Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 222
Members: 0
Total: 222
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - New Officers
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Officers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: New Officers Reply with quote

There's word that a lot of AH officers are playing WoW and will be attending less. That's just rumor, though today's poor officer turn out gives support to it. I personally love AH's philosophy that no raids are compulsory, and I think that officers should also get to take breaks. But all will agree that without any (or very low) officer turn out, we simply can't function.

So I suggest we elect additional officers and raid leaders, and educate them in how to operate AH raiding.

In short, we are invested heavily in the management, and without them, AH will crumble quickly.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to work I can only make it online Friday and Saturday nights. I was going to raid WoW on Saturdays, but it looks like I may do Sundays instead (WoW is different since it is est...I can actually raid during the week with them).

Although this week and next are bad. My brother is in from Maryland this weekend and next weekend I probably will have to go to Cincinnati to visit with Grandma.

I did bring up in the officer forum that I needed someone to replace me and the response was mostly silence. I'm open to suggestions of new officers if people want to nominate them.
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

And what officers are they that are playing WoW? Smile
Leagliss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

i will help all i can if u need me to
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies folks - I became ill (some bug that lasted a couple days) then had some RL things come up that I had to take care of.

I should be back to normal raid schedule this coming week.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Officer Suggestions: Reply with quote

Okay then I'd nominate the following for promotion:
Aleax
Dashlen
Eirrica
Elaari
Elrico
Leagliss
Phaok
Pragg
Quirinus
Sorah
Vahlaura
Wdarby

Those are people I think will have the ability to lead raids, attend frequently, and know the encounters well. The list is long because some may not want responsibility, and I've neglected to mention the people others are nominating below this post because I forgot about them (it wasn't personal!).

Also I can't remember if SLs rank alongside Officers, but several of them (if not all) would be very, very good officers imo.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Not a Blame Game Reply with quote

I want to add that I didn't start this thread because I have issue with any officers or think they're doing a bad job whatsoever. On the contrary, I know for a fact many of our officers have raided when they're sick, or tired....and that just doesn't seem right.

What worries me is that we have 88 unique members, 11 squad leaders, and just 6 officers. The officers are people (generally speaking), and are going to be sick, they are going to have RL interviene, and they are going to want to take a break, and so its unfair that they feel obliged to log on to lead regardless. I, and many others in AH, have been guild and raid leader and put in so much work into it that we've burnt out and had to quit, and I do not want to see that happen with our guys.

So in short, this thread is no criticism on our leadership, but just a request you guys breed and make more of you.
Hearrun
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very eloquent and diplomatic Wwein.
Me, I prefer to lurk.

opps, stuck my neck out....Smile
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: pfft Reply with quote

pfft you just wanna watch them breeding
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: New Officers Reply with quote

I also would support any or all the characters that ww nominated. I totally support current officers needing breaks and time off for whatever reason. I was a guild leader for 5 years and its not the easiest thing to do, not only that but its very time and energy consuming. I dont know much about the zones we have been raiding but if need be i can do research and pitch in sometime, I am sure ww feels the same. (just didnt want ppl to think i was happily volunteering others without sticking my own neck out) I do beleive all the others have way more knowledge of the zones than i do but I am always willing to help in whatever way I can.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay a couple things here.

The biggest misconception here is that you have to be an officer to lead raids. You don't. When I first started leading raids I don't think I even was a squad leader. Officers are here to set policy for the most part. So six is really plenty to do that.

With that said, I think what you are wanting are raid leaders. Well Wwein, grats on your promotion! Both you and Leagliss should be able to see the raid leader forums and have access to set up raids and such. Ard, Wend, or I can guide you through entering them.

There's this old saying about putting your money where your mouth is...
GenomeReseekwensed
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, WWein... Own3d.

Or should I say 'Congratulations'?

Smile

D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: