Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 260
Members: 0
Total: 260
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SoD vs. MMM
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SoD vs. MMM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Decisions Decisions, Do we want to focus on MMM or SoD raids for the near future.
MMM all the way to Crystallos
87%
 87%  [ 27 ]
SoD or bust
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to forums (this is all subject to change0 group gear is 1k hp/m/e, with good AC.

That siad, mobs are insane (supposedly) with trash hitting for 7k. Some call it GoD 2.0.

Until UF is live, I'm thinking AH needs to raid what we can to gear up. Once it goes live, I think folks trying to group with a gimp tank, 2 dps, and 3 mercs will get their ass haded to them. That is what all forums say, and the devs say it's what they want.

If you doubt me, check station's UF thread. Dev stated outright that UF will be hard.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elric wrote:
According to forums (this is all subject to change0 group gear is 1k hp/m/e, with good AC.

That siad, mobs are insane (supposedly) with trash hitting for 7k. Some call it GoD 2.0.

Until UF is live, I'm thinking AH needs to raid what we can to gear up. Once it goes live, I think folks trying to group with a gimp tank, 2 dps, and 3 mercs will get their ass haded to them. That is what all forums say, and the devs say it's what they want.

If you doubt me, check station's UF thread. Dev stated outright that UF will be hard.

I can confirm this due i am in beta. I got a FULL suit of UF top -raid- gear and my stats went to like 65kHP / 7500 AC ... and 2 trash mobs in a lower tier smacked me in no time (merc was up and in reactive).
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
So is the rumor that UF group gear is going to be better than or equal to Korafax raid gear the reason why the Calendar target are primarily SoD raids?

Are we no longer going to be looking at any more MMM targets or progressing to Crystallos?

Group gear in UF is divided on tiers, the highest tier is locked behind progression (visibles and non-visibles). However, the lowest tier is better than MMM including the AC.

Examples of "worst" group gear:

And this is a waist item from Kerafym (best SoF)
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74506

So yeah, likely no more MMM.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah kinda seems mmm gear is not really gonna be an upgrade once u have UF gear. that part is gonna be hard to tho unless you are already pretty well geared as mentioned above 7k trash, pullers a must from what i hear or cc and both sometimes. im guessing that we really wont get too much group gear from underfoot for a bit cause it will be so hard but then again we might get lucky. but either way we need to gear up 1 way or another to even survive in uf so i wouldnt say mmm is completely done but it seems close

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendalor wrote:
yeah kinda seems mmm gear is not really gonna be an upgrade once u have UF gear. that part is gonna be hard to tho unless you are already pretty well geared as mentioned above 7k trash, pullers a must from what i hear or cc and both sometimes. im guessing that we really wont get too much group gear from underfoot for a bit cause it will be so hard but then again we might get lucky. but either way we need to gear up 1 way or another to even survive in uf so i wouldnt say mmm is completely done but it seems close

As long as we treat the new content as a raid we will. Underfoot is going to be GoD 2.0 and you are going to need a pretty near perfect group set up to function "well" in the content. That being said if we treat it like we did when SoD came out and smash group content as a raid we should be ok and might even get a few loots.

I would love to finish MMM but we need full raids of 54 toons every night in order to do it. We also need a few Beefy tanks that can take the punishment that these mobs are laying down. I am afraid that until we have that no matter how bad we want to focus on MMM we wont be able to consistantly beat any of those events.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, when SoD first came out, AH would do 1 night of "raiding" one of the SoD zones. We set up camp somewhere (like Tosk center, or CoD 4-way) and wiped out the whole area, farming named mobs and new gear and new spells.

Depending on how things go with UF, that might be an option. We help farm group gear that is MMM raid gear quality, then use that upgrade to help with our SoD raids.

Here's a couple links from last year -
http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=DKP&funct=ViewRaid&raid_id=2565

http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=DKP&funct=ViewRaid&raid_id=2568
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
Last year, when SoD first came out, AH would do 1 night of "raiding" one of the SoD zones. We set up camp somewhere (like Tosk center, or CoD 4-way) and wiped out the whole area, farming named mobs and new gear and new spells.

Depending on how things go with UF, that might be an option. We help farm group gear that is MMM raid gear quality, then use that upgrade to help with our SoD raids.

Here's a couple links from last year -
http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=DKP&funct=ViewRaid&raid_id=2565

http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=DKP&funct=ViewRaid&raid_id=2568

lead a tosk one last year and we had like 12 loots in one raid to random off, lol.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, that's what I'm thinking. Get some gear, then retry some of the SoD raids.
Aergon
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need try Korafax, the Giant event maybe is doable for AH if we have a full raid force
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aergon wrote:
we need try Korafax, the Giant event maybe is doable for AH if we have a full raid force

Dec 19 for that ... be there ! hehe
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: my vote Reply with quote

My vote goes for MMM to Crystallos, but I could be persuaded that SoD raiding would make more sense.

In one of the arguments I read, there is a belief that the tanks especially need MMM raid gear to do well in SoD raids.
If that truly is the case, then we should focus our efforts on upgrading these tanks in a systematic way so we all can move on to the bigger & better raid targets.

In short, I think we should do whatever will make us stronger as a group, and since our tanks need better stuff to do SoD, then we should get them that stuff from MMM.

However it works out, I am up for anything!
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: my vote Reply with quote

Savaraine wrote:
My vote goes for MMM to Crystallos, but I could be persuaded that SoD raiding would make more sense.

In one of the arguments I read, there is a belief that the tanks especially need MMM raid gear to do well in SoD raids.
If that truly is the case, then we should focus our efforts on upgrading these tanks in a systematic way so we all can move on to the bigger & better raid targets.

In short, I think we should do whatever will make us stronger as a group, and since our tanks need better stuff to do SoD, then we should get them that stuff from MMM.

However it works out, I am up for anything!

That is what we are tying for. Just need the tanks to gear up so we can start wining the events in MMM.
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our current roster of tanks that I see showing up are geared ok.

Stats according to SOE War leader board:

Tanks that show sporadicallly....

Elgluth - totally Anon
Ohunk - #12 - 39.5hp 5.37ac
Anuerin - #14 - 38.0hp 5.39ac
Endiment - #27 - 33.2hp 5.57ac

Tanks showing more regularly....

Elrico - #33 - 32.2hp 4.45ac
Carraamon - #42 - 31.2hp 4.63ac
Dordolmer - #46 - 31.1hp 4.40ac
Voronicaz - #47 - 29.5hp 4.58ac

This is only warriors and not any Pal or SK tanks.

This means that we have some relatively well geared tanks that should be able to handle the events provided we have sufficient healing and dps.

With all that being said, I am quite certain that we will not be doing any MMM at all. As much has already been stated in this thread...

Hasseo wrote:

Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:

With all that being said, I am quite certain that we will not be doing any MMM at all. As much has already been stated in this thread...

Hasseo wrote:

Yeah .... at least not with me leading hehe
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasseo75 wrote:
Elrico wrote:

Hasseo wrote:

Yeah .... at least not with me leading hehe

I would lead MMM no problem, only one I dont like is brinda, but I would need all 4 of those tanks to show for it. Also, I think Vor's comp is down or something. We have had the healing latley which is nice but it always seems like we are always missing either warrior, dps or healing, hehe. If we get a good showing we can do MMM.

I suggest that all of you pick up a Stalking Probe or 5 and keep them on you so you can open the doors without having to rely on others. I carry 2 fresh ones on me just in case now days, lol.

I am all for doing them as an open raid on Weds if we have a good core group show. Of course depending on how well it went the guests would either never show again or be all about it, lol.

I really dont want to give up on MMM and Cryst just becasue I think it would be nice to try those events if for nothing else the augs. Anywho, you might find us doing some MMM on Wednesdays.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
I really dont want to give up on MMM and Cryst just becasue I think it would be nice to try those events if for nothing else the augs. Anywho, you might find us doing some MMM on Wednesdays.

I'd love to go through it all as well, but it's just not looking good. Also, you can't really do MMM on the "open raid" night due to flag requirements.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
Acoma wrote:

I'd love to go through it all as well, but it's just not looking good. Also, you can't really do MMM on the "open raid" night due to flag requirements.

Well, seeing as most of AH is now flagged I would just piggy in what I could and pick the classes I needed from the list. I think I could make it work, or I may be dreaming again, hehe.

I just hate to say never after everything that went into getting this far.
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cringe at the thought of Open raids in MMM...

don't forget the learning curve affect. taking a group of noobs in there and asking them not to click on doors... good luck !

I would still love to do it and see the events, just like I would love to go back to DSK, Solteris, Deathknell... but I just don't see it happening. Maybe on Sunday night raids, but not likely on normal AH raid nights.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
I cringe at the thought of Open raids in MMM...

don't forget the learning curve affect. taking a group of noobs in there and asking them not to click on doors... good luck !

I would still love to do it and see the events, just like I would love to go back to DSK, Solteris, Deathknell... but I just don't see it happening. Maybe on Sunday night raids, but not likely on normal AH raid nights.

All newb in group with seasoned mage, they all get CoTHed to the rinal spot. Problem solved, well one at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: