Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 278
Members: 0
Total: 278
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Fabled PoP
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fabled PoP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Fabled PoP Reply with quote

Nodyin-Dev wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to post and give everyone a preview of what we have planned for our next Anniversary period in March. After some research and finding a spare week lying around somewhere we decided we were going to be able to tackle the Planes of Power progression for a Fabled event after all. We've been hard at work on getting it all plugged in and we're happy to say that it looks like it's going well and we expect to be all set for the Anniversary.

A few notes about this:

* We're going to be making a large chunk of the PoP progression "Fabled" during this time. This means these events will become a lot harder than normal so if you're working through the PoP progression normally you may need to put it on hold during this period.
* We looked into removing the flag requirements for the various zones outside of Time iteslf but it seems like a task that's just a bit too big to fit into the schedule right now. We'll see if we can find time for it between now and the Fabled but I wouldn't count on it. That means if you are not currently able to get into all the zones but you want to be then you can take this opportunity to get some flags out of the way before the event kicks off.
* We should have raids and group fabled content that span a wide range of power levels but it's all going to be aimed at around SoF group and raid levels.

That's all I have for now. I may not be able to answer follow up questions if we don't know the answer yet but I'll keep checking this thread and pass on whatever I can.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=127121

Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun!

Anyone save the old strats? I've forgotten a bunch of them Confused
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I could lead all of the PoP encounters in my sleep. I did them that much.

I dunno how much we will do on fabled though. We have a lot of folks missing some of the flags because we haven't done pop flagging in a long time, plus I am sure large guilds will farm a bunch of it.

We will see though.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hope we just skip PoP mobs =/ I never ever want to see that damn expansion again O.o I know the loots nice and all so if we are insistent id go back, just would prefer not to Razz
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am in the minority on this, but Fabled is the one - maybe the ONLY - thing about EQ itself that I enjoy and look forward to.

I play when I do play mostly because of the company you guys and my guildies, not for the enjoyment that comes from the game itself.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes it so enjoyable? Doing the same script with harder hitting mobs=ultimately boring for me, just curious what makes it such a good thing to you? Smile For me my fave feeling in eq is beating an event you have worked long and hard at, as in vish or draygun, what a rush!
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I tend to believe that most of the mobs in PoP will be farmed to death when that week comes.....

Unless they fix the down time of the mobs for the event we prolly won't even have a chance at hitting these. Rember last year that the highend guilds went after the major item droppers and we could in reality only hit about 3-4 of the big named mobs. I hope it is not the case now but I tend to believe that they will be mostly down from day to day in the aniversary period.

Vudu
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
What makes it so enjoyable? Doing the same script with harder hitting mobs=ultimately boring for me, just curious what makes it such a good thing to you? Smile For me my fave feeling in eq is beating an event you have worked long and hard at, as in vish or draygun, what a rush!

Two things:

(1) Competition for the mobs among guilds & raid groups, which barely exists anymore; and

(2) This will not apply to PoP, actually, but with the previous fabled it let me fight mobs that I had never (or rarely) fought before. I bought PoP the same day I bought Luclin, which basically resulted in me missing most of Luclin raiding.

So maybe since I have done PoP to death it won't be so cool after all.

Thanks a lot!!! Mad Mad Mad
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get in touch with me sometime oli ill show you luclin Smile
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, with the uber guilds camping PoP maybe we can hit more Luclin fabled this year?

Keep an eye out for the SSRA emperor to be up - I still need him for the VT key and am betting many others do.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems highly unlikely that we could get enough AH folks vt keyed ... but then again it may not take an awful lot of us. so prove me wrong Smile

I'll keep an eye out on ssra
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really just need one Emp kill where everyone shows up to get the planes rift. Rest of the VT key can be solo'd/duo'd. and Emp himself should be able to be done with one group, but it drops like 48 rifts IIRC

Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I'm not even flagged for the emperor in SSRA yet:-(
Wimpel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some of you do not seem to like the idea of the fables. However, I enjoy it because it takes people back to the older zones and offers some good loot. In my opinion those were some of the better expansions of everquest (especially PoP). It also brings back some good memories as well Smile.
Selvan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am flagged for VT ana all of POP, so if we do decide to do any of the fabled mobs, count me in.

Selvan
Zanman
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Time Instanced? I think we should at least hit that and see what Fabled we can nail one night Smile Think about the loots a Fabled Quarm would drop? I'm drooling already Smile I say lets at least hit that event. There won't be any competition for TIME!!!!
xilraazz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is instanced, it will also be on the same difficulty as MMM/Crystallos raids, or so the devs are saying. I'm curious as to what they are gonna do with the lockouts in PoTime since Fabled mobs spawn so much more often than regular mobs.

I expect Fu to hit all the elemental gods (or at least make a run at them) at least once during the time and probably spend the rest of the time in PoTime. I'm not an officer though so I really can't say for sure what we will be doing.

Emp can easily be one grouped, I did it with 7 when the cap was 75 and at least half of them were boxes. Had Crazy tanking, 75 monk (twink), me (box), 75 ranger (box/twink) 75 SK (someone had to kite), 75 druid (box/twink), and 75 cleric. Only had like 3 bane weapons among the DPS so the fight took a LONG time, procs (panther/dd procs) where doing most of the DPS.

I missed all of fabled VT last year so I might be looking to hit some of those mobs this year as I first started raiding with VT and I enjoy the zone, even if the trash is a snorefest. Get those CoH bots ready!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tasarian
Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tas if fully flagged for VT as well as 100% of PoP. I would love a chance to take out some of the fableds in either of these formats. (Luclin or PoP) Though, as Suegar mentioned, I have done the events so often it might be a bit boring to do the same ol' encounters. BUT think of the uber loots =)

Tasarian
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best thing about fabled is its generally good RvR. esp when they started dropping more than 1 item on raid mobs
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love fabled mobs myself. Aye the nostalgia, but also I enjoy the exploration part of EQ the most, and hunting down undiscovered fables is one of the few times to do this. I've never raided fabled mobs though, so I'm looking forward to that.

Laenyani and Wwein are both VT keyed. We also have a flagged 78 cleric box, and a shammy/enc/mage/war of lower levels that are unlikely to be able to help (CoH perhaps?), none of which are in AH though.

For completion sake, I'd love to completely flag for PoP too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: