Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 256
Members: 0
Total: 256
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Raid timeliness
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raid timeliness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Raid timeliness Reply with quote

I know some are coming from their own guild raids that just got out. I know people have RL things they had to get done first.

But last night was, again, a 30 minute session of "add the player" while we all sit around. People always get irratated, especially the raid leaders who have to (1) Add a player to raid, (2) Add a player to the mission expedition, (3) Shuffle the player into a suitable group and sometimes (4) get them into a mage group for CoH first and then back out into another group.

After doing this for 30 minutes, somebody who was on time will make a comment like "Hey, let's get this raid moving!" in the chat channel.

Believe me, we would like nothing more. But everyone has to do their part, and showing up on time is one of those things.

The raid leaders look at the raid window at START TIME, and often have to make a decision on what to do based on that turn out. Last night we were supposed to do Tower, but decided to start with Venom Lord because we simply didn't have the people to make the attempt.

In the end, it ended up being a decent turn out, and we got a Tower event done. But it is very hard for the raid leaders to make a decision on what to do first based on "well, we will hope the other 18 people show up soon".

I've removed the names, but you'll get the idea of how much work is going on, and how much different things might be if we had people showing up early instead of late.

Raid start time is 20:00
The OTB roll is done, more people getting added during the next 10 minutes. We are moving into zone while adding people and getting set up for Venom Lord.

[Fri Jul 30 20:02:34 2010] Yamakahn tells the raid, 'all present please roll 7843 for OTB please'

[Fri Jul 30 20:02:49 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:02:49 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:02:52 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:03:06 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:03:09 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:04:43 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:04:48 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:06:51 2010] *** joined the raid.

Now 15 minutes have already gone by, and here is the list.

[Fri Jul 30 20:15:58 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:16:13 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:20:16 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:25:40 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:29:23 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:31:41 2010] *** joined the raid
[Fri Jul 30 20:33:14 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:36:40 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 20:50:50 2010] *** joined the raid.

[Fri Jul 30 20:52:50 2010] Elricvonclief tells the raid, 'Atathus, please count us down'

Notice we finally engaged 52 minutes after start time, and that we were STILL ADDING PEOPLE at the time.

And of course as soon as event was over, it was back to adding people.

[Fri Jul 30 21:07:25 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:08:52 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:13:26 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:31:40 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:35:51 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:36:47 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:37:05 2010] *** joined the raid.
[Fri Jul 30 21:41:58 2010] *** joined the raid.

If we don't have the people to do what we want to do, we switch to something else we can do with the names in the window. We will not go to Tower with low numbers and sit and stare at the mob while we wait and hope more people show up. We will go do Pallorax hardmode with the 36 people who were there first and everyone who is late can sit out.

Last edited by Zacatac on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And further example of how this usually goes.

Raid was formed and started at 20:00

23 minutes later --
[Fri Jul 30 20:23:55 2010] 'hiya all - room ?'

[Fri Jul 30 20:29:49 2010] *** 'can i get a coh - no fixed invis'

[Fri Jul 30 20:32:32 2010] Elricvonclief tells the raid, 'Ilumia, call *** please'

[Fri Jul 30 20:33:30 2010] Ilumia tells AHraid:2, '** is with raid'

So now, 33 minutes after start time, the 1 player arrives. We go through this over and over again each time somebody pops into channel after start time.

People who don't show up to the raid, have to catch up, and we all have to wait around while the raid leader is shuffling. Therefore we don't get started on the actual event until at least 30 minutes after raid start time because of it.

I'm tired of it. But I'm also tired of hearing people complain about how slow we move.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't agree more, Zac Mad I try VERY hard to keep thins moving as fast as I can, but my trying doesn't matter when other folks don't cooperate. Shocked

I'll list a few reasons that we're slowed down when forming/moving/fighting.

Player ABC says LFG every 2 mins, but says it RIGHT BEFORE THEY ZONE Sad Then they whine they're not in raid. After you type LFG, wait till you get an invite, one is coming. By repeated zoning, especially when I'm trying to shuffle, I stare at a raid window that I can't shuffle. I have to unlock raid, send invite, wait till ABC accepts, then lock raid, then go back to shuffling.
Which means I'm holding up the ENTIRE RAID for player ABC.

Player XYZ shows up 20 minutes late, when I'm trying to shuffle. Now I have to get them into raid (see example ABC), get them into task/exped (can be just as hard as ABC), then shuffle groups to find them a home.

Factor in the "I've no idea what lockouts I have" crowd, the "I can't make it to raid, can I get a CotH" crowd, and the "EEEEK, I'm gonna die! I'll train the raid so they can save me" crowd, and you'll see more reasons raids are slowed down.

I"m NOT trying to single out any single person. Rather, I"m asking folks to pay MORE attention, know your class, how to move around, and bring the items that are required to raid. (shrink, inviz, and gate)

Oh, and shut off the damned TV when strats are given, and during the event. Raids are ONLY going to get more complicated. Hitting auto attack and turning back to the TV will not only get you killed, but also the raid Shocked

Oh, and my BIGGEST pet peeve and raid slow down thing. Do NOT send the RL a tell during raids. Sadly, I've resorted to an AFK message saying "Ask in group or in ahraid channel".

./rant off
Class Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple remedy to this. People that show up late do not get in the raid until the next target. They sit on the sidelines without DKP because they were late. Do whatever target is available for the force that is on time. This way those who arrive early and ontime are not suffering because of latecomers.

If they happen to get into the raid, then it is their responsibility to catch up. Run, banner, invis, swim, catch a boat, whatever it is...A raid force should not have to bend over to suit the needs of one person because they were too lazy to buy some invis pots.

just my 2 cents Idea

Sojuu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:

[Fri Jul 30 20:29:49 2010] *** 'can i get a coh - no fixed invis'

[Fri Jul 30 20:32:32 2010] Elricvonclief tells the raid, 'Ilumia, call *** please'

hmmm...isnt one of the requirements to raid with AH have a way to invis? I can understand oh shit i just ran outta invis pots, but i see people running out of invis pots alot it seems.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojuu wrote:
hmmm...isnt one of the requirements to raid with AH have a way to invis?

Yes, it is. Some people would rather have the mage invis stone though because it is fixed invis (10 minutes) and you won't risk losing invis during the run.
But, you have to be there at start time and ask a mage for one.
Scuzz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kreavan wrote:
Simple remedy to this. People that show up late do not get in the raid until the next target. They sit on the sidelines without DKP because they were late. Do whatever target is available for the force that is on time. This way those who arrive early and ontime are not suffering because of latecomers.

If they happen to get into the raid, then it is their responsibility to catch up. Run, banner, invis, swim, catch a boat, whatever it is...A raid force should not have to bend over to suit the needs of one person because they were too lazy to buy some invis pots.

just my 2 cents Idea

Sounds like something work considering
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if anyone noticed but I have already started doing this. Last night at 8:30 we were starting the raid already and yet again, someone else dead at the RCC zoneline. Personally, I can see a little leeway, but 30mins is more than leeway. From now on, I am going with the 15minute rule for allowing adds to the raid. And, anyone showing up even 1minute after 8pm is on their own to get to the raid. No excuses, we all know what is expected of us and if you cant tow the line, get the hell out.

Most people dont want to be a bad guy but I just dont give a F**k anymore. If we continue to sit around for an hour before engaging a first or second target, you might as well put a knife in the heart of AH all together. Because stuff like that WILL kill us.

/rant off
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: