Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 355
Members: 0
Total: 355
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - If you need help getting signets...
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

If you need help getting signets...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: If you need help getting signets... Reply with quote

During this last part of February and March I am going to be helping people get their signets done. This is not part of any official reward program and there will be be a dkp reward, but you will get your signets done. What you have to do is...

1. PM me here on the site or use in-game email so we can set up a time that is convenient for us both (Please NOT in-game tells, I will forget!). Make sure you include which signets you lack.
2. Actually show up at that time ready to go.
3. Have some means of invis.
4. Be awake and alert during this process. This is not a free ride for you to go afk and get sigs.

We trioed all mine twice with Elgluth, Mitsukake, and Shieara so it is no big deal to get them for you. If Elg is not available we will find another tank or I can three-box him if I must.

You do not have to be a member for this, applicant is perfectly fine. If two people are available at the same time we will all group and work together on finishing for both people. I'm doing this because it sucks to be left behind on raids and as a raid leader I hate leaving people behind. So get with me and we will finish your signets up. I am also hoping those in channel who are not busy at the time will help with this.

Here is a small guide to signets for my own benefit so I don't have to go to Alla every time:

Weather-worn Signet (RCoD) - Easiest place I have found to get this one is the Bowlord camp, though he has several other PH around the zone. They are marked on most maps and are, I think, dragorn turncoats. You don't really need a puller, but you will need to be able to handle two mobs at once and have some means of stopping runners. Of moderate difficulty.

Two-toned Signet (DH instance) - The best place to get this one is the Watering Hole instance. Get it and invis up. Nothing sees invis. Go down towards the end of the zone to /loc +100, +1025. A blighted rat is the PH and there is also one roaming dragorn in that hallway you must deal with. Some means of stopping runners is useful here or you will train yourself. Then you can either pull more mobs or do what I did and set an egg-timer and play FF12 while you wait on repop. Of easy difficulty.

Tarnished Signet (WoS) - PH is a dragorn serf and there are several throughout the zone. One is directly outside the ramp to MPG and that was the one I solo camped. I killed him and the one discordling that aggroed with him and the went /afk again to play video games. However, a more effective means is to form a swat team and cover several ph at once. PH locs are...+482, -604 (North of wall), -813, -908 (Ruins SE), -531, +657 (Boot-shaped wall part), 1175, -1175 (MPG ramp). Snare or stun to stop them from running here is also good. Of easy difficulty.

Glimmering Signet (MPG) - PH is a dragorn sentinel with /locs of (-3725, -600) northeast of Taskfiend Caikap, (-1300, -1700) east of the 6-way toward Projection of Power, (-1180, 1000) toward Projection of Arcana, (-4180, 1125) toward Projection of Body. I personally camped at task/blind we we pulled both of them in addition to the PH, however if that camp is not available you can just set up near one of the other spawn points. Of moderate difficulty.

Dust Marred Signet (Dranik Catacombs) - Get the instance. It can drop in any version but the easiest is c. If you have a tracker, you can track and see if the named is up when you zone in. If not, then you'd just as well all zone in and kill the ph. PH is a noc scout. Keep in mind, sometimes there is a rat roamer near the zonein and it sees invis. What we did was invis where we could, pausing to kill the see invis rats in the instance. Again, if you can't stop runners here you may have problems. Then once in the circular room we killed the PH near to the wall to avoid adds. If you do want to avoid adds, everyone *must* stay on the wall. After that we just pulled, but Elg and I can handle five of these so ymmv here. Hard difficulty.

Discolored Signet (Dranik Sewers) - Get the instance. Again, most prefer instance c. You can track to see if the named is up (your tracker may have to move in a bit to see), or just go to the ph. Again, we used invis move...moving to each trap and clearing the mobs around it so we can safely go through. Some try to use instant invis but we never found that worked well for us. Eventually you will get to a bunch of see invis murks. However, they do not see through ivu. We killed just outside their lair for space to ivu and used that to pass them. There are a couple live mobs in there with them but you can avoid aggro by staying on the opposite wall. Once at the camp, kill the golem or you named for signet. Again, snare is good. Also note that some of the golems and snake-women gate. Hard difficulty.

Crystal-gemmed Signet (RSS) - For some reason this one took me and Elg forever to get for Mittens. Think we literally spent 3-4 hours camping it. There are several ph, here are some locs...
310, -225, 302) in Pyrilen Researcher room, top floor off of statue room
(1850, 295, 162) in Pyrilen Riftseeker room, north end of upper floor on the NNW side of circle
(575, -1090, 43) in Companion Prefect room and the Taromani quest npc, west corner of room
(-20, 1710, -435) in Cyrec the Arcane room, SW corner of icy basement
(140, 230, -834) in Gelidran Frostformer room, bottom level of icy basement
PH are either pyrilen guards or gelidren researchers. You will need a group capable of handling RSS here. Just pick a camp and start killing. At least you will get okay exp on this one. Hard difficulty.

Last edited by Shieara on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On sewers and on catacombs you can skate through everything (sewers only after the 2nd trap) if you get a necro or chanter with IVU (who is left behind). Basically just get regular timed invis for everyone in group, have the chanter or necro cast group invis vs. undead (timed or otherwise) and it will stack with the original timed invis. Waltz or polka your way to the signet mob with no hassles. (necro or chanter has to be left behind though since they can't get both invisibilities on themselves.

Did catacombs in under 15 mins this way with the drop/track/repeat method.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that don't have them, please list which ones you're missing and you're playing time (in general) when not raiding. A lot of these can be solo'd by a decent geared toon and I'd be more than happy to help, but I need to know who needs what.
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...this is much appreciated. I can be on to get these done M, W, & F starting at 7PM Central time.

I still need all signets.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay first group will be starting Monday at 8 EST (think that is 7 central). Goal will be Catacombs and/or Sewers. If you cannot be online at that time, please respond here so I can make other plans.
Marra
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Signets Reply with quote

I would love to join the signet group. I still need the following signets.

Crystal-Gemmed Signet - RSS (complete)
Weather-worn Signet - RCoD (complete)

Thank you to everyone that helped me aquire the signets for CoA entrance.

Last edited by Marra on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay didn't do too bad. Got Sewers done for both Marra and Norsa and got Catacombs for Marra. Had to sleep before the named popped again there. I will schedule another night soon as I can.

Thanks to Elg and Prettything for helping me out.
GenomeReseekwensed
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genome is still lacking :

Two-toned Signet (DH instance)
Glimmering Signet (MPG)
Dust Marred Signet (Dranik Catacombs)
Crystal-gemmed Signet (RSS)

Cue gnomish muttering here.

Smile

D.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be making another run this upcoming Monday at the same time (8 est). Not sure which we will be going after as it depends on who is in group. We will go for whatever is most needed.
Raolyn
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Signets Reply with quote

I still need the signets from the Catacombs and Hollows.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Elg was saying last time that we needed a paladin sacrifice...

By the way, grats Norsa. You worked very hard to get them done. Color me impressed!
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Heroes" comes on Mondays. I guess I can record it.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be on on Monday , i need
Weather-worn Signet (RCoD)
Two-toned Signet (DH instance)
Dust Marred Signet (Dranik Catacombs)
Discolored Signet (Dranik Sewers)
Crystal-gemmed Signet (RSS)

im not quite 69 yet but that might change by Monday i hope , if there is room id like to join you guys
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in my application last night, still waiting to hear anything on it, but I only need Sewers and Catacombs signets...I have all the others. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kunerk
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new app, so you'll have to bear with my lack of any decent progression.

the only signet i have is the one from MPG Sad
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen and I got Sewers done last night. I only need Catacombs now, not sure about him atm. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys still haven't heard about your applications yet give me a holler. I'll see what I can do.

And grats on completing the one signet.
Kisz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need all of the signets for anguish. My guild is concentrating on DOD spell missions, DON progression, and epics right now, so my time is limited to work on the Signets by myself. However if there is a grp forming for sigs I will make a point to be there.

My playing times are:

Sunday: anytime I can get on.
Monday: 8-10pm cst - EXP, DON, Alts
Tuesday: 8-11pm cst - guild DOD nights
Wed: 9-12pm cst raid night with AH
Thurs: 8-11pm cst epics with guild or raid with AH
Friday: 8pm-12am cst raid with AH
Sat: anytime I can get on, 9pm-1am cst raid with AH

Kisz - 71 sk
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm this is only available to applicants or members. No offense but farming signets for the entire population of Bristlebane just doesn't hold much allure.

I am not playing next week but the following week I will see about trying to set some times up with you guys to get you closer to completion.
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenamten, Raolyn, and I are all finished, we have been working on getting Kunerks done as well, but without luck so far on his sewers one. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: