Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 341
Members: 0
Total: 341
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Beyond Scrying
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beyond Scrying
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zurf
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we did all the events up to and including 5.5, is it possible to trigger 6 and 7, and finish those before we go back and hone our skills in all the Tower raids? I am sure we shall farm the Tower regularly in the upcoming weeks and months. Smile But it would be nice to have all of the events under our belts, so to speak. And, of course, having a few more EM8 pets would not hurt either.
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time Wednesday rolls around lockouts will be gone for the events we have done so will need to start again. We need to start Tower Wednesday and only do other raids if we dont have enough for tower until tower is clear imo. With new exspansion coming out in a couple weeks also not sure how long tower gear will be relevant tbo either.

Tumic
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we found a way around it, but how sustainable is this strategy? We require someone to do the run and feign, AND that person use Loyalty Crowns. Presumably, if everything goes well this means best case 1 Rez token per week for the runner. That's what, 86 crowns?
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i bought 5 for like 480 or 4 somethin i dunno, so 4 left and about 3k more loyalty points, didnt really c anything else i wanted there anyway atm so

Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking we could use necros to run along with Send, Send/any monk kind of trailblazing and the necros following behind. Rogues might even lead the way and open doors for them to make it easier.
Sertandeath
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sendalor wrote: By the time Wednesday rolls around lockouts will be gone for the events we have done so will need to start again. We need to start Tower Wednesday and only do other raids if we dont have enough for tower until tower is clear imo.....Tower has a 5 day lockout and sendalor is right, each 6 day the lockout go away and we have to start the clearing all over again,but with the high calabir of AH raiders we have we can easly clear up to T5 if we have the peeps

With new exspansion coming out in a couple weeks also not sure how long tower gear will be relevant tbo either: Raiding this armor suit comes with all 8 Inflicted armor slots (Chest, legs, bracerX2, gloves, arms, helm, and boots) as well as the off slot package which includes both earrings, both rings, face, neck, back, shoulders, belt, charm, range, primary, and secondary. Also, inlcuded in Raiding tower are any augs droped while your toon is being suited! Your toon will also receive Void A-G with this, and tower is slightly better stat wise than underfoot T9, and with all the benfits just listed it is still best overall way to make your toon UMBER.

i can tell u first hand that I noticed a HUGE DIFFERANCE once my sk was towered geared vs SoD T5 geared, i have gained a huge amount of confidance in my tanking ability now with my SK.

I truly belive that with AH raiding Tower we will gain confidance and gear to move forward and try UF raids, once the UMBERS GUILDS move on to House of thule raids.

i can tell u first hand that UF RAIDS are NO JOKE, with mobs rampaging upwards of 70K and the nasty 30K AE in queen, we need this fundimental building block and gear tower provides just to survive UF raids.

I have not seen anything about HoT gear or raids, but wlith the pace we are doing tower, we will have 54 players fully towered geared in notime + buying 1K loot from shining city vendor, u too will be umber and have the confidance to do HoT stuff <like>.

Slaanb
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually T4 and T4.5 Tower stuff is quite a bit better than T9 UF Group gear.

The T3 Warrens/Kora raid gear is only slightly better than t9 UF group gear. Not by much. Examples on Paladin plate I was checking. 4AC better difference on the T3 boots and such. So Tower is going to make it a lot better to move up in raid stature.

But... If HoT group gear is similar to Tower gear. Then I see that strategy changing fast. Raiding Tower will put us 2 expansions behind. But, it is a necessary need as well. Time will tell on that.
Tumic
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volunteer to try this. I can load up 3 self-only invulnerability spells to help make it, but I can't FD until I'm vulnerable again. If I have a mob on me when it fails I might not make it.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep in mind prob gonna get hit by a dot or some form of damage also on your way there so a way to heal is needed, i ended at like 40% after mend and defer death with part of a hot up too. and again they reaggro u even after i was fd in the room

Tumic
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the best I can do to equip myself would be to snag a Rune from a ENC, a Heal Over Time. I have a potion and one of my shadow orbs (only like a 4k heal, more if it crits).

All depends on what hits me, but I would think that Yamakhan has more survivability than I do (since he's built his necro up to be a puller as well) while I did DPS stuff before all that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: