Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 365
Members: 0
Total: 365
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Unpopular subject I'm sure.... DKP
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unpopular subject I'm sure.... DKP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't resist the analogy... but its kind of like the "minor league" in baseball where we get our newer members better by working on slightly easier content, without affecting our "major league" franchise.

The difference being is that any member can participate in both the minor and major leagues, and playing in the minor league is not a "demotion" since its all cooperative.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of like bowling -

Sure everything works fine so long as you are hitting a strike every now and then and having opportunities for spares....... but the problem comes up when you run out of beer.......

Or like car racing - Do we want to make that last pit stop, or are we going to try to make it to the end on fumes? And if we do stop, how many tires do we change? If any?
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally still have fun raiding Time and have been known to take an alt to open PoP raids. I've got no problem raiding just to gear up new members, after all that's how I got my gear. My tier has never gotten very high since I have gotten a lot of upgrades since joining.

I never had a problem with the concept of DKP in general, rewarding folks for helping is a good thing! The AH system seems to me to work reasonably well and in my opinion we shouldn't make any radical changes - an occasional modification that is monitored and analyzed before another is applied is fine.

I like the schedule I've seen proposed since it mixes both higher-level content where the stuff for higher tiered folk’s drops and content to gear up newer members. One thing I've also noticed is that while I went ahead and got the DoN progression items as early as I could some folks waited until we bear Yar'Lir before collecting many. In the same vein I'm now seeing more folks commenting in chat about completing their epics now that we are in CoA. So looks like we ought to have a very interesting mix of targets, Time for loot, DoN for loot and progression items, other fun targets for loot, epic 1.5 and 2.0 mobs (nice chest loot here), MPG trials to get more folks flagged, and of course CoA for those who have their signets.

Anyway that was a bit longer then I intended when I started this post but that is my 2c this morning.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding another raid night has been brought up more then once. The problem is that noone is stepping forward to say "I will lead them." I know that I struggle to make two of our nights a week, and I don't know that I could commit to leading a third.

I can commit to doing some occasional Sunday raids, but I have been doing unofficial DoN stuff normally. Going to plan one for next week I think.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said nort. One thing you didn't address is that our members need to work harder on single-group content. AH, as you pointed out, is comprised mostly of casual, non-raiding guild members and, as such, the average toon in AH has less than raiding guild equipment. Now, we have some members, like elg, wend, etc, who have geared themselves through raiding guilds, but the majority of our better geared toons, myself included, have never been in a raiding guild.

The difference between myself and some others in AH is that I had some of the best one-group equipment I could get when I joined AH. This put me ahead of most of AH, equipment wise, which allowed me to accumulate DKP. In turn, I was able to get some of the better raid drops when we started raiding targets of value, which furthered my equipment gap over other tanks.

With TSS visible armor, everyone should be able to get their toons reasonably well geared without too much hassle. Add to that the non-visible slots in DoD and MPG group trials and any tank should be able to get to a tacvi+ level without the need of raiding gear (*if* you farm augs).

So, if someone is still wearing that 85 HP bazaar item than they need to work on that with one-group drops. You see, the difference between a raiding guild and AH is that we will accept any gear level; whereas, a raiding guild typically limits apps to a minimum gear standard. Players aren't meant to go from 85 HP to 275 HP, because one cannot contribute well enough with 85 HP gear to warrant a reward that good.

With that said, I do agree that we need to spend at least one or two nights a week farming 175-250 HP gear to help speed up the lesser geared folks, but that plan will never work if people aren't working hard on supplementing their raid drops with one-group drops (and tanks, GET YOUR AC AUGS!!!!).

If anyone needs, I can post a list of AC augs so that you can work on them. Casters should be working on getting some mana/HP, so plan your augs accordingly. If everyone in AH had top one-group gear, we wouldn't be having this discussion imo.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetrafluor wrote:
add a day or two of raiding i.e. sun/mon/ or tues

I ALWAYS want to raid EVERY night!

But ususally getting folks to raid on off nights is very, very difficult.

I usually have like 2 folks who are willing out of 40 in the channel.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to raid every night if I still had my own business, but I have subjected myself to "the man" and I now have to get up at 6AM in the mornings for a paycheck. That's life, I guess. It's easier for me to show up on Friday or Saturday nights for raids than it is during the week.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: