Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 260
Members: 0
Total: 260
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - What it takes ppl. ************* PLEASE READ *************
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What it takes ppl. ************* PLEASE READ *************

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: What it takes ppl. ************* PLEASE READ ************* Reply with quote

OK we beat Sendaii last night. What some of you may not realize is that last night we had more healers, tanks and DPS on than we have had on in a very long time period. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but take a look at the raid dump for the second attempt and you will notice we had 41 on the successful attempt. What you don't see is the first attempt numbers, 50 ppl. Pretty impressive.

So why am I bringing this up?

Last night we could attempt something big. It did not involve us beating a 24 person raid or staying back in DoN in a comfort zone. It did not involve CoA. Lately the only time we have been getting numbers is for an off night when we can attempt to do CoA cause we don't have the right mix of ppl to do much more.

So again why bring this up?

I realize that SoF has brought the ability for ppl to get (until now) raid type loot. I realize many ppl are out getting levels and spells and gear that many haven't had the chance to get till now. I also realize the Holidays is a major slowdown for us. I also understand trade skilling has improved dramatically.

We are still raiding though. We still need you to show a bit more regularly than some have been recently. We need you. You still have more than a few nights to get group stuff taken care of when we are not raiding

What a lot of you don't realize again is that I take note of the channels and who is in them. Why I mention that is again for you to take notice of facts. Wednesday we had low numbers once again. We had so few clerics we called off raiding. We had less than 20 in the raid at the time we called it off. At the time we called it off we had 19 in the raid, 20 in the raid channel 43 in the afterhours channel and 2 clerics in there as well. Do you see my point?

With the numbers that were present in the afterhours channel we could have attempted to do any number of targets that we were unable to due to numbers in the raid on that night. That night is not a solitary event. Since we restarted raiding after the new expansion we have had consistently less than optimal numbers to do any major targets. A lot of the regulars that show up are tired of redoing itsy bitsy fights when with your help we could be taking on much greater events. I know this sounds like propaganda but it is a hard truth about the way things have been. I really do believe we could be doing TSS end raids and in Solteris and beyond if some of the less frequently showing ppl would show up. I know I have stated it in previous posts, but you, the membership, make AH what it is.

What am I/we looking for from you the membership?

Well for starters we need your help to get a raiding population back into the swing of things. If you group with someone that exhibits strong role handling and also decent personality send em our way. This will help to ensure full raids on nights we want to do stuff, like every raiding night. I handle the apps as well as many have dealt with me in the past remember.

Second, consider raiding with us. I generally start calling for ppl to join up with us about 40 minutes ahead of time. that gives ppl more than enough time to leave a group setting gracefully if they haven't already pre-warned the group. I really don't like to see the kind of difference in numbers that I mentioned earlier. Remember I generally give an on-time bonus for those that have snuck away to join up with us. Seeing that kind of difference tells us we are not worth your time to join us when we see you in the channel but not in the raid. Even if you only have the time for a single raid your participation matters for that raid. Again, we like to see you, ( maybe not Culdahl as he is a filthy whore ).

Thirdly, and here is the tricky part, give ideas to the SL's, and officers on ways you feel we can improve things. If there is a reason you haven't shown up in 2 months give us a way to entice you back.

We will be taking a holiday break soon but we really would like to see you all in the new year, so please consider what was typed here and see if it means anything to you, and how much you mean to AH. We really want take out bigger and better events, and with your help we can.

Vudu/ The management
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culdahl > your locking powers!!!11!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: