Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 233
Members: 0
Total: 233
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - everyone please read
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

everyone please read
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you bud and cobra.. i know i said i would watch this but im going to need someone else to take over. i am having some health problems again (hopefully nothing major but i really dont know yet, i may need surgery again) so i also will not be raiding except maybe on rare occasions until i can get this taken care of. just wanted to let everyone know what is happening with me and i hope another sl will step up and keep the peace in this thread for me. thanks everyone for all the input and hopefully we can put some of it to good use to improve thing. some of the suggestions ar eunfortunatly not possible for us for various reasons, and some of the problems we know and just dont know how to fix. we are people too and sometimes we fall short. but we miss those of you we do not see and would like to see you back. we would like the chnace to make ah a better place together. Smile hope to see everyone in game again soon. Smile take care everyone.
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are in our thoughts and prayers, PT. Smile

God speed on your recovery and return Very Happy
Rwekk
Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Not been playing EQ, really busy w/ RL.
2. Guild lock outs (might change w/ underfoot)
3. raid times, after 3 or 4 hours w/ RoV to go directly to AH raids thats a lot of uninterupted time at the keyboard. (i know some do it, my hat off to them)
4. I'm still pissed Rogues don't get priority on Daggers. I wanted to see AH progress. Not cripple it w/ thoughtless loot distribution. Why do we give chanters first shot at runes for haste?? (no need to fire this arguement up again, but these are my reasons for no attendance)

5. A lot of uncessary waiting around. i've heard all the excuses, spare me. But I like to raid, not wait idle in a zone hoping to raid.

Too harsh? Hi my name is Rwekk.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few reasons I have been absent and avoiding forums, channels and/or raids.

1. Guild lock out issues (Been trying to use bard when I can to still help on raids though)

2. Got tired of hearing some people complaining about loot distribution, wanting loot handed to them instead of earning it the way other classes would have to. (Rehashed too many times already in other posts)

3. Got tired of hearing some people complaining about AH policies on DKP/tiers and how leaders are running things. (Unfortunately RLers have to deal with a lot of non hard core raiders in AHs more relaxed atmosphere)

4. And of course Real Life is always more important and been skipping out on EQ a lot more for it as of late, but with the cold cold weather setting in, I should be around more myself until the ice melts.
Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a little late but here anyways. Most if not all of you know that I had a job where I worked late nights. Well as of the Friday before last I lost said job. I have been currently in search of another and spend some time on the internet searching and posting my resume.

I have little issue with how things where ran when I was raiding every night I could or how I felt loot distribution was dealt with. There are reasons for all things but this is not one of mine.

Anyways if all goes well I should be back to raiding full time as soon as this week. And I hope to bring in the warrior to help out on the tanking needs.

P.S. If any warriors want to send me a tell ingame to give me some pointers on tanking tactics please feel free. Yes I have read the tanking forum but I got lost after the countless posts on augs.

elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck on the job hunt, Puvia. I look forward to seeing you back raiding.

Rwekk, I understand your frustration, and wish I could do more to help placate the frustration.

Oakblade, when possible, we appreciate your help.
Cantinal
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my little thought on this is 2 fold. I have the problem of raiding with RoV also, and tho my enchanter was in AH and not my mage which i raid RoV with, still made for some LONG nights...

I have had to drop cantinal account as I can not afford to upgrade both accounts right now and guess which one matters more right now....

I will raid with mage to keep attendance and to help out but not every night of course...

and I will not rehash everything that has been said but I agree with most but... not everyone comes to this website... I mean a reponse of 31 people on a poll when 40 people or so show up for raids is kind of close but the same 40 people dont show up every day...

Keep on Keeping on
Sorah
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't been raiding with AH since last September! For years, I've been going through RL health issues. I have shared this news to a selected few. In the last week, my work hours have reduced, so I look forward to raiding some with AH again .
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lack of attendance is due to a combination of personal issues, work schedule, RoV's raid schedule, and lockout timer conflicts. The personal issue is no longer an issue, so now I'm trying to come when I can... Which is pretty much only Friday nights, and possibly the occasional late night Saturday. However, I do hang out in the chat channel, because I like it there and I like to talk too much :p
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

./em wraps one arm around Sorah, the other around Maneki.

./em begins to hum "Pretty Woman..."

./ducks
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elric wrote:
./em wraps one arm around Sorah, the other around Maneki.

./em begins to hum "Pretty Woman..."

./ducks

I hope you are not calling us hookers? Sad
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT AT ALL! Sad

I just like to surround myself with attractive females Laughing
Shoker
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I havent been on, I mentioned my computer issues in an earlier post along with personal issues. I might have time to look at my computer today. When I turn it on, the fans and everything are running accept the monitor isnt getting any input. And the power light isnt going on. I think it might be a powersource issue but I am not computer savy. I will be stripping it down to bare minimum and seeing if it works then. I tried 2 different graphics card and both didnt work. Once I get this fixed im eager to rejoin the ranks. Happy holidays all
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, are you sure your monitor works? Do you have another computer to try that on as well?

Also, and I know this sounds silly but believe me after 25yrs in the business, it is a valid question. Are all the cable connections secure? You keep mentioning the fans running but the power light isn't going on. Power light on the monitor or the computer? Sometimes those things have a way of wiggling out of the back of the monitor a little if you turn it back and forth.

Dunno, just a thought. Good luck!
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just go with the flow of things i would like to see more mmm raids but now underfoot is out i wonder what kind of raids we can do there
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just go with the flow of things i would like to see more mmm raids but now underfoot is out i wonder what kind of raids we can do there

This is being discussed now in officers forums. We still want to maintain our game plan and progress through content that benefits AH the most. However we all want to see/experience the new zones as well. Stay tuned for developements in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: