Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 364
Members: 0
Total: 364
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - I need something funny to read (bored at work)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need something funny to read (bored at work)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: I need something funny to read (bored at work) Reply with quote

Ok, who has the best Everquest death they've experienced?

Mine happened back in Kunark era. I was on a PoFear raid with my guildmates on the Erollisi Marr server. We just engaged the Dracolich and I was getting AE'd left and right by him and getting a bit annoyed by it. Right as I did a /rude at the Dracolich, Cazic Thule didn't seem to like my obscene gesture and instantly Death Touched me. The entire raid saw that and was cracking up for quite a while

Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering your Q:

The best death I ever witnessed was a necro named psychosoul who was a guildy at the time in a now long dead BB raiding guild. He was always one to show off, and had just gotten a new toy. We zoned into a hard LDoN, back when they were pretty new, and he said: "I'm gonna check if it's safe!"

So out pops an eye of zomm, and the eye of zomm stands there with the group while psychosoul runs into the dungeon and promptly dies as about 20 mobs smack him around.

We all had fun telling him it wasn't safe.

Moral: When you get your uber holgresh elder beads, take the time to use them a few times so you know how they work.

Also check this out:

http://www.classicshorts.com/

Lot's of good light reading for a workday
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostin wrote:
So out pops an eye of zomm, and the eye of zomm stands there with the group while psychosoul runs into the dungeon and promptly dies as about 20 mobs smack him around.

lol!

One of my silliest deaths was in PoFire on a night of Headshotting. I had pulled most of the mobs from the second fort, bunched them up and started casting my AE roots. I get interrupted the first, started recast, interrupted, recast again (this is the normal approach until channeling works). I had been a little ballsy and let my HP get to 1% before weapon shielding... it sounds low, but they don't hit very hard. Knowing I have 42 seconds before that can hit me, I figured I could heal later and kill in the meantime, so I hit my bandolier to switch to my fast bow... bam I'm dead. It took me a few minutes to figure out what happened. It turned out that my fast bow bandolier was about 1k fewer HP than my normal set, so yes, death my bandolier!

One of my funniest witnessed deaths was on one of the first events I ever led, Kangur, this huge spider in Valde. We were gathered under the bridge facing her, and I had just finished announcing that She hits hard and that when we charge we need to go in together. As if on cue, Phaok accidentally hit his autorun when AFKing and we all stood about and watched as he charged straight toward Kangur. You couldn't help but think of David and Golliath as he heroically charged at Kangur all by himself. You couldn't help wonder if he might just pull it off and beat the mighty Kangur. And you couldn't help but laugh when Kangur absolutely splattered him within half an attack round.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL, I remember that, Wwein. Laughing

Phaok bravely charged the raid mob, while the rest of us watched..... Laughing
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, my Wizard was running through Dreadlands with a box toon in tow. I didn't realize my invis dropped from a See Invis junk mob. So, there I am running in mid-air towards Karnors and next thing I see is 2 of my buffs vanish. Ultimately causing both my toons to fall to their death.

Apparently, some kind of Z-axis bug occurred while a raid was killing Gornaire at the time. I was pretty much right over-top of them at the right time for it to happen.

*Mayday! Mayday!...Wizard flight 205 going down!*

Kelv
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of strange Z axis things...

My funniest death occurred in the Western Wastes just outside the zone in to Dragon Necropolis. I was fighting a mob that we had aggro'd on the run there and at the time they hadn't changed (nerfed) AoE spell lockouts so that they will not stack. It was fairly mana efficient then to pick a couple of your best and have at it. I guess there was a named dragon wandering on the cliff edge above where we were and one of my AoE spells hit the dragon. The dragon immediately summoned me to him high in the air above and I began falling to my death. It was pretty crazy to be standing there one second and summoned/falling the next...

-Kelv
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the night Phaok died. Laughing
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Funniest Deaths Reply with quote

Well mine wasnt just 1 death it was more than 25. Yes 25. I was a true noob to EQ when I started, actually a noob to all rpg online games. So anyway, i was lvl 22 and i RAN (yes ran) my brave bard from Kelethin all the way to Highpass Hold to meet some friends of mine to group up. They said this was the place to be at this lvl. We played a bit then my friends had to log for dinner and we picked up a couple other toons to fill their spots. I paid no attention to the Shaman who said he was going to bind himself in the Raider room so that it would make it easier to go back and forth from the banker. (Also didnt notice that he bound everyone in group there as well)
So about an hr later one of my friends logs back on and said lets go to South Karana. Okay so off i go. I get to the long high pass down out of HPH and into West Karana (I believe) and I ran off the edge of the cliff due to lag (dial up back then). Loading please wait.
Back in raider room!! No one is here but me and 6 mobs. Whack Whack whack dead again. Loading please wait. Ok this time I am going to run out fast... Loading please wait. After about 8 deaths I call my friend on the phone and say please come to raider room and train mobs out. (she had a lvl 35 character) She said she was on the way. In the mean time another Player gets there and starts dragging my corpses up near the banker. In the mean time I am in a true death cycle. By the time i got 1 rez to get me out of the raider room I looked back and the pile of Laenyani Corpses was so big it blocked the entire stairwell. I ended up loosing 2 1/2 lvls LMAO.
Something I will never forget and I at least had the good sense to laugh about then and now or I would have probably left EQ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Phaok
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain that I didn't afk, but nobody ever believes me.

My computer display used to lock up on me back when I didn't realize that SLI cards require a beefy PS. So my comp would lock up and I'd be stuck doing what I was last doing until LD.

I kept offering to do it again, but either Ww wouldn't let me, or nobody offered me enough to do it.

I think the funny thing is though, I managed to get the aug out of the deal, and I didn't get the dkp for the kill.
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't remember if you LD'd or locked up right before your kamikaze run, but I didn't think you went afk.

Miss you, btw. When you coming back?
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phaok wrote:
I think the funny thing is though, I managed to get the aug out of the deal, and I didn't get the dkp for the kill.

Fixed!
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, when you coming back, bro?

You're very missed. Though you wouldn't believe how many folks took up your habit of giving me s***! Mad
Phaok
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pipe dream if I ever come back.

Just got to the point where I can't put in the time and effort to keep up as an active raider, and the game isn't the same to me as a casual grouper (or groper).

I still troll the forums keeping up with what's AH is accomplishing, and where AH is going, but I think that's as far as my EQ is going to be.

I'm glad to know I'm missed, but I think I'm even gladder that Gimpy is getting what he deserves! hehe. Keep up the good work!
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RL over EQ, bro. Stay safe, and know we miss ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: