Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 146
Members: 0
Total: 146
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - AA up for Review (closing April 6th)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AA up for Review (closing April 6th)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: AA up for Review (closing April 6th) Reply with quote

Okay, after some though I would like to open the required aa for review. This is going to be open through April 6th, at which point we will finalize any suggestions/complaints that we have and get a new list posted.

If you are a current applicant at that time then you will have the option of meeting either the old or new requirements. Members are grandfathered in and will not be required to get any new aa added, though I highly encourage them to work on them.

We are not necessarily looking to increase the number of aa that an applicant has to get before they make member. Instead, what I would like people to do is look at the required aa and, if there is something missing that you think is vital, add it in. Also if you think there is something useless bring that up also.

To find the current required aa, check the AH info link at the side of your screen and then go to the application section.

Thanks.
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gift of Mana doesn't work on 71+ spells, so it should probably be reconsidered. Some classes will still get some use out of it (my cleric still gets some use with Word of Vivi), but it's usefulness is greatly diminished and is really only good as a pre-req for GoRM.

Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo warriors should be required to get resolute defiance. A 5k instant cast heal=godly, also we should add the two aa that allow you to push a mob away from you and pull them nearer, cant remember the names atm, but ill edit it shortly to add em =p
Gravidon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Suegar. Grappling Strike and Press the Attack are the buttons you are looking for. These are absolutely necessary for positioning and moving a mob.

G
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for clerics im really questioning ham3. i dont think it adds that much of a bonus and if you have not been working on it so far thats 9 ranks you need to get out of nowhere in the same field. i am not sure exactly what to replace it with but there has to be better at this point
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grappling strike is unfortunately ineligable due to it's level requirement. Is there a lower-level version? I was unable to convince a majority of officers that our level requirements should increase to 75.

The others look doable though.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lower level version =/ Could we do it that once they ding 75 its required to be the first aa you get or something? and tbh we should make 75 required now, which officers do I need to beat up? =p Press the attack is also useable, just the tank needs to turn cause it pushes in the direction he is looking.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you can blame me (spank me, please?) If we weren't changing our targets every week due to low numbers or lack of healing I would agree to the 75 req, but beggers can't be choosers imo:-)

However, I did suggest that one should be at least 70 to APP, which I don't believe we do atm.....we need toons, but those toons should be able to live for more than 0.9 secs.

Anywho, the war AA seems sweet, so perhaps making it, as you said, req at 75 would be feasible.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how that would work. Let me talk to Tetra next week and I can get back with you. I know there was some issue with coding when I wanted to add in an alternate aa set for monks.
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be a problem the way its set up. I'll just use an alias with the text. i.e.
GS (req'd at lv 75)
Then will add some additional description to the hover text.
Shedevill
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: necro AAs Reply with quote

i was looking at some of the AAs for necros and you may want to add the following to the list of should haves. Most are TSS upgrades to depths AAs but here goes

Volatile Mana TSS
Mana Fury TSS
Blood Tithe TSS
Greater Blood Tithe TSS
Siphon Soul TSS

Some of these would fall under thing about being 75 because you need to be 75 to reach the top lvl if you need more info let me now and ill be glad to get it.. Cool
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way it is going to work, is that those abilities that are 71+ are going into the recommended section. I thought long and hard about adding them at 75, but I don't think it make sense to have a required aa not fit the required levels.

If these aa are vitally important to the content we are doing, then we will need to reevaluate the level requirements. Though that may mean promoting a fifth officer so we can break the deadlocks we currently have.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Addition to the AA requirements, please consider if there are any other significant essentials for your particular class......

IE should pallies be REQUIRED to have a DA Hammer? (probably not)

should pallies and priests be REQUIRED to have RGC scribed? (probably so)

that kind of thing....
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since ive been mostly done for awhile now i cant say how it is for clerics here but RGC has little raid significance for me anymore. asside from raids like .... bloodeye.
Generally speaking of those capable of casting RGC, clerics (sometimes druids) are focused on healing. at least 1 shaman on slows. a number of pallies and shamans do cures. unless its a boxed cleric with the tank situation ... but thats sort of a special case to...

that being said its not that hard to get, and it helps at least keeping your group from dying after the raid if nothing else.

not hard to get + somewhat useful -> good idea to get... again in my opinion
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I had complained about how I felt GoM3 was a waste of aa's for myself as I am all ready 75 and it only works on 65-70. Then when reading through the TSS aa's, I found the upgrade for it to work on 71-75 spells. So it wont be a total waste of aa's once I do get the basics of it finished because I can upgrade it to actually work on my current spells...even if it does take a lot of aa's to do so.

HAM3 I think is a good one to keep because with all of the Healing Adept aa's, your CH goes from 7000 healed to iirc 9600. When chaining, that extra 2600 adds up fast and saves you mana over time.

Will think about any of the others, but I do feel the cleric list is pretty decent. GoM3 was my only complaint before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gromdelin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest RC3 for all those classes who can get it. Would save some time with cures and all. Working on it myself.

As to the DA Hammer from GE. How hard is it to get ? I don't have one yet, but I would like to get one. Would it be worth the effort to get ?
Xikshaaz
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: my opinion on monk aa Reply with quote

first off imo stonewall aa should be in the required list. and thats the complete max of stonewall. and why have crit mend up there if your not gonna include Mending of the tranquil on the full list of req aa. should move sinister strikes to req aa as well imo. and rapid strikes should be moved up to req aa. imitate death should be up to the player imo. i personally dont use it all that much, dont get me wrong its very helpful when i do need to use it. the monk snare aa should be in there someplace. i use it quite often and it helps keep mobs snared till someone can get a real snare slapp'd on it. lol im sure ill have more to add and take away for my best opinion on monk aa. will post again when ive figured out what else i feel should be up there and taken out.

Xikshaaz
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont argue that ham is useful for cleirc i was just suggesting that there may be other things taht may be more useful, such as:
- bumping ahg up to mastery healing gift
- divine arbutration, i know its not as good as the cleric epic but it is on a seperate timer and is cast very quickly. often times when i am in a loop it is the only spell i have time and mana (really more time) to cast to save my group and occasionaly myself
- persistent casting, we are facing more and more mobs with ae stun and having heals interupted can really suck.
- abundant healing, i dont really know how much this adds to the heal but having it to continue healing after the inital blast should be a good thing. i also dont know if it would stack with 5 clerics all healign the mt (probably not) but woudl be really good for healing the ot or rt, or even occasionally when you have to heal party members Smile
- bumping scs up to silent casting, it shouldnt be too much of a probelm on raids, but when we get alot of adds we do still have clerics getting agro and most of us cant live thru too many hits from even raid adds.

and one finaly thing to add to the recomended aa would be touch of the divine? its expensive but not dieing is always good.
i know we cant add all of these to the cleric list unless we are going to increase a across the boards but i believe at least some of them are more useful than ham and should be looked at as possibilities Smile
theres my 2c on cleric aa
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Kyressia
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree on DVA3 being required, it might not have the heal component our epic does, but it is a mana and time and life saver a lot of times.

HGM, I dont see crit heals as being all that much really. IMO they are too unreliable.

Persistant casting I have never had, but will look at getting it myself. Not getting interrupted sounds great to me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When last I checked, abundant healing was bugged and didn't work. Does anyone have it so we can confirm it is actually working now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: