Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 345
Members: 0
Total: 345
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SoF tier 1?
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SoF tier 1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saidyene
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: SoF tier 1? Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with the raids myself but do we have what it would take to bring down a tier 1 SoF raid mob? The few that I researched Octa the Collector in FM seamed the most viable. I'm certain most if not all of the members would be getting upgrades from these raids and it would be a great recruiting tool. What made me ask is Im working on my SoF grp armor and when i hit tier 4 I will only be able to upgrade through SoF tier 2+ and Solteris raids.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know the answer to this too.

On one hand it's hard to research much about the encounters because its new, and on the other hand it's much more appealing because....it's new. While I suspect most will be very challenging, there has to be something in our ball park there.
jaish
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be much harder than some of the EP Fabled can it?

[img]http://xs221.xs.to/xs221/07461/jaishsig.gif[/img]
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit you jinxed us!
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance. This isn't like velk in OoW...SoF tier 1 is meant for solteris equipped guilds in large numbers. For instance, the one tier 1 mob we did try (the dude in LP) completely raped us....I believe we may have gotten him to 98% for a second or two and that was with a relatively big force for AH (I think 45ish with solid healnig?). He is a 10K hitter that flurries, has AoE ramp and has waves of ass-beating mobs.

Think fabled plane of time when you think tier 1 SoF.....
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wirlem was certainly way too hard for us when we attempted him, but it's also worth pointing out we tried him during the period that SoF raid mobs were still disregarding AC above a camp (the 'rape' period): http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17756&page=9.

I still suspect this encounter would be too hard for us, but I think we'd also do a lot better than we did back then.

Does anyone know of any SoF targets more doable than Wirlem?
Culdahl

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no universal "fix" in regards to attack values in SoF....they tuned some mobs down (spires for example) and some mobs UP. Overall, however, the attack of mobs in SoF is far higher than previous expansions (think GoD type increase when GoD was current).

Keep in mind that, although people like bedavir and battleboob are utter retards, they are both likely buffing well over 5K AC and STILL taking extremely high ADIs. Our typical 3500 AC tank will be taking an ADI around 16+ on most mobs in SoF and all the healers on earth couldn't keep them alive with that type of incoming DPS.....this is further compounded by the fact that there has been a TON of mudflation in HPs since CoA and our 22K HP tanks wouldn't even survive an ADI of 10 (which is more than the best they could hope for with the AC our tanks have). End game tanks are hitting 40K+ these days, which is twice what our tanks are hitting.

This isn't just an issue of "omfg culd is a pessimist"; this is the reality of the situation. Even mobs in TSS are hitting for around 10K and we simply don't have the warrior rotation, nor the healers, to handle that type of incoming DPS. We need at least 3-4 elg-type warriors to have a chance moving forward and that's for content 1.5 years old.

That also doesn't account for "trash" mobs that most of our tanks, likely myself included, can't handle without a devoted cleric with a large mana pool and we were lucky to get enough clerics to fill a loop on the MT. Trash mobs in TSS = 5-6K/swing and no pally/shaman is going to keep up with that DPS on a lesser geared tank.

TSS would be doable with a full raid (or close to it) because the attack values aren't completely insane....in other words, even though mobs may hit for 12k+ they are highly unlikely to hit nearly that hard on a 4k+ AC tank, but you'll need a full raid because there aren't many "beat down" fights in TSS and you'll need 10+ clerics to handle most of the content.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm with Culd. T1 SoF would violate us. Lets just face it, even some of the "group" mobs like the squires in Crys would take a mini-raid for the majority of our people.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Not all of us, myself included, have the playtime or even the desire to farm 2k+ aa and all the best groupable gear. It does mean we have to limit our expectations and realize that we have clerics with 11.5k mana and 10k hps (hi2u Mitsukake) and some people who are still wearing gear with 150 hps/mana.

TSS is more of a possibility but we desperately need more clerics and two more solid warriors would not hurt. More dps would be good also...and more chanters...and shaman...err okay and well just more people in general.
Culdahl

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shieara:-) Someone sent me a PM on the SK forums (flatchy) about an RoV warrior led team wanting to join forces to do TSS raid content. I'm not sure if you can work out the details and such, but I just wanted to give you a head's up that you may be getting a /tell in-game about some sort of merging of forces.

As you know, I tried this with 3 other guilds to no avail (which was a big part of my reasoning for heading to WoW), but something like this really could help AH if the details could be worked out.

- Culd
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Culd et all,

I believe Flatchy is part of the Late Knights, which is an organization similar to AH that had a brief lifetime. Last I saw, they were killing Vule and setting up for Demi raiding, but that was about the time they fizzled out. Their MT afaik was Obsessive, who is within the top 15 on the server iirc. I know that several others current members were also part of Late Knights and I myself actually considered raiding with them because of their loot system which did not accumulate years worth of DKP.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: