Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 328
Members: 0
Total: 328
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Beyond Scrying
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beyond Scrying
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Beyond Scrying Reply with quote

Wow ! Discord Tower events are more about clearing than the events themselves it seems, especially after #4 Scrying.

Some thoughts. We tried training the mobs backwards toward the Tower entrance to allow the Raid to move forward after the way was clear. Didn't work. Apparently, guilds can advance by getting a Banner down, head back to their Guild Hall, then leap-frogging the adds by taking their Banner back to the Tower.

Should the adds be all killed off to make the way clear to advance? That brute force method is apparently not in the script. A more devious strategy is needed. I think the clear by training method holds the most potential. However, I propose training forward.

There are 2 rooms beyond the Scrying event room. Basically, a long hallway runs to the north, then turns west. At the end of the west hallway is the room for event #6, Overlord Muram, where we'll meet Lord Brekt's friends. The door to this room will be locked, making this way a deadend. Prior to getting that far, is a branch leading to the south, to the room for event #5, Sacrifice (how appropriately named!).

Blocking the way for the raid to proceed are upwards of some 30 (seems like hundreds) Towerguards. These are level 86-87 and several have some very, very nasty spells that make them almost the equilvalent of event mobs themselves. (We found that out the hard way.) So, finding a way to leap-frog them is necessary.

A proposal. As mentioned above, why not train forward. The tactics for this would include setting up a team of characters that can DA themselves, and survive running the gauntlet. Bards are particularly suited to this due to having DA songs and an instant cast ability, Deftdance, to give them about 36 seconds of invulnerability. The runners, in waves closely behind each other, would sweep up the mobs along the walls of the hallway and ultimately die at the west end door to event #6. A couple of Bards could take the side hall to the south and clear that hallway before ending up at the deadend, too. This may clear the way for the raid to come behind them and enter the room, just inside the door. The priority here is to get a necro, and a SK, or two inside this room and FD. If a cleric or two can make it inside and camp, all the better. The raiders first priority is to get these few inside and safe. After the runners are dead along with any other raiders, and the hallway mobs reset, the necros go to work. All the dead raiders leave their corpses where they fell, do NOT summon back to the Guild Lobby, and return to the Tower. Once inside the zone, groups are shuffeled to allow the necros to call all the corpses to them and the raiders are all rezzed, safely inside the room. If no cleric makes it out safely, the necros start by EE rezzing a cleric.

Will this work? I don't know. Please add your thoughts.
Tumic
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the new Loyalty Vendor, sells those clicky tokens which allow people to 96% rez. Another FD'ing or DA'ing class that cannot rez could get one of these too incase any of the other rez'ing classes don't make it.
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shadowknight with Harm Shield and Deflection would get 36 seconds right there. Combined with DE/FD I feel confident I could make it to the room. Also worth mentioning is a little idea for a macro I had for Sk's with Hate Step AA. I call it the poor mans SoS.. Basically works by standing up.. hitting hate step and then FD. Waiting the few seconds for hate step to repop between uses makes it possible to slowly(and sometimes not so slowly as hatestep is random) move thru areas filled with KoS mobs.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is hate step a random distance teleport straight forward?

Necros have the same thing, what is your macro (I realize the AA ID#s will be different)
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to have finally figured out a use with monks shadow step ability Neshika's Blink...now i need to get it lol. with that cant remember exact distance it warps u forward but combined with other things to keep me up and fd i should be able to do a good amount of training. wasnt there saturday almost done with the move so should be good next week but im down to die a few times tryin this at least

Shendiljor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than willing to use Harmshield, SoS Cape, or whatever to run in and FD and start summoning. Will have some EEs in stock in case the clerics dont make it.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the mobs see through SoS? Mages have those random/rare summoned clicky item (Lore, 1 charge only) that give 1.5 minutes of SoS which would be enough to race through to a safe spot and CoH.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatac wrote:
Do the mobs see through SoS? Mages have those random/rare summoned clicky item (Lore, 1 charge only) that give 1.5 minutes of SoS which would be enough to race through to a safe spot and CoH.

CoH dont works in Tower.
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tumic wrote:
Is hate step a random distance teleport straight forward?

Yes, it's a random distance but always in the direction your facing. Sometimes it only throws me a few feet, other times it tosses me clear across the room.

As for my macro, here it is in all its glory *snicker* straight from my ini file.

Page9Button7Name=SkSoS
Page9Button7Color=0
Page9Button7Line1=/pause 1,/stand
Page9Button7Line2=/pause 3,/alt activate 824
Page9Button7Line3=/disc Rigor Mortis Rk. II
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be create some "temporal" guild and have some folks joining so we can use a banner.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: and yet another idea.... Reply with quote

I have never set this up...so dont spam me to death if it makes no sense, but.....

I remember there were thing called campfires. People would join a fellowship, or somethiing (I think needed at least 5) and then someone could make a campfire....then others could port to the campfire, i think from guild portal.....If there is a safe area where someone could get to to set up a campfire, just have to have everyone in raid join this fellowship, which they can leaave at end of raid to port there......am I missing something????

Thrombo
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campfires don't work in tower.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
am I missing something????

Oh boy are you.. Smile

Fellowships are limited to 9 toons, 3 of which must be in close proximity in order to drop a campfire. Fellowships can only be "joined" in PoK in the building next to the nexus stone. Once your in a fellowship, you get a campfire token you carry on your toon. Clicking this token when a campfire has been placed transports you to the campfire (10 or 15min cool down on the token) as long as the campfire is in a sanctioned zone (like Suegar mentioned, Tower is offlimits). This is why I always drop my campfire in Korafax outside the instanced zone.

You CAN use campfires in zones such as Tower but not for teleporting too. Instead you use them for magical benefits like avoidance and hp/mana regen amongst other things.

Hope that clears up any campfire confusion.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to be absolutely clear so most relevant information to this thread is clearly stated:

Do all trash mobs in this section of Tower see invis?
Does SoS work on all mobs in this section of Tower?
Will the lightning guards start their uber AE as soon as they aggro or do they need to be damaged?
Do all trash mobs in this section of the Tower summon? If so, is it after damage or at 100% hp the can summon?
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All trash mobs in tower see invis.
SoS works everywhere I have been so far, but I am sure there is a random chance of every see invis mob seeing SoS.
Lightning warriors start the AE the second they are agroed, no need to take damage.
The trash mobs summon only after damaged 3 percent.
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used hate step much, but the distance it sends you always appeared to me to be related to the geometry of the ground, e.g. if you're at a low level going uphill you'll stop as soon as you run into the geometry. if you're going downhill you'll go pretty far (not sure if it's a set distance)
Sertandeath
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe have a dps team or two go in advance of main raid 30 min prior to raid forming and clear the trash when all the events are down so we can get to T4,T5,T6,T7 faster

dps team 1
1. tank
2. healer /slower........yeah shaman
3. dps
4. dps
5. dps
6. dps

team 2
1. dps tank
2. healer /slower
3. dps
4. dps
5. dps
6. dps

Rydan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(bit off topic: you can put a campfire in a higher uf tier instanced zone (group-prog) and zone a non flagged player into that instance to play (and flag ahead). There was also no 85 limit when I saw it.)
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Token of Resurection worked exactly as planned last night, I ran up to event room and made it alive. Raid died in corner and dragged the corpses through the wall, resed a cleric with that thing and took a lil bit to get all corpses up but worked great. Next time having me just get moved group to group to target the corpses easier by hiting f1 f2 etc instead of having to assist Elg to target each corpse. Another note tho, corpses need to be pulled OUT of the wall, few people got resed while in wall and poped downstairs getting killed again. Now if someone else does this run you need to be able to get out of combat at least twice. I triggered the event, fd'd. They reaggro quickly, fd'ed again. And Then an emote you have been discovered, saw the mobs all rushing me captain included so i poped imitate death. They path away for a second but then all pile on top of me. They path away a couple minutes later and thats when corpse dragging can start. Needed to kill couple trash mobs before event got going but better than needing to clear it all.

Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that worked just great. Gratz on Tower 5 win and 32% to Synarcana in Tower 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: