Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 274
Members: 0
Total: 274
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Tells to the raid leader mid raid
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tells to the raid leader mid raid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Tells to the raid leader mid raid Reply with quote

I remember mentioning this the other day in raid chat. We seriously cant have people sending tells to the raid leader whenever they have a percieved issue in raid. We do have a very good number of officers and squad leaders, you can take issues up mid raid with them. Being in a brand spanking new to us raid zone is stressful enough already, please lets work to not make it any moreso.
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot agree more. I must also admit I am an offender at times myself. Bottom line if you think you have something to say about the conduct of the raid say so in AH Raid and if you get nothing and you feel it's SUPER important tell your Squad Leader so they can pass it on.

Countless tells specially of the "Don't forget we gotta do XXX next!" when you are about to do so are fairly exhausting to deal with.

And as long as we are on the topic of making the Raid Leaders life easier, please keep your requests for "Billy must be in my group" or "Oh please don't group me with Bobby" to the absolute minimum. Groups are tiresome enough as it is to get balanced for each encounter much less adding the layer of making players happy with their groupmates. Please be professional about the raid at hand and get the job done.

Sulsil
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how the process works: We get strats from various sources and discuss on the officer forums. We then take any information we can get from our members and discuss (in real time) in the AH officer channel. So, if you have suggestions about a certain target, tell your SL and said SL we relay that information to the officer channel for all the SLs (including the RL) to discuss.

As for complaints: NEVER, EVER send the RL tells about your problems. Tell your SL (or class leader) and have them deal with the issue. If your problem is not resolved by your SL, try a different one (feel free to contact me...if I'm not leading). If you STILL feel your problems are not being addressed then send a tell to the RL AFTER the raid or send a PM via this forum.

One of the reasons I took off for a bit (outside of RL issues) was that I got overwhelmed with the whole raid leading thing....believe me, it can be VERY stressful even when things go smoothly and that's without everyone, and their mother, sending you tells bitching about one thing or another.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally agree with all.

I do not mind the tells themselves, really, so long as you are not looking for a reply.

Generally I get suggestions sometimes as I am doing strats or talking to the SL's. Many times they are useful and I act on them, though that is not always obvious to whoever sent the tell.

It's the *Did you get my tell?* or the *???* follow up tells that I really cannot stand.
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, feel free to send comments my way - if I'm not handling healing, I'll be happy to lend an ear Cool
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump ... (let's see who actually reads the forums lol)

I mean seriously if someones intent is to slow down our raiding then we will have no choice but to remove them from the raid and if it continues they will be removed from After Hours.

The purpose is to raid and have fun and not to argue about everything under the sun. Let's stop the arguing and I mean NOW! It's okay to discuss something in a calm manner but personal attacks, making threats and continually causing disruptions can not and will not be tolerated.

One more thing while I'm at it. The forum conduct rules found at http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6 apply to the in game chat channels as well. Especially the one about "No personal attacks, flames or abuse." You will be asked to stop and if you do not stop then you will be removed from After Hours. Let's all have fun and keep the negativity out of After Hours please.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorcier wrote:
Bump ... (let's see who actually reads the forums lol)

I mean seriously if someones intent is to slow down our raiding then we will have no choice but to remove them from the raid and if it continues they will be removed from After Hours.

The purpose is to raid and have fun and not to argue about everything under the sun. Let's stop the arguing and I mean NOW! It's okay to discuss something in a calm manner but personal attacks, making threats and continually causing disruptions can not and will not be tolerated.

One more thing while I'm at it. The forum conduct rules found at http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6 apply to the in game chat channels as well. Especially the one about "No personal attacks, flames or abuse." You will be asked to stop and if you do not stop then you will be removed from After Hours. Let's all have fun and keep the negativity out of After Hours please.

hmmm, I think I may know what this pertains to.

I will never understand the mentality of trying to make life harder for everyone else for no apparent reason.
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:pulls a Darby....

/looks confused

Is this what was taking us so long in Rottrued the other night?
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, to reiterate what was said in this necro'd thread, PLEASE use your SL first, ahraid second, another SL third, and only /tell the RL if the raid will fail. This means none of our current targets need a tell to the RL.

I know you mean well, but it DOES slow down the ENTIRE raid sending a tell.

Tells are the reason I'm bald, and wear a pink hat. Laughing
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
:pulls a Darby....

/looks confused

Is this what was taking us so long in Rottrued the other night?

Yes among other things like dealing with issues: people coming in or going LD which is understandable but not understandable is my absolute all time favorite arguing about something whether it be strats or the weather or whatever. Engage time is not the time for arguing. The Rottrued raid is hard enough to setup groups for the totems without having all these other issues to deal with.

PS I do like to bring up old threads that are still relevant today. Oh how things change but yet stay the same it seems lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: