Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 177
Members: 0
Total: 177
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Reinforcements - CoT Saturday Collaboration
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reinforcements - CoT Saturday Collaboration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn.... Cool as someone who enjoys raids, this should be fun Wink
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general this sounds great and I cannot wait for saturday. I do however have one comment. As I was reading the rules, it occurred to me that during joint raid nights, CoT members that belong to AH as well should probably by default represent thier guild. After all, if I were a CoT member, I would not want someone questioning my loyalty or holding a grudge because I chose to side with AH for the night instead of my guild. That said, lets kick ass and take names!
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, sounds great, i expect a 54 ppl full raid.
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Aleax
Yeah there was an interesting debate on this point. Some thought it inherently unfair for someone to earn dkp for both CoT and AH at once, though others pointed out if the member wasn't in AH then they'd still be earning CoT dkp for the raid anyways (and vica versa). We even discussed that it provides a slight incentive for mixing members - gives AHers an incentive to guild up with them and CoTers a reason to app to AH. In the end tetra did some complex math and discovered it makes very little difference whatsoever, so not worth worrying about Smile.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raid was great, deaded the dead dragon, woot, nice collaborate effort all.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i have any say in any matter given my recent raiding record but if we are doing every other loot to ah then cot then it kinda does matter if someone is in both since they would get to roll on all loot where others only get to roll on half... dkp i agree doesnt make much difference but rolling or biding or whatever would imo...
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the document we're putting together that defines the terms of our arrangement, dual members must select which organization they will select loot from for the night.

You can't loot from both organizations during alliance raids, though you will get DKP from both organizations (whether you're a member of both or not).
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats also assuming that the alternating loot rule stays in. Who knows how that will evolve. Regardless -- no one has any chance to get more loot than anyone else -- and we all get the progression which will attract more recruits to AH (not just from CoT.) Hence more loot on other nights.

A tad early to tell -- but still very promising.

Also -- tetra -- thats an excellent document. Thanke much mate for helping everyone.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our attendance on these CoW nights have been pretty low. Please give your feedback on this (publically here, or send a private anon PM as you feel best). If it's an issue of timing please let me know that too and we might be able to change things to accomodate the most people.
Wimpel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the raid full both times?

I couldn't even get in on the second raid due to being a little late.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekends are just a little busy right now with the holidays looming overhead.. its not the time of the night for me but rather the day of the week... after next weekend i think i will be fine until we get closer to xmas Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be an issue with the time the raiding starts. I for one normally get home about the time these CoW raids start. I have no time to unwind or find dinner if I want to join these raids, so I have to pass on them. I have also noticed in chat that some people like to join the raid, but didnt realize it started that early. Another thing that could be causing low turn-out on AH"s part is the number of CoT people in raid already. Maybe both sides should decide on a max number of people to represent them. Then if one side doesnt fill their slots, the other one can fill with their people(ie..both sides have 36 slots designated for them. AH only fills 30 of theirs...this can allow CoT to add 6 of their people.).
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem here is that people must be on and ready since the beggining.
Be on time and ready for RI is important, is very difficult find an open spot once raid is started.
The FC/AG progression raids are long (specially Odeen) so the start time is ok imo.[/i][/u]
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes wimpel the raids have been full, but are filled with CoT and AH at a ratio of 3:2. Part of this is due to ditching boxes, and therefore having less physical presence than normal, but there's also individuals who aren't attending. With 54 player maxes in these raids it hasn't affected the success of the raid as a whole, but from the point of view of AH I am wanting to determine the cause.

As mentioned above, CoT finish a raid and run right into this one, whereas AH is needed to show at an unusual time for us. So far a few people have mentioned the early raid times to be a problem, please post if this or anything else if the cause if you've not yet had your say! Its very important to do so or else we don't know to change things!
Selvan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing that the time does have a lot to do with low AH attendance. The nature of AH is that they raid late, and that allows people who can not be on early to raid when they are available. Changing the time earlier probably makes it so that some just can not be there on time, and would not be able to be on time if their EQ carrer depended on it. This might not be the case with all of AH's raiders, but I am sure it is an issue for some.

Calling for everyone to be "on time" to make the raid, while pracitcal, and needed for a raid force to remain strong, will not help anyone who has other commitments and can not "be on time" at this earliar time frame. I would expect to see some drop off from AH's attendance due to this, and a 3:2 ratio does not seem too out of line.

Unfortunatly the allied guild probably also has things barring them from raiding later, so the raid time might already be the best we can get, and it will just leave some out of being able to participate. If the time can be moved later it might help some of these people, but it might also mean a drop off of people late in the raid for raiders who can not stay late.

If there are people on line and not showing for these raids, then there might be another issue, but that would not be involved with timming at all, and I can not speak for those people. Personally I will attend these raids when I can to support After Hours. I do have RL commitments, and work night shift one week out of every four, so if you do not see me on these raids, that is the reason, and not the time frame.

Selvan

Last edited by Selvan on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: JOINT RAIDS Reply with quote

In order to do joint raids with anyone and continue progression we will have to make the time compromise one night a week. I know everyone will not be able to make it everytime but being its on saturday i think most can make it a few times. Even if we do joint raids with other guilds i suspect the time frame will be the bigger compromise. I just ask you all to keep that in mind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tael
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickens wtf if i can get on to EQ i'll show u chicken
Tuamaas
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little late here but I attended the Vergalid raid and with one fail then a swiftly successful attemtp I would say that this venture would be a good thing for AH
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: