possibly a closeout for the night attempt on jelvan event, and then the next night be ready to clear trash right to him and spend the night focusing on the mechanics of that event (it's really really hard--blows adaptation and specialization out of the water). We need to get past jelvan to be able to farm 2 orbs per week, and be able to attempt AMV, and then of course on to OMM once we've farmed for a few months.
wurms
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to my BBoB ( dear god i love my bbob) after Elg went down last night i was at the top of arggo list. I was not on the tank team so i backed off. 10sec or so after i backed off ST took over. But after he went down, agian i was tanking.

Question is should i just control my arggo better ( use 2handers ) or should i just be ready for this and not taunt while ST takes over?
I know ah has atleast 5 or 6 tanks better than me so thinking i should just use my 2handers.

Also never seen AH do it but, do we tell the raid how long is left on Defensive? EX- /rs Final Stand Disc dropping in 10sec, step up those heals!

these may be dumb questions but its kinda important considering everyone raids differently.

Oh and i had a blast last night, love killing new stuff. True was at like 4% thats sweet for a first try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: