Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 325
Members: 0
Total: 325
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rallos Returns
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rallos Returns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Rallos Returns Reply with quote

Folks, I awarded no OTB for the raid, as it took 30 minutes after OTM to be at the archivist.

I suggest all who have trouble reaching RCC on their own, practice it before Saturday. I refuse to do any more calls . Either you can reach the zone in, or you've been held by the hand for too long.

On the flip side, I gave out 4 tiers for last Saturdays attempt at the regular version of RR.
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you all haveing trouble with people invising and running the wall in warrens to Rathe STILL. Dear Lord.

On the raid part though, have you all won since the change with having to open the door to trigger the mobs yet? I have now attempted it, only three times now, and have yet to get the zek boys killed with the mobs left in the zone.

Not as easy as before but may still be doable with enough toons. Hope to be able to make a raid to 2 this week. Work is once again going CRAZy and making my head hurt but thats life.

Happy hunting all.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to make a return to the game again. I think I still remember the way to this target. If I remember correctly, it was hit or miss with the see invis mobs.

elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running to zone in isn't hard, just inviz, con mobs when otm, and hug the wall and climb high to skirt the SI mobs to the zone in, then float down, and zone in.

We got close, Acoma, on Sat night's attempts. This was doing it the normal way, tank and spank.

Kreavan, great to see ya back man Cool
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly someone always trains the zone in area Mad
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elric wrote:
Running to zone in isn't hard, just inviz, con mobs when otm, and hug the wall and climb high to skirt the SI mobs to the zone in, then float down, and zone in.

We got close, Acoma, on Sat night's attempts. This was doing it the normal way, tank and spank.

Kreavan, great to see ya back man Cool

I so miss that term, "tank and spank", brings back memeories of Elg and Endi and old content raids. Gratz on that then seeing as the tank and spank method is MUCH harder than using the mobs in the zone for sure. I hope to figure it out soon and be able to log into EQ this week at least once.

Laters and damn Kreavan hurry back cause we need some BL loving for sure.
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Rallos Returns Reply with quote

The only see invs mobs you should encounter in the warrens are right before the zone in to RCC. If you climb high on the wall on the right side you can easily float down to the entrance and by pass all the mobs. Last week I heard several people ask for or say they didnt have a way to invise themselves. This is totally unacceptable. All raiders should have some form of Self invise along with some form of shrink. If you do not have some form of shrink please look up on allah how to camp the http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=12966 Wand of Imperceptibility. Wwein set up an audio trigger that went off on Imperceptible so we would know when the mob spawned. Otherwise mage and pet set at the camp and pet killed everything that spawned automatically. No chance of dying and by the time audio trigger went off and i walked to my pc the mob was dead all i had to do was loot the wand. Mercs work as well now days i would say. [/code]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go high on the left side, I guess either way works but it is easier for me to 3 box my crew to the zone in on the leftside. Just get invis and try to touch the ceiling all the way and you will be fine. Remember to stay tight to to the door/zoneline when you drop down as the verchiki (sp?) are the ones that see invis and are close by.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on this awhile back ( the getting to RCC part anyway ). As has been said, it's not that hard. The ONLY issue I've had is that if I go too high I sometimes get stuck above the "ceiling" and have to gate and try again. Now I just stay on the wall but not too high.

As for invsy and shrink: Laeny is absolutely right. It has been a long standing req. that ALL raiders have some form of self invsy and self shrink. IF you have a groupie that can help you out, great, but to hold up the raid b/c your too lazy or absent minded to get invsy and shrink pots. is just disrespectful to everyone. IF you cannot find a shrink device or potion ( and by this I mean that you have actually spent some time 1) researching such things and 2) actively looking for/pursuing said items ) then you can PM me and either Ybolla or Oolah or a combo of both can make you something that will serve the purpose. That being said- I will NOT become your personal vendor for shrink pots or tinkered X item. In a pinch I can help, with some advance warning, but I just don't have time or bank space to supply the raid ea. night.

I now return you to regularly scheduled forum browsing.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleax wrote:
I usually go high on the left side, I guess either way works but it is easier for me to 3 box my crew to the zone in on the leftside. Just get invis and try to touch the ceiling all the way and you will be fine. Remember to stay tight to to the door/zoneline when you drop down as the verchiki (sp?) are the ones that see invis and are close by.

Just FYI there is a bug high on the left hand side where you can get ABOVE the zone. it is really weird and you have to gate out to get out. Has only happened to me 3 times or so out of 300 runs through.
Just have to watch going too high in one spot on the left right past the catapults.
Summ
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: RR Raid Reply with quote

Why are we still doing RR raid after Sony changed it to make it much harder to bet it, just to say we have done it. AH has farmed the RR raid for some time and got lot of loots from the raid. If sony is going to make it harder to bet it that is cool. But do we reallly need to raid it with 50+ member the raid. Or should be using that raid force on moving forward on getting member flaged to the Toward raids?
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR event still holds drops that many people in AH can benefit from.

Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kreavan wrote:
RR event still holds drops that many people in AH can benefit from.

While this is true, I think Summ's point is this -

If we are going to spend the entire night wiping to a raid, shouldn't it be a Korafax raid that we actually need for progression?

Raids fall into several categories-

1. Raids that are easily farmable so we can get loot.
2. Raids that are a requirement for us to beat in order to progress further.
3. Raids that are just there. They might be new to us and we are trying to learn, but they don't fall into either 1 or 2.

Rallos raid was in #1 category, now it's in #3.
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Rallos Returns Reply with quote

If we dont beat it this week im happy to move on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just move on to kora raids...other raids unlock rk3 spells from zeb even if they dont technically progress they get us advancements. anyone have a link to what raids does what i cant find one i really wanna know already Confused

Famka
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the raid was over, Vahl and I tested something and it looks like we may be using our first strat again, with some minor adjustments.
I think we can beat this one again, and keep it on the farm list.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've died to this damned raid so many times since the change, I WANT TO WIN JUST FOR REVENGE! Mad

Loot, spell gems are something most members need. I just want REVENGE!
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is deffinatly harder and I dont think we can "tank and spank" it yet. If you have enough FD/fade classes you can still do it in a similar way to the way it use to be but you have to be very fast, in place when the doors are opened, and have it all timed to almost perfect in order to still have enough mobs at the end to kill rallos, Have been very close but usually something happens before RR dies, like a nutty council memeber dieing or something.

May be better to try the Crystal core or other Earth theme raid until we get this one figured out.
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Rallos Returns Reply with quote

I am going to try this one more time this Sat. If we do not beat it We will move on to either Crystal Core or A council Divided.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Rallos Returns Reply with quote

laenyani wrote:
I am going to try this one more time this Sat. If we do not beat it We will move on to either Crystal Core or A council Divided.

By the way i posted what I have been trying in the raid strat part. Have gotten close but dont really have the man power on my own to make it work. If you want to try this week in non-raid hours let me know and will help any way I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: