Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 232
Members: 0
Total: 232
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Deathknell 1
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Deathknell 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Deathknell 1 Reply with quote

Copied from the Zerker forums:

Original Thread

http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5444&highlight=Deathknell

Important parts recopied below.

DK Event 1 Mechanics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, sadly enough the guild I am in was just breaking into Dk when the whole unlocked by level thing happened, so it makes all that time getting flagged for Dk seem wasted... but at least it was time well spent farming some gear. Anyway, last night we tried the first event with the gargs in the belltower. It seems for the first 15 min that you beat on each of the gargs so that they don't move forward, doing too little will allow them to step forward and doing more will allow you to push them back. Here's my question: WTF is up with this movement mechanic? At times, we would get one to the low 90s before the time period ended, and we would push it back. Mid 90s might keep it in its place, but less would mean a step forward. If we focused dps though, sometimes a mid 80s would be a step forward. WTF? It almost seems like each step either has its own % the mob needs to reach, or it is like the Balancer event in Tacvi where you need to get them to or near a certain % each step, but not too much. Anyone have any details on the mechanics of this event? I'm sure if we mess with it enough we will get it down, but it was just boggling my mind last night and I felt confused if I should go balls out or not on some rounds. I searched all over GoBer, Allah, and just plain old Googled all I could, but I never found too many details. If anyone has any tips to prevent my XP bar from taking a nosedive from that damn bell that would be great. Thanks, Huge.

Astroshak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, you need to aplit your raid up into 5 teams. The first four are there to push the gargoyles back so they don't ring the bell. The fifth is there to kill all the adds that pop during the event. You want a couple tanks for each of the first 4 teams, as well as their own healers and dps. I forget the step numbers, I want to say they start at step 1 and will ring the bell if they hit step 5. You want to push them from step 4 back to step 3, or at least prevent them from advancing from step 4 into step 5. After 15 minutes, they deactivate and the Zi-Thuuli mobs activate - each golem team's tanks and healers engage their wing's mob, while all the 4 team's dps focus on one at a time. I was always part of the dps crew rather than the add crew, I don't know if adds kept on spawning or not during this second part of the first phase. Kill all 4 of those mobs though, and you win phase 1.

roderage

Up until the final step (from 4 to 5), there is a random chance that a watcher can advance despite your best effort. It's just there to confuse you. All 4 watchers WILL get to step 4, no matter how much damage you do, eventually. Just make sure they get damaged past 90% at step 4 or you lose. 3 dps toons should have no problem at all keeping them from reaching the bell.

Merrox

The further away from the bell the gargs are, the more dmg they need to take to keep them further away. I will give you a couple tips. Slashing weapons have a dmg bonus on the gargs. The gargs do not summon. Have dps melee at max range. Have your tanks with their backs to one side of the hall, and dps on the other side. The idea is to present the back of the mobs to the dps to avoid dealing with mob's defenses. You will also find that it is much easier to strafe along the wall to stay in position and at max melee than moving back and forth in the hall. Casters may want to stand on the same side as the tanks as the gargs are belly casters. If someone other than a tank steals aggro, just strafe away. To conserve healer mana, you may even want to let the gargs take the first two steps unmolested. Keeping the gargs between steps 3 and 4 will probably be the most mana efficient.

#9 04-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Gamanern
Rabid Join Date: Aug 2007

Imp Edit: This is the important part!

We always let the gargs walk unhindered right up to the railing.

On the railing they need only 7-10% to move them back, and when they do move back, you have your tank and DPS move out of agro range, and have a 20 second break, it steps in back to position 4, you beat it for 20 seconds and it steps back, then 20 second break ... your healers shouldn't have much mana troubles then.

We double up tanks, having the bigger tank on the mob, and second tank ready to take over, but also ready to move to the new mobs on the 15 minute mark (start the timer when you see the first emote). The second tank holds the new mobs until the bigger tank can move into place and pull agro.

Just burn down those 4 mobs one at a time ... win!

The main thing to remember, 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off ... you only have to stop them ringing the bell.

Mchuge

Thanks for the tips guys. Gam hit it on the head, that is more the part of the mechaic I was looking for/how to get around. I understand the goal is to keep them away, but seems the % required to stop/push back is so wishy-washy until the last step that I was confusing myself. I like the on-off dps method you suggested, as after I logged that night th guild DID hold the gargs off for 15 minutes, but got hosed against the other gargs since they had no mana left. Thanks for the help folks, and yeah I wouldn't mind the dmg aug from Vertigo, as much as the extra proc aggro would suck, with volley back to normal it shouldn't be all that bad. Huge

Imp Edit: Remember Gargoyals have 5 places to stand, spots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If they stand in step 5 we get the AE. At spot 4 you need the least amount of DPS. Gargoyals can do 1 of 3 things!

1.Move forward
2.Move backwards
3.Stand still!

Just because your garg is close to the bell doesnt mean you no longer have to think about spots 2 and 3. Ideally you will be kicking him back and forth between 3 and 4.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in our group the gargoyle always was moving up at +90% and back at -90%.
Also holding the agro was a hard part.
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked like the gargoyles memwiped after the 20 second interval (ie right after the gargoyle moves forward, back, or stands still). By adopting the 20 sec on/off strat, we'd just let the tanks meet the mobs a second before the dps joins in and should be okay.

Imp next time we do this event, set a hotkey with a phrase like "Test 1". hit it right as you start DPS, again when it's called off, then /say the mob's HP. That'd be enough info for us to figure out how much damage we need to do on the gargoyles. From that we'd know the DPS required.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Raidomatic&page=ViewEncounterInfo&encounterid=311

Okay I've posted the first draft of the strat. Let me know if I forgot anything / got anything wrong / need to reward parts for clarity / you can answer any of the questions posed in the strat.

Thanks for the great input guys: Keep It Coming!
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger -- if its on the weekend ill have exact damage data!
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we got to phase 2 last night before we lost control, so we did...wait for it...AWESOME!!!

Okay so what we did was let them move up three steps then start dps. That seemed to work well for all groups. We had one group on adds. I tried to put a lot of casters there since the gargs are belly casters...nukers have a harder time on them.

Phase two what we need to do is have the ST from phase one pretarget the gargs before they come to life so that there is a smooth transition without them running all over the GD place. Also have a plan for the AE, just need them tanked in the corners.

So anyways we are SOOO close to winning this encounter. Phase one didn't seem like much of a challenge.

Oh yeah, on heals, Mitsu was able to keep Elric up with some backup from Tetra. Not sure exactly how much he was healing though.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your theory matches one of the posts from the link Imp provided...

Quote:
We always let the gargs walk unhindered right up to the railing.

On the railing they need only 7-10% to move them back, and when they do move back, you have your tank and DPS move out of agro range, and have a 20 second break, it steps in, you beat it for 20 seconds, then 20 second break ... your healers shouldn't have much mana troubles then.

We double up tanks, having the bigger tank on the mob, and second tank ready to take over, but also ready to move to the new mobs on the 15 minute mark (start the timer when you see the first emote). The second tank holds the new mobs until the bigger tank can move into place and pull agro.

Just burn down those 4 mobs one at a time ... win!

The main thing to remember, 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off ... you only have to stop them ringing the bell.

Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone capture logs that might hint the AE is preceded by an emote, or even that it's timed? Given the nature of the event, the latter may well be true. My net connection is abysmal atm so i can't check easily to see, so would someone post the name or emote of the AE if it isn't the gargoyle swipe already posted.
Panga
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugly post inc. I think this is all known stuff, just confirming it with logs.

Do you mean the AEs the Enforcers shoot off?
Code:
[Fri Sep 12 21:45:05 2008] Deathknell Enforcer begins to cast a spell. /Wings of the Gargoyle/

This is the knockback ZT uses, nasty 5500 -450 chromatic, 1000 range AE. However! This was being cast by only one Enforcer. See:
Code:
[Fri Sep 12 21:47:05 2008] Deathknell Enforcer begins to cast a spell. /Wings of the Gargoyle/
[Fri Sep 12 21:47:05 2008] Deathknell Enforcer begins to cast a spell. /Wings of the Enforcer/
[Fri Sep 12 21:47:05 2008] Deathknell Enforcer begins to cast a spell. /Wings of the Enforcer/

Wings of the Enforcer is the same except it's only 80 range. They fire every 30 seconds. So one of them doubles up, or there's some untargettable one in the middle or something who casts Gargoyle. So indeed, if they stay in their spawn corners and those who can stay out of range, we shouldn't get utterly destroyed like last time. Also definitely worth using Infusion for phase 2 for those without max resists, imo.
Code:
[Fri Sep 12 21:45:25 2008] Deathknell Enforcer begins to cast a spell. /Spreading Stone/
[Fri Sep 12 21:45:25 2008] Borammer stiffens.

ZT gargoyle curse. The stiffens might make a good trigger for people with cures, though it's easy enough to see them.

Just in case, this is the bell ringing stuff.

Code:
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] West Deathknell Watcher advances a few steps closer to the bell.
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] The Deathknell Watcher lurches forward and swats the bell.  A sickening dissonant tone rings out, and Ayonae Ro screams in horror.  The combined cacophany of sound brings you to your knees.
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] West Deathknell Watcher begins to cast a spell. /Cacophony of Pain/
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] You can't use that command right now...
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] Vabober rings a gigantic bell.
[Thu Aug 21 21:29:58 2008] Vabober has been slain by West Deathknell Watcher!

It happens instantly as soon as the watcher moves to the last step.
Code:
[Fri Sep 12 21:44:25 2008] The Deathknell Enforcer shudders slightly, shedding off flecks of ebon stone as it moves.  It looks as if it could spring into action at any moment.
[Fri Sep 12 21:44:47 2008] Deathknell Enforcer hits Elaari for 4140 points of damage.

This is the first instance of this 'phase 2 imminent' emote followed by the first attack I logged from an Enforcer. The emote was 14:58 after triggering the event.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very useful post, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: