Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 214
Members: 0
Total: 214
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Upcoming Vule - my initial thoughts
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upcoming Vule - my initial thoughts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Upcoming Vule - my initial thoughts Reply with quote

Look up the specifics under the Raid-O-Matic (select it from the menu on the left side of the AH site then click on Future Raid Encounters at the top, select the Vule event from the list and WaLa there it is).

For everyone - while I was looking for more information on Vule I found a link to this video showing how to get to DSK. Take your Dramamine first if you get motion sick before watching it - the motion is speeded up thru many sections.

YouTube - Everquest Navigation: Undershore to Sendaii ...I threw together this video to help show people the way to ...Hide video - 4 min 53 sec - www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VS0LHz2ZpU

Attention all Paladins - our time to shine is approaching! Smile

The next big mob on our agenda has been announced to be Master Vule the Silent Tear. He is undead Very Happy and ramps so make sure you have all your slay AAs and your DA hammer with you. Have your bandolier ready for quick swaps of your 2.0 for BoFF and your shield for when you go from DPS to having agro – you will need the extra AC from the shield to survive very long.

Also be sure to bring extra C potions and any items you may have to increase and maintain your mana pool. I expect any and all of us to be ready to give battle rezzes and buffs - not just Brells but either symbol or Sworn Protector (our version of Conviction) if we are short clerics for buffs - especially if we are waiting to be sent in as tank replacements.

Please let us know of any corrections or additional information you may come across.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Selvan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in the video that they suggest for both DSK and the sendaii instance you climb the wall directly to the left when you enter the hive, if you do not have a formal dinner invitation. It then suggests you levitate across to the living bridges. I have found this method is difficult for many people who have not done it before. They either get too far from the wall on the other side, and fall to Stoneroot, or lose altitude too fast, and end up with the same result.

Also if you go this way you have the chance to run into the named spider. If you do not know his pathing, he can be harder to get past then the film shows.

I used to go this way until I found out you can climb the south hill near the south west part of the zone. Once you are on top of the hill you run around the top, west then north until you get right over the hive opening that leads to DSK and the bridge leading to Sendaii. Once there just levitate down to the bridge and go either way without having to worry about the named spider.

I do not have a video showing this method, but would be glad to show anyone who wants to know how to do it. It is really the safest way. The only thing you need to worry about are random see invis mobs on the way to the climb point. Send me a tell in game if you would like to learn this method.

Selvan
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i actually needed to get there without an invitation i would just go under the hive not leving over.
xilraazz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vule can be a fun fight, definately entertaining, the restrictions to his hate list can make it very interesting as well. Although, it is also very boring for some people. I have some strats if any of the RL's or whatever want them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video, thanks for posting,

but hey...you aren't Zummsomething from Stromm server...

are you? o.O
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She copied the description straight from youtube, so ignore where she says "I threw together this video" :p

Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ard's a she?!
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - not only in Ard a she - she is also a mom! *Ardnas c ... Sandra C*

One other thing I meant to put in - the map point for the statue in Stoneroot. The map name is Westkorlach_2 the line to put in is:
P -1585.7595, -964.0225, 67.2571, 0, 0, 0, 1, DSK_Statue

Once you have the dinner invitation simply running to the statue and clicking on it will save you the run through the Hive.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your avatar makes so much more sense now...
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But my varied and ever changing avatars rule all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: